mcat test day start time for 8AM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minutemen11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
when does the actual test start.. does it start at exactly 8AM? I going to get into the center at 7:45, although the handbook says to be there by 7:30 (that seems too early, ill probably be listening to music in my car getting pumped up at that time...)

so i also understand that once youre in the center you pretty much will not be allowed to walk back to your car even if the test hasnt started? I do not want to start early, I'd like to start at 8AM or a little later... i want to know how long registration and other business takes, i went to the test center a few days ago; THERE ARE ONLY 3 COMPUTERS?!?!, so i assume the ID verification will not take too long..

Members don't see this ad.

It started early where I was testing. I was there 30 minutes prior and I was testing no more than 10 minutes later.

Starts early but 1 by 1. You are each brought in slowly one by one meaning everyone starts at a different time. BE FIRST (or second) ... You do not want to have to listen to an entire room of people pounding on their keyboards when you are still trying to make your way through verbal. YOU be that ******* to everyone else :p

Starts early but 1 by 1. You are each brought in slowly one by one meaning everyone starts at a different time. BE FIRST (or second) ... You do not want to have to listen to an entire room of people pounding on their keyboards when you are still trying to make your way through verbal. YOU be that ******* to everyone else :p

So the earphones they give you are pretty much useless?

Members don't see this ad :)
So the earphones they give you are pretty much useless?
unless you have a really small head (a head size comparable to the size of a small kitten's head) then bring your own ear plugs and make sure they are in the original package. The head phones that the test centers provide are so small. I remember trying to put them on and the thing broke on me and I had to pay for the damages.

Same thing happened to me. I was the last one to enter the center and I had to listen to the whole room typing. It really threw me off and now I am taking it again because i flunked my verbal -5. the typing also gave me a head ache so I was not able to concentrate on the bio. I got an 11 on the biology but i was averaging 12-15 on my AAMC tests.

Same thing happened to me. I was the last one to enter the center and I had to listen to the whole room typing. It really threw me off and now I am taking it again because i flunked my verbal -5. the typing also gave me a head ache so I was not able to concentrate on the bio. I got an 11 on the biology but i was averaging 12-15 on my AAMC tests.

it seriously had that much of an effect? yikes.

my test center only has like 3-4 computers literally..
so i think the typing would not be a huge problem.. my main concern is that i want to look over stuff before i start the mcat.. so i plan on getting there at 7:30, and actually going into the center around 7:45-750ish, is that bad/allowed??

ditto to ZP.

But your testing centre might be different... at my testing centre they just let everybody just walk in and seat themselves altogether.

The people who got there earlier (some like an hour and a bloody half earlier) got to start 30 minutes beforehand.

Despite the calamities, there are a lot of people who don't take the optional 10 breaks. And why would you? Take a "break" would really only "break" your concentration. You get average 3 hours for a final exam, so why do you need a break after 1 hour and 10 minutes?

I powered my way through the entire test and I was the 2nd one out of the test after a little over 4 hours and 30 minutes... the first person out was this girl who literally held her bladder and did not take a single break in the entire test. I stopped once between VR & WS to piss and drink a 5 hour energy shot.

Plus, it's fun to be one of those people killing your keyboard while you know everybody else is struggling on the Verbal section. You know they're getting annoyed and mad at you, but there's nothing they can do about it... mwahahhahahahahahahahhahaha :p

Also it's fun to finish up and just smirk your way out of the test room when everybody else is just starting the biology section.

First one in, first one out!

ditto to ZP.

But your testing centre might be different... at my testing centre they just let everybody just walk in and seat themselves altogether.

The people who got there earlier (some like an hour and a bloody half earlier) got to start 30 minutes beforehand.

Despite the calamities, there are a lot of people who don't take the optional 10 breaks. And why would you? Take a "break" would really only "break" your concentration. You get average 3 hours for a final exam, so why do you need a break after 1 hour and 10 minutes?

I powered my way through the entire test and I was the 2nd one out of the test after a little over 4 hours and 30 minutes... the first person out was this girl who literally held her bladder and did not take a single break in the entire test. I stopped once between VR & WS to piss and drink a 5 hour energy shot.

Plus, it's fun to be one of those people killing your keyboard while you know everybody else is struggling on the Verbal section. You know they're getting annoyed and mad at you, but there's nothing they can do about it... mwahahhahahahahahahahhahaha :p

Also it's fun to finish up and just smirk your way out of the test room when everybody else is just starting the biology section.

First one in, first one out!

You are evil. You call yourself a supersaiyan but that is something majin buu would do.