MCP Hahnemann

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bordello

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am new to the message boards. I was wondering if anyone here has any information on MCP Hahnemann. I just received an invite for an interview, but I know this is late in the application process.

Is there any information I should be aware of about the school? Or does anyone have any information that would be useful as I approach my interview? I had heard the school is under financial problems, is that still true? Current students: are you happy at the school, and what are the pros and cons?

I appreciate all responses and thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

It's been a few days and no one has responded to my post. Is there no one who has ANY information at all about the school they can share with me?

I'm a second year @ MCPHU. I absolutely love it here. I'm in the PIL curriculum, which is case-based and very interesting. It's a very supportive environment and Philly is a great city.

I had my interview on April 28 and still got in. The best part is only having to wait one week to hear!

The bankruptcy is pretty much old news. In fact, many of the other area schools are starting to have financial problems, while we are already straightened out. (Thanks managed care!) The effects have been pretty subtle, although I'd be lying to say that there were no repercussions. Overall, I'm glad I came here and I'm looking forward to next year and some awesome clinical experiences. Feel free to email any other ????s. [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed in mid-February and just heard from them today May 3rd. All the office people told me when I called to inquire about my status this morning was that "The letter was mailed Friday and that I would be pleased." That kept my nervousness up at work today. Eventually when I got home, I had a "large" envelope waiting for me.

first- congrats

from what i hear you have a student interview plus the regular interview. they also ask a lot of ethical questions some time-

they are into the whole Primary Care thing- they take pride in it so if you can ask them about it- it'll show them u've reachered them

GOOD LUCK!!