mcphs-boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

santosj

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I applied to mcp-boston in January and have not heard anything yet. I called and they told me they are very backed up and will review my app in a couple weeks. I would like to know how difficult it is to be accepted there as a 3rd year transfer, and if anyone else attends that school or is applying. any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i am not sure about this year...But since last year, they started to be more competitive. Most of my friends got into this school last year for the Boston program. From some source i heard, this year, they only take 35 people from out-states. Oh well, I withrew my application long ago already. So, good luck!

I sent my application in on October and my file was complete in the last week of Oct. I have been calling them every two weeks since and they keep claiming my file is in "final review" I tried to find out what that means but they never told me. I did find out that they got less apllications last year than the year before, so I dont know if that is good for this year but it could have something to do with the reputation of the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only applied there because I heard from my Pharmacist and many pre-pharmacy students that they accept anyone. I applied in December and received my decline in late January. I don't care that I got declined, I applied to other schools anyways. Yes its true, they are only accepting 35 transfer students.

How about northeastern? I applied there, too. I don't know how competitive it is for transfers to be accepted. I am just hoping to get accepted to one of these schools, since they are the only two I applied to! it is so frustrating to be waiting......:( :( :(
thanks for the responses!

I haven't heard from Northeastern. They only accept 30 students out of 500 applicants. That's what I heard...

Originally posted by santosj
How about northeastern? I applied there, too. I don't know how competitive it is for transfers to be accepted. I am just hoping to get accepted to one of these schools, since they are the only two I applied to! it is so frustrating to be waiting......:( :( :(
thanks for the responses!

What pharmacy school are you transferring from? Do you mind if we ask why?

Hey JDPHARMD, Northeastern and Boston are 6 year Entry Level Pharm D programs. Which means 2 years of pre-reqs and 4 years of Pharm D classes. So many of us who have BS would have to apply as a transfer student.

right- I will be graduating with a bachelor's in biology this may but I had to apply as a transfer student.

Originally posted by michelleca4
Hey JDPHARMD, Northeastern and Boston are 6 year Entry Level Pharm D programs. Which means 2 years of pre-reqs and 4 years of Pharm D classes. So many of us who have BS would have to apply as a transfer student.

Oh, OK thanks. :D I couldn't figure out why you would have wanted to transfer as a "3rd year", but it makes total sense now. I think that UCONN is the same way. It seems like a big decision for a high school student to say "ok, I'll committ to 6 years of pharmacy school". Best of luck. Do you like any "4 year" programs in that area?

I have not considered any other schools, since I live in massachusetts, and I am married so I can't just move out of state to go to another college of pharmacy. I hope I get accepted! If not, I may work for a year and reapply. I had the impression that MCPHS Boston was easy to get into, but I am really starting to worry now... well I guess I just have to wait!

Everyone I knew expected MCPHS-Boston to be an easy acceptance, but I think the fairlytale ended this year. I remember talking to the dean of MCPHS and the average GPA is a 3.5. You should call the school if your so worried. I hope you get accepted to Northeastern because I would choose Northeastern over MCPHS. From forum reponses there hasn't been positive comments on MCPHS.