MCAT Study Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turkishking

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys recommend I buy? What threads are resourceful? I am planning on taking the August Exam. What additional courses should I take? When should I should I start studying?

Major is in chemistry. I have will have finished Chem 1, Chem 2, Orgo 1, Orgo 2, P-chem 1, Analytical chem, inorganic 1 + 2

bio courses: General Bio 1, Cell Bio, Evolutionary Bio, one other bio elective that isn't useful I presume.

Physics 1+2

calc 1 + 2

should i take biochem during the summer session 1 before my exam? maybe take physio next semester?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was also a chemistry major. With those courses under your belt, you'll be rock solid for the C/P section. It's imperative that you take Biochemistry before your MCAT. Maybe add genetics and Biochemistry II if you can fit it into your schedule?

I was also a chemistry major. With those courses under your belt, you'll be rock solid for the C/P section. It's imperative that you take Biochemistry before your MCAT. Maybe add genetics and Biochemistry II if you can fit it into your schedule?
Is genetics high-yield on the exam?

I also graduate during the fall of 2019.

Members don't see this ad :)
What about taking filler courses just to reinforce concepts like advanced organic chemistry?

That just seems unnecessary. Like I said about, OC is low yield subject area itself, and it wouldn't make a lot of sense to delve into advanced OC..

Reactions: 1 user
Khan Academy videos for P/S, Kaplan books for everything else. For CARS, it's just practicing. Don't write anything down when reading the passages, and train your brain to back-track to the appropriate area of the passage based on the question read. This comes in time.

Take Biochem at a CC before I take my MCAT during summer session I right before exam, or at my university, or next semester?

Never took any courses at CC btw