MCATS: 3-5-6-Q HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IwannaBeADOCTOR

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, as you can see I am in need of some desprate help....

My MCATS are worthless (3-5-6). I have an awsome GPA and a Degree in Biology. What should I do to get my MCATS around 8's?? I took Princton (with 12 credits that semester). I'm a URM, English is my 3rd language. I also work 40 hrs/week. SHould I enroll in a post-bacc, master's program, get a private tutor for the MCATS? I'll do anything.

Any advice? PLease only serious people reply.

Thanks, Kathy

Members don't see this ad.

Howdy,

Kathy, don't worry about your MCAT so much, just retest in April, you have four months to study. Have you thought about questioning why you scored so poorly?

If being a doctor is what you want to do then follow your heart, that is all that matters.

Good Luck, you can do eeetttt!

------------------
BSD
______
Work under the assumption that you will be happy one day

I also know how it feels to not do as well as expected on the MCAT. My advise to you is as follows. Think about why you did so poorly on the MCAT. I would assume that you do not have a grasp on the concepts of physics, orgo, gen chem ect..., but rather have memorized and crammed your way through undergrad with a good GPA. I am not slamming you, because I am in the same boat.

Keep in mind that if you take the MCAT again w/o being properly prepared, then you will surely be screwed. Your chances will fall drastically with two very low scores. All you have in this life is time and opportunity, so don't blow your opportunity by not spending a little time. Sit in on a complete semester of physics, and orgo (take student loans if needed), and try to learn the material instead of cramming for tests. (Am I correct in assuming that you learned for the test, and not to get the concepts?) Take some practice tests and see if that helps.

I guarantee you that you will not get in with scores that low, and if you screw up the test again it will be big trouble. However, get your scores up in the mid-high 20's and you can tell them that you had been in a car wreck 30 minutes before the first test and had to re-take it to show what your true potential was.

You get one ride on the big wheel of life, so shoot for the stars. One or two years of your life is nothing compared to fulfilling your dreams.

2 years/77years = 2.59% of your life.

Study your butt off and shoot for the stars.

First, taking a course does not ensure you a good score. Second, are you out of college or are you currently getting your bio degree now? If you are graduated, take some time off to study and take as many pretests as you can. Third, READ a lot, that should halp your scores. I studied for about 3 months before I took the test.

------------------
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist." The Usual Suspects