-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MCPHS-Boston Class 2018
Started by sangmin402
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did anyone else receive the e-mail that MCPHS-Boston is at full capacity for this year? :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you just get a email? I just submitted my pharmcas with MCPHS-Boston.
yeah I just got it today..I'm wondering if they interviewed anyone or what's going onDid you just get a email? I just submitted my pharmcas with MCPHS-Boston.
Is the Boston Branch the one where they offer 0-6 program? I may have mistakenly applied to this one instead of the Worcester branch, I am looking to apply to the 3 year PharmD program.
I got an email yesterday that they have all my required credentials and that they will be reviewing my application. They will contact me later for any decisions made.
What is it that the university is at full capacity?
That is weird
What is it that the university is at full capacity?
That is weird
Is the Boston Branch the one where they offer 0-6 program? I may have mistakenly applied to this one instead of the Worcester branch, I am looking to apply to the 3 year PharmD program.
yep, the Boston branch is 0-6, but they accept a very limited about of students that are not already in their program.
Is the Boston Branch the one where they offer 0-6 program? I may have mistakenly applied to this one instead of the Worcester branch, I am looking to apply to the 3 year PharmD program.
They do have 4 years and 3 years programs! Check the school website out.
that's so weird that they are still reviewing applications if they told me they are at full capacity..maybe that was just their polite way of rejecting me? 😵
Is the Boston Branch the one where they offer 0-6 program? I may have mistakenly applied to this one instead of the Worcester branch, I am looking to apply to the 3 year PharmD program.
Yes, Boston is the 0-6, and Worcester is the 3 year program. I strongly suggest you NOT to apply to the 3 year program. If you do some research you will find that the attrition rates are extremely high.
that's so weird that they are still reviewing applications if they told me they are at full capacity..maybe that was just their polite way of rejecting me? 😵
I have heard several people tell me the same thing, and yes, it seems to indeed mean that. It appears that they screen applicants using GPA primarily, because I had a friend who was encouraged to apply with a lower GPA and a higher PCAT automatically get rejected.
they told me they could transfer my application to one of the other 2 branches though. To Worcester or Manchester
DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL.
I repeat.
DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL.
Especially if you are a transfer student.
There is no space, their administration is a joke, and they are still fixing their curriculum despite being the "2nd oldest pharmacy school". Everyone here hates it, even the 0-6 kids.
I would not be surprised if their accreditation is revoked within the next 5 years.
Background:
Been here as a transfer student for 3 years now.
I repeat.
DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL.
Especially if you are a transfer student.
There is no space, their administration is a joke, and they are still fixing their curriculum despite being the "2nd oldest pharmacy school". Everyone here hates it, even the 0-6 kids.
I would not be surprised if their accreditation is revoked within the next 5 years.
Background:
Been here as a transfer student for 3 years now.