RBS21

15+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for me. I am applying to med school over the summer but there is one thing that is holding me back: the MCATs. On the april test I obtained a score of 6v, 7p, 8b, Nw. My GPA is at a 3.46 and it has been improving every semester. I have a lot of volunteer experience and this summer I have an internship type program at a Hospital in DC. Through this program I will become a certified ERT and get comfortable with the medical field. This past week I have watched many surgeries in the Operating room. before taking the MCATS, I studied around 6 to 7 hours a day in addition to the kaplan classes and practice tests. None of my work paid off and now I will be studying just as hard for the august MCAT. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can lift up my MCAT score??
Thanks

Doc AdamK in 2006

Now 2 year UB Med Doc
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2002
Defintely Buffalo
Visit site
Status (Visible)
There are a lot of great tips on the MCAT Forum.

Did you take a review class. They are expensive but worth it. Read everyday, newspaper anything that can get you used to reading different styles of writing. Everything from Poetry to non-fiction

Review courses should help with the Science because they will give you plenty of practice problems

AK

About the Ads

njdesi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I took Kaplan for the April '02 MCAT and boy did I overwork myself. I spent 6-7 hours a day there.
Did it pay off? I went up 8 points from my diagnostic to the real thing in April. Am I happy? No way. I am retaking in August, but this time I am using all the EXAMKRACKERS books and AAMC tests 5 and 6 to practice. That is all I can do. Just 7 more weeks to go. Good luck!!!!I would suggest EXAMKRACKERS!!!

tatabox80

Super-Duper Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RBS21:
<strong>Thanks for getting back to my post. Where do you get examkcrackers from??</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you can get the books discounted at barnes and noble.com. I got their complete study package for 119.00 with overnight shipping. At their site it's 149.00 w/o shipping.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads