MCAT Timer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kech611

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So do we get the timer on the bottom left on the real test day?

Because one of my online practice exam tips on the top of the official AAMC practice test said: "On test day, you may want to bring a wristwatch if you prefer keeping a close eye on the time rather than relying on the room clock or the test administrator. Make sure it doesn't beep."

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, there is a timer. My testing center wouldn't let me bring in my watch. FYI, the warnign times on the real test are different. I think it warned at half way (35 mins for sciences and 30 for verbal) and at five mins left.

Good Luck!!

How does the number going. Is it like the AAMC practice tests where the numbering is continuous for the entire test, or does the numbering restart for each section.

Members don't see this ad :)
So do we get the timer on the bottom left on the real test day?

Because one of my online practice exam tips on the top of the official AAMC practice test said: "On test day, you may want to bring a wristwatch if you prefer keeping a close eye on the time rather than relying on the room clock or the test administrator. Make sure it doesn't beep."

I'm pretty sure this tip is for those who were taking the test back when it was a paper-and-pencil test. Those AAMC's are pretty ancient....

How does the number going. Is it like the AAMC practice tests where the numbering is continuous for the entire test, or does the numbering restart for each section.

numbering restarts, and to reiterate OneTymes, point, the actual test gives a warning at the half way mark of the section, and at 5 mins left. and time will continue to tick away even before you press the "OK" button. (I think the practice tests stop the clock until you confirm)