MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bill cross

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone out there getting nervous about the MCAT scores? It has been 4 weeks since the grueling experience and another 4 weeks until the scores are reported. I for one am getting very antsy! 8 weeks for scores is a bit too long...

Will schools offer an interview without having the MCAT scores if all the other information is in your file?

Members don't see this ad.

Bill,

Take it from someone who made the mistake last year. Get all your ducks in a row now! I assume you took the test in august? If so you won't recieve results till 1st week of october or second week at the latest. Hopefully you've already got your AACOMAS ready to send. Remember it takes AACOMAS 1 month (minimum) to process. Then it takes a week or so for schools to reply with secondaries after that. Then you've got about 2 weeks of turn around before you send the secondaries back (depending on how long it takes you to write an essay). In other words, your looking at 2 months from the time you send in your primary application till the time your file is complete and at the school. My advice is to send in you stuff to AACOMAS NOW!!! Get your info to your recomenders NOW!!! and start preparing yourself to write some essays. Typical questions include "Why you want to be an osteopath," and "Why did you apply to our school." I hope this advice is helpful.

DocGibby

Doc: Thanks for your response. Yes, I have already heard from all the schools I have applied to requesting secondaries which have all been completed and returned.

I assume they will not review my app and offer/reject interviews until they have my MCAT scores. I have been very diligent in completing all the stuff in a timely manner.
It's so redundant though.

Well, I'll just be hanging out at the mailbox.

Bill.

Members don't see this ad :)
Join the crowd! I was checking my mailbox 2,3,4 times a day (!). Rational? Of course not----the USPS doesn't usually deliver on Sundays at 9pm...
smile.gif

bill,

I'm pretty sure that you won't recieve anything until those scores show up at the school. Then again you never know. Your credentials could be so fabulous that you get an invite (pending they see your scores). At the very least they won't reject you until they them. Unless you applied to one of those schools that more or less accept state or regional students only.

DocGibby