MCAT study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted647690

This summer, I plan on doing research and taking the MCAT. I don't think I want to take the MCAT until the spring after next (Spring 2017), but I feel like I won't have time to study in the fall (fall 2016). Would it work out well to do all my studying in this upcoming summer? I don't think the short winter break will provide enough time. The only thing I'm worried about is doing a lot of studying and then having the whole fall semester when I'm not studying as much. I don't know if I'd be ready to take it directly after summer ends....

Members don't see this ad.

You should not have an entire 15 weeks of a semester between your MCAT studying and actually taking the MCAT. Why can't you study starting winter 2017-spring 2017?

You should not have an entire 15 weeks of a semester between your MCAT studying and actually taking the MCAT. Why can't you study starting winter 2017-spring 2017?
Winter would be a much shorter time to study, and I don't know if I will have time in the spring with classes

You should be able to study during classes if you increase your study time. 5 months is honestly realistic if you are taking classes. The trick is to spend a little time every/most days but not so much you can't do it. Also, being able to balance different things in your life is a good skill to have if you don't already. You'll have to do it as a doc, so you might as well start getting used to it.