Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

MCAT Scores

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Revathi999, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Revathi999

Revathi999 Junior Member

I have read on MCAT strategy books that you should not release the MCAT scores unless you are very sure that you scored very well. Is that true?
    I took MCAT in April and I feel that I must take in August again. I am a non traditional student. Has anybody taken homestudy courses from Columbia/Berkeley and found
    them useful?

Thanks for any response.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. marleybfour

marleybfour Senior Member

I also took the MCAT in April and fear the worst. I did not release my scores thinking that it might buy me some time. I don't know anything about the Columbia review. I am taking a Princeton review now and find it very helpful.

4. RT

RT Rt

1. No. Schools will see that you took it. They're likely to ask for your scores anyway.

2. Either Kaplan or PR. Otherwise, you'd risk yourself not being trained by the "best." I wouldn't want to lose to others on this factor just because I wanna save some bucks. You could always do more than just taking Kap/PR.

5. Bikini Princess

Eventually med schools will know your scores, no matter what..even if you do well on a second test, you can't release those scores without also releasing your previous scores. It's all one package.

6. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member

Revathi,
    As far as holding mcat scores, you are entitled to hold scores and release the score you wish to release. It is not all one package in which you release one score and then all of your other scores are released. This information is located in the MCAT booklet if you read it carefully! Do what you think is best! Don't listen to others!

7. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member

I believe most medical schools care most about your most recent scores... and a lot of schools only care about your most recent scores. So just make sur eyou improve the second time you take it... that your most recent score is your best score.
    If I were you I wouldn't bend over backward trying to hide past MCAT scores... they probably won't be given much weight anyway... unless you totally bomb it, like get less than a 20.

But, hey, maybe you did well this time and won't have to worry about it at all. :)