Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

mcats

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by RBS21, Jun 30, 2002.

1. RBS21

RBS21 New Member

I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for me. I am applying to med school over the summer but there is one thing that is holding me back: the MCATs. On the april test I obtained a score of 6v, 7p, 8b, Nw. My GPA is at a 3.46 and it has been improving every semester. I have a lot of volunteer experience and this summer I have an internship type program at a Hospital in DC. Through this program I will become a certified ERT and get comfortable with the medical field. This past week I have watched many surgeries in the Operating room. before taking the MCATS, I studied around 6 to 7 hours a day in addition to the kaplan classes and practice tests. None of my work paid off and now I will be studying just as hard for the august MCAT. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can lift up my MCAT score??
    Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doc AdamK in 2006

Doc AdamK in 2006 Now 2 year UB Med Doc

There are a lot of great tips on the MCAT Forum.

Did you take a review class. They are expensive but worth it. Read everyday, newspaper anything that can get you used to reading different styles of writing. Everything from Poetry to non-fiction

Review courses should help with the Science because they will give you plenty of practice problems

AK

4. Doc AdamK in 2006

Doc AdamK in 2006 Now 2 year UB Med Doc

Oops you did take Kaplan. Take Princeton Review.

5. Moving to the MCAT Forum....

6. njdesi

njdesi Senior Member

I took Kaplan for the April '02 MCAT and boy did I overwork myself. I spent 6-7 hours a day there.
    Did it pay off? I went up 8 points from my diagnostic to the real thing in April. Am I happy? No way. I am retaking in August, but this time I am using all the EXAMKRACKERS books and AAMC tests 5 and 6 to practice. That is all I can do. Just 7 more weeks to go. Good luck!!!!I would suggest EXAMKRACKERS!!!

7. RBS21

RBS21 New Member

Thanks for getting back to my post. Where do you get examkcrackers from??

8. Engg to Doc

Engg to Doc Member

Their website is:

<a href="http://www.examkrackers.com" target="_blank">www.examkrackers.com</a>

9. tatabox80

tatabox80 Super-Duper Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RBS21:
    <strong>Thanks for getting back to my post. Where do you get examkcrackers from??</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you can get the books discounted at barnes and noble.com. I got their complete study package for 119.00 with overnight shipping. At their site it's 149.00 w/o shipping.