MCPHS-Boston Pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ownit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a first year student at a CC and was wondering what the prerequesite classes are for this institution. I checked on their site and on aacp for prerequsities but no luck. Any one know?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a Third Year @ MCPHS, and I have been hearing news in their requisite changes. Many of the transferring requirements have been changing, and a GPA of atleast 2.8 is a must! It is also better to take the non-pharmacy, non-professional courses prior to entering beucase most likely you'll be transferring in as a third year professional - as most pharmacy schools.

Therefore, make sure you are done with your english requirements, US History Requirements (yeah they actually had one) Health Care Delivery, if your college has that class, math (Calc 1, 2, Statistics, Physics 1) Organic 1 and Lab as well as Organic II.

That's all I can remember, but I do have one recommendation, and that is to take Human Physiology and Pathophysiology, (make sure you can transfer those credits first) beucase the professor here, will make you want your money back =)

But as I said bfore, the college at the moment changed a lot of its cirriculum therefore their requirements may have changed as well, give them a call/email!

when I went to see the admissions counselor during fall 2006 regarding their transfer requirements, she said to look at whatever the 1st and 2nd year students had to take, and to take those classes... she said that anything that the MCPHS students would take 3rd year on wouldn't be transferred (ie: anatomy and physiology) because that is considered course taken during professional year, and according to them, you have to take it at their school.

I might be wrong but that's wat the lady told me, she wasn't really nice to start with! she said that as long as your course description matches theirs, then you have a good chance of being able to transfer those credits, but then again, 'can't guarantee until you get accepted and the counselor reviews your courses' according to her.

Anyhow, Good Luck! :luck: