Mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to make a poll but for some reason haven't been able to.
Which is the easiest section of MCAT? Hardest? Why? Thanks :D

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Apparition
Wanted to make a poll but for some reason haven't been able to.
Which is the easiest section of MCAT? Hardest? Why? Thanks :D

Completely depends on you. The hardest score to improve is Verbal, so some people dominate it without trying, others can try to improve but only do so marginally.

Ive heard people say Verbal the most because of this. PS and BS are hard, but can be prepared for. I would think BS is the easiest since most of the reqs are oriented towards that section.

This is an easy one:

the writing section :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by exmike
This is an easy one:

the writing section :D

That's what I said too before my mcats... and then I get a freakin L on my writing section! :oops:

I got an L too. I think the WS is the most subjective section, but not the easiest nor hardest. I think the Verbal was the toughest. It was the only section where you could be reading about wolves on one page, then economics on the next. This doesn't make for the smoothest transition, so the information from one section won't help you remember necessary information for another. In the PS and BS sections, you at least have some chance of a reading triggering an important memory and helping you down the road.

~AS1~

yeah, its all up in the air. I took many practice tests, and I did the best in the verbal reasoning section (i did think they were the 'easiest').........turns out that the VR section turned out to be my worst section....it was brutal +pissed+

Out of the three multipe choice sections, I thought that the easiest section on the MCAT was the Biological Sciences section, I've just done so many biology related courses and read so many scientific articles that I actually enjoyed some of the passages. Physics/Chem wasn't bad either, but one must memorize several equations prior to the exam.

As for THE HARDEST yes definetly verbal, that section for me is cursed! I just do not do well on it. HOWEVER, on the PRACTICE tests (Kaplan, Princeton, AMCC) I get from 9-11 BUT on the REAL deal......... the highest I've gotten is a 7 and last time I thought I did well... I honestly CANNOT explain it.........

anyhow....... at least I got 12's on the other sections :)

Originally posted by kwanny
That's what I said too before my mcats... and then I get a freakin L on my writing section! :oops:
Crap, that happened to me too!

I asked several adcom's what a good score for the writing section would be, and they couldn't even tell me what any writing score meant. Just as long as you aren't too far off the spectrum of average, I agree that this section is the easiest. Verbal is probably the most challenging since it's difficult to study for. All you can really do is just keep on practicing and really learning all those test taking strategies you learn in the prep course for this section.

The easiest sections... PS, BS and VS.

The hardest...... Name, address.......:D :D

I actually started to fill out my name and spelled my last name wrong:eek: I thought to myself........ "well self, you might as well get up and leave if you can't spell your own name.":laugh: :laugh: