McConnell Situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trajan

20+ Year Member
Reaction score

On the one hand, I’m sure that Dr. Monahan is a superb physician. On the other hand, is that “fit for duty” note not the most Navy Medicine thing you’ve ever seen?

That quote from the neurologist about failing a medical student is actually pretty savvy. An appropriate smack down by an expert without the expert diagnosing someone over TV.

Members don't see this ad.

“I have consulted with Leader McConnell and conferred with his neurology team,” Dr. Brian P. Monahan said in a brief statement on his letterhead that was made public by Mr. McConnell’s office on Thursday afternoon. “After evaluating yesterday’s incident, I have informed Leader McConnell that he is medically clear to continue with his schedule as planned.”

Dr. Monahan said that “occasional lightheadedness is not uncommon in concussion recovery and can also be expected as a result of dehydration.”

In response:
“If I gave that tape to a medical student and that was his explanation, I’d fail him,” said Dr. Orrin Devinsky, a professor of neurology at the NYU Grossman School of Medicine, referring to the account given by the attending physician of Congress on Thursday.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My wife who is not a physician, nor has any first or second hand experience with seizures or seizure patients, first comment on McConnell was "Wow, he is having seizures".

The Bidens, Pelosis,Fettermans,Feinsteins and McConnells are not the ones running the show and 'they' dont seem all that worried about keeping that a secret anymore.

Interestingly, the democrats tend to hang on to their politicans the longest. Looking at the oldest members of the House and Senate, 8 of 10 reps are (D) and 7 of 10 senators are (D)

Reactions: 1 user
Monahan was a nice guy. Obviously he isn't giving the differential expected of a medical student to the lay press. Cheap shot IMO.

As for all these demented people running our country, Katt Williams has it right, we voted for Paw-Paw (me included but that was more about the wannabe dictator other guy)