MCPHS-Boston, USP, Rutgers Grads?

Started by SAJ2012
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SAJ2012

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you think of the respective programs? Looking back would you have gone to those schools? Thanks.
 
I'm not a USP grad, but soon to be one in May. It's an expensive program and the active learning thing they do is weird (though apparently now a lot of other schools are starting to do the same thing). Also, there's not much social life here, especially for people that don't do Greek life. One thing I do like about USP is that we have a good rotation network and do 8 rotations (as opposed to 6 at many other schools), but I believe Rutgers does 8 as well. We do have some people getting into pretty good residencies/fellowships every year, but I imagine that depends on the individuals, not the school, as we also had people last year who did not get into residency/fellowship. My advice would be go somewhere cheaper if you can.
 
Price of Rutgers/MCPHS-Boston (w/ Scholarship) are about the same, hoping I get into Rutgers but I have to take the SATs again.