MCAT Study Plan. How Should I Study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsa35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my MCAT on September 9. I want to device a study plan. I'm currently taking courses in university, but I'll be done with my unversity studies in mid-june. How should I study? Here's a list of materials I bought to study from:
10 Ten full-length AAMC
1001 Questions in MCAT Biology
1001 Questions in MCAT Organic Chemistry
Princeton MCAT Science Workbook
Columbia Review MCAT Practice Tests
The Princeton Review
Kaplan New MCAT practice Tests Fifth edition
EXAM CRACKERS IN ALL SUBJECTS + AUDIO OSMOSIS
KAPLAN Premier Program
MCAT Topical Tests
PREP 101
8 eight full-length AAMC MCAT

How should I plan my studies? What books to start with? How to proceed? How to end? Advice me on planing my schedule.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I'm also taking MCAT on September most probably on 2nd though. Did not work out study plan yet but would definitely need one:)))

Any advice?
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stuff is overkilled. What I would do is study the ExamKrackers books and Kaplan side-by-side. Utilize the Princeton MCAT Science Workbook and EK 1001 as I go. After each lecture (in the EK books), I would listen to the corresponding lecture in the Audio Osmosis and enhance my note. Finally for the last month, I would mainly do full length practice exams. I would, however, save the AAMC tests for the last two weeks and mainly practice on those before going in for the real one.

How much should reviewing in kaplan premium program + exam krackers (with audio osmosis) + solving questions in science workbook take me?

How much should princeton, kaplan, berkley, and columbia practice tests take me?

How much should aamc practice tests take me?

How should I divide my time?

Studying for the MCAT should take you around 3 to 4 months. Just spread them out accordingly. I don't know how fast you study, your pace, or how much you're going to study each day...so it's hard to say. You have to make up your own schedule and stick to it. Generally, content review should be around a month or two, including solving questions in the science workbook and EK 1001. Full length practice test should be a month or a month and a half, while occasionally look back to your notes to refresh your mind. Leave the AAMCs for last, and do each test a day or every other day (probably do this for two weeks) leading to your official one.

I'm taking my MCAT on September 9. I want to device a study plan. I'm currently taking courses in university, but I'll be done with my unversity studies in mid-june. How should I study? Here's a list of materials I bought to study from:
10 Ten full-length AAMC
The Princeton Review
KAPLAN Premier Program
MCAT Topical Tests
PREP 101
8 eight full-length AAMC MCAT

How should I plan my studies? What books to start with? How to proceed? How to end? Advice me on planing my schedule.

Thanks in advance

Haven't heard of Columbia...

Go to SN2's schedule. Add extra FLs into it, use whatever content you like. BR passages are good if you want quality practice.

SN2 broke down the MCAT :)

Haven't heard of Columbia...

Go to SN2's schedule. Add extra FLs into it, use whatever content you like. BR passages are good if you want quality practice.

SN2 broke down the MCAT :)

What do u mean by SN2 and FLS? Can u mention the whole word plz.

SN2ed is a member here at studentdoctor.net here is the link to his schedule..

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=623898

you should modify it somewhat to fit your strengths and your study habits.. FL refers to full length exams..

I made my own schedule... spent about a month doing content review with princeton review books and my undergrad notes... another month doing review/memorization and 1/3 of all 4 EK science book problems ( though these are great practice and a good way to make sure you understand the material the questions are not too similar to the ones on the actual MCAT. except for the bio where the questions are passage based)

after this i realized that i was having problems with my Physical Sciences so i ordered the berkeley review chem and physics books to enhance my skills in the topics I was weak at... I greatly recommend Berkeley Review material for passage based practice problems (not so much for content review).. for the past 1.5 month i have been taking practice exams every weekend and concentrating on areas I missed during the week and constantly reviewing my notes..

we will see if any of this worked this saturday... (thats when i am facing the beast for the first time)

you should modify it somewhat to fit your strengths and your study habits.. FL refers to full length exams..

I made my own schedule... spent about a month doing content review with princeton review books and my undergrad notes... another month doing review/memorization and 1/3 of all 4 EK science book problems ( though these are great practice and a good way to make sure you understand the material the questions are not too similar to the ones on the actual MCAT. except for the bio where the questions are passage based)

after this i realized that i was having problems with my Physical Sciences so i ordered the berkeley review chem and physics books to enhance my skills in the topics I was weak at... I greatly recommend Berkeley Review material for passage based practice problems (not so much for content review).. for the past 1.5 month i have been taking practice exams every weekend and concentrating on areas I missed during the week and constantly reviewing my notes..

we will see if any of this worked this saturday... (thats when i am facing the beast for the first time)

ya, i figured it out after a while!
the books i bought are different from his:
10 Ten full-length AAMC

The Princeton Review
KAPLAN Premier Program
MCAT Topical Tests
PREP 101
Berkley Review Practice Tests

My MCAT is on September 9. What do u think about these books?
I thought that it's good to start studying mid-june. First, study
kaplan premier program + exam cracker with audio-osmosis + solve princeton science workbook + some 1001 questions, for 5 weeks.
Then, i solve practice tests in princeton review + berkley review + columbia review +kaplan new mcat + prep 101, for 4 weeks. By now, I can know where I stand in all topics. I solve more in 1001 questions + topical test in topics where I'm weak.
I leave 2 weeks for solving AAMC tests + final revision.

Do you mind me asking what you're scoring on the FLs you're taking now?

I have been scoring between 11-13 for both BS and PS (my PS score went up from 9 since i got the Berkeley Review books) my verbal score is messed up though and it is going down instead of going up :( have been fluctuating between 8-10. I havent spent much time on the verbal and i have only myself to blame... so, dont ignore the verbal... constantly do practice passages.