MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Revathi999

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read on MCAT strategy books that you should not release the MCAT scores unless you are very sure that you scored very well. Is that true?
I took MCAT in April and I feel that I must take in August again. I am a non traditional student. Has anybody taken homestudy courses from Columbia/Berkeley and found
them useful?

Thanks for any response.

Members don't see this ad.

I also took the MCAT in April and fear the worst. I did not release my scores thinking that it might buy me some time. I don't know anything about the Columbia review. I am taking a Princeton review now and find it very helpful.

1. No. Schools will see that you took it. They're likely to ask for your scores anyway.

2. Either Kaplan or PR. Otherwise, you'd risk yourself not being trained by the "best." I wouldn't want to lose to others on this factor just because I wanna save some bucks. You could always do more than just taking Kap/PR.

Eventually med schools will know your scores, no matter what..even if you do well on a second test, you can't release those scores without also releasing your previous scores. It's all one package.

Members don't see this ad :)
Revathi,
As far as holding mcat scores, you are entitled to hold scores and release the score you wish to release. It is not all one package in which you release one score and then all of your other scores are released. This information is located in the MCAT booklet if you read it carefully! Do what you think is best! Don't listen to others!

I believe most medical schools care most about your most recent scores... and a lot of schools only care about your most recent scores. So just make sur eyou improve the second time you take it... that your most recent score is your best score.
If I were you I wouldn't bend over backward trying to hide past MCAT scores... they probably won't be given much weight anyway... unless you totally bomb it, like get less than a 20.

But, hey, maybe you did well this time and won't have to worry about it at all. :)