MCAT VR Passage Topics vs EK, TPR, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshto

Nervous&Neurotic
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Over the past couple of weeks I have been practicing with various materials (AAMC VR, EK 101 VR, TPR VR).

I have noticed that on the EK VR practice tests there are usually at least a couple of passages on strictly history (i.e. not relating history to today's society but just about the history itself). I know that the EK 101 VR is somewhat out-dated (pre-CBT MCAT) and was wondering if this is why EK 101 seems to have more of these history type passages than the other practice materials that I've been using (the up-to-date TPR Verbal Workbook and AAMC passages)?
Am I the only one who has noticed that the updated material seems to have a sparse number of history-related passages?

Is there a reason for this? Are these history passages less of a focus in the VR section than they used to be?

(fyi - these history passages kill me---usually get half of the questions wrong)

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't really notice it when I did the EK 101. If they're killing you, try to find out why these passages give you trouble. Figuring that out may also help with other tough passages.