MCAT success stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metastasis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if people can share their MCAT success stories. I read a post today in which the person said how they were getting 8s an 9s and ended up getting over 10. That really encouraged me to keep studying because you never know what will happen on the real day.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have taken the MCAT twice, once in April 2004 and the second time this April.

I was a junior the first time around, and I took the TPR prep course to help me study. I remember getting a 24 or 26 on my first practice test. I was very busy with classes, but my score improved and I ended up with a 30R (10s across).

During the three years in between tests I did not take any science classes (I'm an anthro major), but I ended up with a 38O (PS 13 V 13 BS 12) after 4 months of hardcore studying. What made the difference is having more time and focusing on understanding concepts. I didn't take any prep courses, and instead I bought a bunch of books from different companies (TPR, Kaplan, & EK). Since I didn't remember anything, I had to start from the beginning. The EK science books were awesome! It was very condensed and focused on what you absolutely need to know. If I needed further clarification or details, I just turned to the other books but I mostly stuck with EK and focused on learning the basics first. Once I gained more confidence on the material, then I started learning the details.

As long as you dedicate yourself to studying and internalizing the concepts you have to know, you'll do great!:thumbup: :thumbup: Don't give up and good luck!:luck: