Program-Specific Info / Q's MCPHS 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wannabeOT2

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I am wondering who else is joining me to MCPHS in fall 2017? I need more information about housing in the area since they don't have dorms. Also, if anyone has any information on the program please let me know! I've heard of a few things from two current students and so far it's been positive feedback. Good or bad, please let me know!
 
Hey! I am also attending MCPHS this fall! I have friends in the nursing program there now and I have been to visit so I know a little about housing. There are plenty of apartment complexes within walking distance of the school. I have heard really good things about the program and when I went to visit I had the opportunity to talk to the department head so I can try an answer some of your questions if you have any!
 
Do you think it is still worth applying to MCPHS? I have been hesitant because of their accreditation status, but I am now thinking it may be worth a shot. I know the deadline is not until March 1, but I don't want to spend the money if the program is probably already full. Any advice would be great, thanks and congratulations to you both!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think it is still worth applying to MCPHS? I have been hesitant because of their accreditation status, but I am now thinking it may be worth a shot. I know the deadline is not until March 1, but I don't want to spend the money if the program is probably already full. Any advice would be great, thanks and congratulations to you both!

I applied back in October and still haven't heard back (even though it's rolling admissions). My guess is that it's full and they are waiting for people to decline their acceptances before sending out more decisions? I don't know why else it would take so long! Have you applied to other schools?
 
Hey! I am also attending MCPHS this fall! I have friends in the nursing program there now and I have been to visit so I know a little about housing. There are plenty of apartment complexes within walking distance of the school. I have heard really good things about the program and when I went to visit I had the opportunity to talk to the department head so I can try an answer some of your questions if you have any!

Nice! Do you know of any way to get into contact with some of those apartment complexes?
Okay! One of my questions is do you know when they will be fully accredited?
 
Do you think it is still worth applying to MCPHS? I have been hesitant because of their accreditation status, but I am now thinking it may be worth a shot. I know the deadline is not until March 1, but I don't want to spend the money if the program is probably already full. Any advice would be great, thanks and congratulations to you both!

Someone on the forum called the AOTA and asked about their accreditation status and said it is very unlikely that they will not be accredited. I'm just not exactly sure when. Not sure if they are full! I think it's still worth applying since their deadline isn't up yet!
 
For those of you that have been accepted, how long did it take to hear back? I applied at the beginning of December and haven't heard anything since then. I received a promotional email a few days ago saying "There's still time left to apply for fall 2017!" so I'm assuming the class isn't full yet. My undergraduate GPA was a 3.7 and I have a lot of volunteer work in the disabled community, so I'm trying to stay positive but I'm not sure what's taking so long. :/
 
For those of you that have been accepted, how long did it take to hear back? I applied at the beginning of December and haven't heard anything since then. I received a promotional email a few days ago saying "There's still time left to apply for fall 2017!" so I'm assuming the class isn't full yet. My undergraduate GPA was a 3.7 and I have a lot of volunteer work in the disabled community, so I'm trying to stay positive but I'm not sure what's taking so long. :/

It took them a little over 3 months. I will be declining the offer so that should open up another spot 🙂
 
Anyone else get the email from them today saying they received a large number of apps and they will let us know as soon as possible. Got so excited for nothing lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the program right now. The last time I checked, there were going to be 30-35 seats, and 12 people have paid for their spots. They have a BS/MS OT program too, so a lot of the competition comes from there too.

Accreditation won't be a concern because a) it is very hard to not gain accreditation from AOTA - they hold your hand along the way and make sure they get accredited and b) they are a health school with many accredited health programs. I wouldn't worry
 
Are we sure they are rolling admission? It is not indicated anywhere on the OTCAS application (the schools I did apply to that were rolling said "ROLLING" instead of a deadline next to them). Seems a little bit misleading to be giving a hard deadline but then sending out acceptances 2 months prior...just saying.
 
Nope! I'm assuming the class is full. Although I don't think I would accept regardless since it's not accredited


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I received an email on March 3rd that my application is under review and decisions will be sent out through postal mail on a rolling basis, but haven't heard anything since then
 
Nope! I'm assuming the class is full. Although I don't think I would accept regardless since it's not accredited


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I use to worry about a school accreditation too. If you are the second cohort you will be fine as you will find out during the first semester if they receive accreditation and it's very very rare for a school not to receive accreditation. I wouldn't sorry about that for second cohort, first yes worry.
 
Anybody heard anything yet? Still waiting. Also, what are everyone's thoughts on the fact it isn't accredited yet? Seeing as what a struggle this application process has been I'm not sure I'm willing to induce any more stress...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody heard anything yet? Still waiting. Also, what are everyone's thoughts on the fact it isn't accredited yet? Seeing as what a struggle this application process has been I'm not sure I'm willing to induce any more stress...

I wouldn't worry about the accreditation. A current student that I spoke with called the AOTA and they said that it is extremely unlikely that MCPHS would not be accredited.
 
Anybody heard anything yet? Still waiting. Also, what are everyone's thoughts on the fact it isn't accredited yet? Seeing as what a struggle this application process has been I'm not sure I'm willing to induce any more stress...
I'm still waiting to hear back too!
 
MCPHS has 30 spots total for next year.
There are 200+ applicants. 12 people have accepted and paid deposits, but 18 spots are still open. More people have been accepted, but people are weary about the accreditation stuff (it won't be an issue, BUT I can see where people are coming from).
 
MCPHS has 30 spots total for next year.
There are 200+ applicants. 12 people have accepted and paid deposits, but 18 spots are still open. More people have been accepted, but people are weary about the accreditation stuff (it won't be an issue, BUT I can see where people are coming from).
How did you find out how many people have paid their deposit?
 
I was accepted this morning but will be declining the offer. I sent in my deposit to another school earlier this month. Hopefully this opens up a spot for someone else. Good luck guys!!
 
I was accepted this morning but will be declining the offer. I sent in my deposit to another school earlier this month. Hopefully this opens up a spot for someone else. Good luck guys!!
congrats! Did you hear back via email or mail?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got accepted here, however I see the program is fairly new. Are there any current students at MCPHS who can give their insight on the program?