MCAT Trial Run? (Register, Take, and Cancel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone,

I haven't completed Orgo yet, but I'm thinking about taking a trial run of the MCAT sometime. When I say that, I mean registering for the test, taking it, and cancelling my score immediately afterwards.

Some of the advantages I see from this include getting used to the pre-test logistics (fingerprints, etc), the computerized exam (the specific layout of the questions, passages, and the essay), the test center location, and in general the test day atmosphere. I think that it would reduce some anxiety the first time I decide take it seriously.

Some disadvantages would be using 1 of the 3 times one can take it one year (BTW, does the "year" mean 3 exams per 365 days or 3 exams per 2010, 2011, etc). It might also create subconscious propensity to cancel when I take it for reals.

Has anyone ever done this before? Please let me know what you think of this idea, especially if I'm looking overlooking something (i.e. does a cancelled exam appear somewhere?)

Possibly the smartest thing ever proposed. You're gonna dominate the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.