Program-Specific Info / Q's MCPHS 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYOT18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wanted to create a thread for those of us accepted to MCPHS and are considering attending! Can anyone who attends MCPHS speak on behalf of their program and what they think about it being so new? Was housing easy to find/ are there inexpensive options?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I've been accepted as well and at this point I'm planning on attending because I haven't heard from other schools yet :)

Hi, I have been accepted as well and actually I went to visit just today to check out the campus and ask some questions. I love the vibe that I got from the school when I walked around, The labs looks pretty cool and I see that they are very welcoming! I am still waiting for 2 other schools to respond but I think I may commit to MCPHS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I have been accepted as well and actually I went to visit just today to check out the campus and ask some questions. I love the vibe that I got from the school when I walked around, The labs looks pretty cool and I see that they are very welcoming! I am still waiting for 2 other schools to respond but I think I may commit to MCPHS.

Yay I'm glad to finally hear some feedback! Everything I've read about the school has been from different programs and the other two campuses so I've been extremely curious about Manchester and the OT environment. I've already paid the deposit and declined spots at other schools so I'm like 95% sure I'll be attending in the fall. Just waiting on a couple more programs like you said and then I'll know for sure. Maybe we will be classmates. Let me know what you decide either way and thanks for the info! :)

Reactions: 1 user
No problem! I was actually looking up stuff to read about the program from other students on here and didn't find much since it's such a new program. I also put in my deposit too just to secure my spot! I am like 90% sure I will end up there. I really liked the school and everything is walking distance. If you were wondering about accreditation, they are actually in preacredditation staus now instead of candidacy status! They are having their on site visit on March 12-15 and then by April they should find out if they will be granted accreditdation or not! I also registered for accepted students day in April just so I can learn more about the program and hear from students.

No problem! I was actually looking up stuff to read about the program from other students on here and didn't find much since it's such a new program. I also put in my deposit too just to secure my spot! I am like 90% sure I will end up there. I really liked the school and everything is walking distance. If you were wondering about accreditation, they are actually in preacredditation staus now instead of candidacy status! They are having their on site visit on March 12-15 and then by April they should find out if they will be granted accreditdation or not! I also registered for accepted students day in April just so I can learn more about the program and hear from students.
This is awesome being able to connect with other students on this forum. I did see recently that they are in the second stage of accreditation which makes me happy but I wasn't too concerned that they wouldn't get it. Its nice to know the date of their next visit is coming up and we will know for sure :) I'm trying so hard to make it to the accepted students day but every flight I found is either stupid expensive or gets me there later in the day on the 28th. Hopefully I can attend and learn more/meet everyone else. Feeling so much better about everything now that you've let me know some details so seriously thank you so much lol

No problem at all! They also have a facebook page for incoming students that have put in their deposit already.

Hi everyone, I wanted to create a thread for those of us accepted to MCPHS and are considering attending! Can anyone who attends MCPHS speak on behalf of their program and what they think about it being so new? Was housing easy to find/ are there inexpensive options?
I also got accepted into the program and put my deposit down in December! I am still waiting to hear from one other program but it looks like I will probably be attending MCPHS.

Hi! Just wondering if any of you wouldn't mind posting your stats? I applied this cycle and am just waiting to hear back now!

Hey, accepted peeps! Can you all see on the FB page how many students have joined the group? Also, when did you all apply/get accepted/hear back?

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Hi! Just wondering if any of you wouldn't mind posting your stats? I applied this cycle and am just waiting to hear back now!
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre req GPA: 3.75
GRE: did not take
100ish hours of observation in 4 settings, hundreds of hours of other volunteering.

I was verified 11/7 and got accepted 12/19. I don't think there is a FB group for this particular class yet so I don't know the number of people attending so far.

Reactions: 1 users

Overall GPA: 3.68
Pre Req GPA : 3.68
GRE: did not submit

Volunteer/observation hours: 40 hours inpatient pediatrics, 40 hours outpatient adult.

Preschool/Kindergarten teaching experience : over 3,000 hours.

Hey, accepted peeps! Can you all see on the FB page how many students have joined the group? Also, when did you all apply/get accepted/hear back?

The FB page is for students whom already put down a deposit for all programs. There's 46 members in the group right now. I'm not sure how many are in the OT program out of those 46. It's called MCPHS- Manchester. Incoming Students - Fall 2018. They only accept your request to join the group after you put in your deposit.

I submitted on 11/13 and got verified on 11/21. I got my decision letter on 1/9.

Members don't see this ad :)
Overall: 3.45
Pre req: 3.85
GRE: 150V 152Q 4W
Observation hours: 90 in 2 settings, early intervention/preschool and elementary school
Extras: RA for 3 years, paid research assistant for 1.5 years- worked with kids in preschool, went on 4 service trips (led two) one was working and living with orphans in Poland, volunteer for a dance class for children and adults with disabilities

The one thing that I believe sets me apart is I am currently doing a year of service with the Jesuit Volunteer Corps. I work with children and young adults with physical disabilities and do adaptive sports and other rec stuff with them.

I am however declining my spot so I hope that opens the seat up for another one of you!

Overall: 3.45
Pre req: 3.85
GRE: 150V 152Q 4W
Observation hours: 90 in 2 settings, early intervention/preschool and elementary school
Extras: RA for 3 years, paid research assistant for 1.5 years- worked with kids in preschool, went on 4 service trips (led two) one was working and living with orphans in Poland, volunteer for a dance class for children and adults with disabilities

The one thing that I believe sets me apart is I am currently doing a year of service with the Jesuit Volunteer Corps. I work with children and young adults with physical disabilities and do adaptive sports and other rec stuff with them.

I am however declining my spot so I hope that opens the seat up for another one of you!
Just curious, where did you decide to attend?

Just curious, where did you decide to attend?
I will most likely be attending D'Youville, it's a longer program but it's 20,000 cheaper and the cost of living in Buffalo is much cheaper!

Does anyone know how many students they accept?

When I went for my interview in December hey said they accepted about 65 or so students. I am also attending in the fall. I really liked the vibe I got from them. Can’t wait to see everyone there!

When I went for my interview in December hey said they accepted about 65 or so students. I am also attending in the fall. I really liked the vibe I got from them. Can’t wait to see everyone there!
I thought 65 sounded insane at first since the first two classes are only 20-30 people but I notice you're going for optometry which makes so much more sense. This thread is actually talking about OT, but congrats on MCPHS anyways and good luck in your program! :)

I'm a current student at the MCPHS OT program, if y'all have any questions hmu

I'm a current student at the MCPHS OT program, if y'all have any questions hmu

Hi! I was wondering how the program is like and how your schedules are set up? Also can you give us some insight about the program from your prospective? Do you like it? I would just like to know more about your experience.

Hi! I was wondering how the program is like and how your schedules are set up? Also can you give us some insight about the program from your prospective? Do you like it? I would just like to know more about your experience.

First year, classes are from 9am to 1230am, M-F. You may have some field experiences that take place after that. Second year, your classes are from 1pm to 430pm with labs in the mornings. I like the program. My cohort was 20, so I really got to engage with my classmates and build rapport with my professors. I'm going through some **** right now at fieldwork, and I know my FWC has my back. Overall, it has been a good program. It has its flaws, but if I had to do it over, I would go to MCPHS again

First year, classes are from 9am to 1230am, M-F. You may have some field experiences that take place after that. Second year, your classes are from 1pm to 430pm with labs in the mornings. I like the program. My cohort was 20, so I really got to engage with my classmates and build rapport with my professors. I'm going through some **** right now at fieldwork, and I know my FWC has my back. Overall, it has been a good program. It has its flaws, but if I had to do it over, I would go to MCPHS again
Do you know if the cohort is always going to be 20? Trying to gauge my chances of getting in. Applied super late and haven't heard back.

12:30am??

He probably meant 12:30pm. I did ask the associate director of admissions about the schedule and she did say 9-12:30pm for first year.
Yeah! That would be crazzzy!

Just got my acceptance letter today!
YAY congrats! I know we've talked a little about the programs we've applied to. Are you thinking of attending? It would be nice to not be the only one from CA moving that far away:)

YAY congrats! I know we've talked a little about the programs we've applied to. Are you thinking of attending? It would be nice to not be the only one from CA moving that far away:)
I am unsure whether I will attend. I currently have a sister attending MCPHS at the Boston campus. I’m waitlisted for UW and NYU, which are my top choices. I am still weighing my choices since I’ve also accepted Davenport University as a backup and now I’ve just received acceptance to MCPHS. I’m still debating what to do! :(

I am unsure whether I will attend. I currently have a sister attending MCPHS at the Boston campus. I’m waitlisted for UW and NYU, which are my top choices. I am still weighing my choices since I’ve also accepted Davenport University as a backup and now I’ve just received acceptance to MCPHS. I’m still debating what to do! :(
I totally understand! Making decisions is hard. It would be nice to see you there in the fall but i know you have to do what's best for you. Good luck choosing!

No problem! I was actually looking up stuff to read about the program....

First year, classes are from 9am to 1230am.....
Hello!

I'm currently waitlisted at this program and I'm in the process of hustling to get my prerequisites finished by the end of the summer. I applied very late, unfortunately. I haven't visited the campus yet, but I plan to soon. BostonOT and Dobber, you have provided so much helpful information thank you both!

Dobber - Do you mind giving your honest opinion about the program?
  • In regards to it being so new, do you feel it is disorganized at all?
  • How do you feel about the professors/staff? Do you think they are supportive and want to help you succeed?
  • If you don't mind me asking, where do you live in relation to campus?
  • How is the fieldwork set up? Is there flexibility on where you can complete your fieldwork and are they good at helping you get connected with a site?

I apologize for so many questions, happy to connect via messaging or another form of communication!

Dobber - Do you mind giving your honest opinion about the program?
  • In regards to it being so new, do you feel it is disorganized at all?
  • How do you feel about the professors/staff? Do you think they are supportive and want to help you succeed?
  • If you don't mind me asking, where do you live in relation to campus?
  • How is the fieldwork set up? Is there flexibility on where you can complete your fieldwork and are they good at helping you get connected with a site?

I apologize for so many questions, happy to connect via messaging or another form of communication!

Just got my acceptance earlier today! Does anyone know when they send the welcome packet in the mail? I'm eager to know more about the program!

Just got my acceptance earlier today! Does anyone know when they send the welcome packet in the mail? I'm eager to know more about the program!
I got mine within a week of the acceptance email. Congrats!

Did any committed students have a chance to attend the accepted students day today?

I did! It was very informational. We got to learn what some of the classes look like, we heard from 2 second year students and 3 first year students about their fieldwork experience and class experience. We got to see the pediatric and adult lab and learn what we will be learning in the future. Lots of questions were answered by the current students and everyone seem genuine and loved the program!

Hi I got into MCPHS as well, I was wondering if anyone knows when they send out welcome packages? I got accepted on last Tuesday, should I expect it to come this week?

Hi I got into MCPHS as well, I was wondering if anyone knows when they send out welcome packages? I got accepted on last Tuesday, should I expect it to come this week?
I received my welcome package about a week later after my acceptance.

Has anyone looked into housing yet? I will most likely be committing to MCPHS!

Last edited:
For those of you worried about accred., I'm pleased to announce that MCPHS has received accreditation as of yesterday. Y'all can apply worry-free now, haha

Reactions: 3 users
I received my welcome package about a week later after my acceptance.

Has anyone looked into housing yet? I will most likely be committing to MCPHS!
I started looking around. Most decent looking places for studio/one bed room go for 700-900...living with a roommate would definitely be a cheaper option.

For those of you worried about accred., I'm pleased to announce that MCPHS has received accreditation as of yesterday. Y'all can apply worry-free now, haha

YAY!!!!