MCAT study idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparty1029

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I had a quick question about my MCAT studying method I was going to try.

I am thinking of taking the MCAT on July 13th 2019. I was going to start prep on March 22nd. My course of action was going to be: I currently have the AAMC guidelines about what's going to be on the MCAT for B/B, C/P, P/S, and all that content filled out. I was going to just Anki all of that as fast as I could and study all of that daily for 1.5 months, and do 3 passages of CAR a day. Should I do a diagnostic before I do any of this?

Once May hits I was going to do U world / Practice exams(AAMC Practice exams sprinkled in here somewhere) until July 13th. How does this sound? Also if I do this, when/how should I use the AAMC question banks? Let me know.

My target socre is around a 508ish. Not sure if I am reaching too high or too low.

Thank you for all your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Another option for using Anki is to condense the 300 page KA notes into flashcards and review them daily. KHAN ACADEMY NOTES [ALL NOTES] [300 Page KA Notes Document]

Your approach seems ok but you should take several more practice exams from third party (Kaplan, EK, NS, TPR etc) before working on AAMC FL, since AAMC is the closest to what you'll see on test day so save those around end of May or in June. That's also the time you can start working on AAMC QPacks and Section Bank and thoroughly review them.

Another option for using Anki is to condense the 300 page KA notes into flashcards and review them daily. KHAN ACADEMY NOTES [ALL NOTES] [300 Page KA Notes Document]

Your approach seems ok but you should take several more practice exams from third party (Kaplan, EK, NS, TPR etc) before working on AAMC FL, since AAMC is the closest to what you'll see on test day so save those around end of May or in June. That's also the time you can start working on AAMC QPacks and Section Bank and thoroughly review them.

Thank you!

I seem to have problem downloading some Anki notes. I have created a drop box, but when I try to open it keeps saying I cannot in word document. Can you help?