MCCQE1 Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jj117

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone is taking the MCCQE1 Exam this year and what resources were the most effective and HY. Im planning on using Toronto Notes, reading Step up to MEdicine as well as finishing UW Step 2 and possibly using some of the Canadian Q banks? Any thoughts or advice on how to maximize performance? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone is taking the MCCQE1 Exam this year and what resources were the most effective and HY. Im planning on using Toronto Notes, reading Step up to MEdicine as well as finishing UW Step 2 and possibly using some of the Canadian Q banks? Any thoughts or advice on how to maximize performance? Thanks!

I used solely Canada qbank and found that the content was very representative. I would turn questions I got wrong into anki flashcards and that's it. I had some of the Step up books that I used as reference if I needed to review a topic more in depth. I would avoid Toronto notes like hot cakes. There is no way it is efficient to read 1000+ pages and try and retain that. You are better off to get through one qbank in detail and get some of the repetition of the important points there. The only caveat is that canada qbank does not replicate the format of the short answer cases - they offer multi-multi's, but the content is the same. MCC also offers a full length practice exam online which would be a great 1/2 way or 3/4 way studying assessment.