Jan 5, 2014
OK
Status
Pre-Medical
So it's been asked in a few threads on whether or not it is smart to study for the MCAT and be a full time student. However, one distinct difference in those threads and mine is that I don't work at all, I do not have any other obligations this semester. It will be one of my easier semesters (12 hours) in Biochem, org II lab, Spanish I, and philosophy. I have been using the SN2ed study method for the last two weeks and school starts in a week. I want to take the MCAT at the beginning of April. I am just wondering whether or not it is a feasible plan, will I have enough time to pull off all A's in my courses, and at the same time do well on the MCAT? Share what your experiences have been with this.

Sep 7, 2013
somewhere down south
Status
Pre-Medical
So it's been asked in a few threads on whether or not it is smart to study for the MCAT and be a full time student. However, one distinct difference in those threads and mine is that I don't work at all, I do not have any other obligations this semester. It will be one of my easier semesters (12 hours) in Biochem, org II lab, Spanish I, and philosophy. I have been using the SN2ed study method for the last two weeks and school starts in a week. I want to take the MCAT at the beginning of April. I am just wondering whether or not it is a feasible plan, will I have enough time to pull off all A's in my courses, and at the same time do well on the MCAT? Share what your experiences have been with this.
I studied for the MCAT this past semester, along with this winter break. Plan on taking it on January 25th. Over the semester I was taking 22 credits (14 credits were science). I didn't have any other commitments though - just classes and MCAT. I didn't get a 4.0 this semester but ended up with a 3.89. Feel pretty good about the MCAT too so far. It was definitely a lot of work but with good time management I think you can definitely pull it off.

OP
Dylan4081
Jan 5, 2014
OK
Status
Pre-Medical
I studied for the MCAT this past semester, along with this winter break. Plan on taking it on January 25th. Over the semester I was taking 22 credits (14 credits were science). I didn't have any other commitments though - just classes and MCAT. I didn't get a 4.0 this semester but ended up with a 3.89. Feel pretty good about the MCAT too so far. It was definitely a lot of work but with good time management I think you can definitely pull it off.
Thanks for a quick reply. I've got it mostly scheduled (study MCAT during the day, classes at night, study for those classes after and during the weekend). I was just worried it would be an information overload!