MCAT tutoring helpful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chevelle1969

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read my post.
I was curious to see whether or not anyone has found a private MCAT tutor from websites such as varsitytutors.com and Wyzant.com. I am going to be taking the MCAT for the second time after receiving a score of 497, and I had a really difficult time taking the CARS section. I figured a tutor could at least identify what I am missing or what is wrong with my study habits. Any success stories would be greatly appreciated because I have yet to find any helpful posts about this topic.

Members don't see this ad.

well, I started prepping for MCAT with a wyzant tutor. but after 3 weeks one of the kids in college told me about MCAT KING. I switched and he is pretty incredibly. With MCAT experience is everything. I am happy with results.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone else have advice on this area? I just received my scores back and am thinking I could definitely benefit from some 1 on 1 help. I am located between Lansing and Flint, MI. I called most tutor companies and it seems I would have to use an online Facetime/Skype as there are no tutors in my area. I was just wondering from anyone's opinion if it was worth the money?

Members don't see this ad :)