McGILL MED SCHOOL ACCEPTANCES.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jesed_s

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wanted to know who got their acceptances for McGill MED. The out of province acceptances and international acceptances were sent out a while back. Who's in??!?! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Moi :)
(That's about all the French I know other than "merci" and "bienvenue". OOP here btw.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Me as well though trying to figure out what I think about attending...I kind of feel like I need a better idea of what the school class make up is... I'll be 25 when I start and a bit apprehensive if half the class truly is about 18 or 19! Do you guys know anything?

Me as well though trying to figure out what I think about attending...I kind of feel like I need a better idea of what the school class make up is... I'll be 25 when I start and a bit apprehensive if half the class truly is about 18 or 19! Do you guys know anything?
Hi,

I am from Montreal, I grew up there, but will be attending a school in the US. I couldn't get into McGill even if I wanted to, because I went the roundabout way to med school and that's not what they like :).

Anyways, approximately 80 people in the class will be 20 years old when they start the MD program. They are called Med-P and come right out of the equivalent of your american sophomore year. It does affect the class a bit, but I think that med-Ps and regular students segregate initially and then in the end I'm not sure what happens. I haven't heard too many people complain, but perhaps the class may not be as cohesive as some other schools you have been accepted to in the US.

I was told it wasn't bad at all. I'll be almost 23 when I start. We'll just be older and wiser, right? Hah

I may have already mentioned this in a prior post, but just to reiterate what was said above, the major difference is that the med-p students have already spent a year together. As such, they are definitely more close at the onset compared to those with bachelor's degrees. However, I can say that almost 2 years into the program, the divide definitely becomes much less apparent because of the small group learning and early hospital experience in MedII. Don't hesitate to post or IM me if you have any questions about the program at all!

-Prag