MCPHS - WORCESTER - CLASS OF 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dylan Tran

EducateYourself
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome prospect students! I don't see a thread for the next class of pharmacy student doctor so I decided to create one. In the past, I came here for many useful answers to my questions so I know it will benefit many curious minds in here.
Good luck with all your endeavors!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, so I submitted my pharmcas application early Oct and as of today (10/22) my application has been completed and am placed on a waitlist for the interview. Is anyone currently also on a waitlist for the interview??What exactly does this waitlist mean??? I'm super worried....:bucktooth:

Hi guys, so I submitted my pharmcas application early Oct and as of today (10/22) my application has been completed and am placed on a waitlist for the interview. Is anyone currently also on a waitlist for the interview??What exactly does this waitlist mean??? I'm super worried....:bucktooth:

hey, applied for fall 2019, what were your stats???

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted for the class of 2022, have you heard anything back yet?

hey, applied for fall 2019, what were your stats???

Omg I just saw this so sorry had interview last Friday and it’s a waiting game from this point .. my GPA is 3.4 and have 4yrs of experience in healthcare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got accepted for the class of 2022, have you heard anything back yet?

Omg congrats!!!!! I just had my interview last week...they said will lemme know by end of this week if not January...a waiting game from now on basically

Omg congrats!!!!! I just had my interview last week...they said will lemme know by end of this week if not January...a waiting game from now on basically

I got accepted pretty quickly. I kept checking my MCPHS portal, its a lot faster than waiting on the mail.

I got accepted pretty quickly. I kept checking my MCPHS portal, its a lot faster than waiting on the mail.

CONGRATS!!!! XD how long did you waited like a week or so before they replied?
I just had mine Friday....will keep checking the portal...:sorry:
Are you committing and if so will you be also planning to live on campus?

CONGRATS!!!! XD how long did you waited like a week or so before they replied?
I just had mine Friday....will keep checking the portal...:sorry:
Are you committing and if so will you be also planning to live on campus?
Thanks! Yes committed and living on campus

Thanks! Yes committed and living on campus

That’s so awesome if I do get accepted I’m planning to stay on campus as well. I just got a call from admission asking me to submit an unofficial transcript from this semester so im taking it as a sign they are interested I really hope I get in!! Which dormitory are you considering to stay?

Good luck! and i did get a housing scholarship for the year to the shrewsbury apt's i believe, not sure if they're good or not but its free

Good luck! and i did get a housing scholarship for the year to the shrewsbury apt's i believe, not sure if they're good or not but its free

Omg congrats!!!!!I didn’t know they offer scholarship for housing as well. Did you have to apply for it separately? Or was this part of the merit award that we are automatically enrolled when we apply. I’m sooo happy for you and oh Merry Christmas and have a blissful holidays!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ughhh so I had my interview on the last week before their Xmas break....it’s mid -January now...so technically 2.5working weeks had passed but still nothing from the school.....I’m worried af...

I saw your reply about your stats above. I just started working in a pharmacy in November. I think that’s still good experience!!
Yes!! It’s always good to have some experience in pharmacy prior to starting the program. So have you accepted the offer? If so, are you planning to live on campus?

I did accept the offer and yes I will be staying on campus. I wanted to stay off campus but I think it’s best to stay on campus. If you don’t mind me asking but do you live in Massachusetts?

Omg congrats congrats can’t wait to get accepted too ahhh this waiting game is killing me which dorm will you be staying the one above the admin building with the gym?
I’m in NY what about you??

Thank you I know it killed me to find out my decision! I checked the portal like everyday until I got a call from the school. I’m still figuring out where I want to live. I live in Boston, Massachusetts :D

Ohh they called you to inform you about your acceptance? Nice!
I wrote an email to Julie yesterday regarding a follow up...she hasn’t replied me so we’ll see...
I’m planing to stay on campus too if I hear from them but probably not the one in the admin building coz those ones ain’t got no tubs I’m a girl I need my weekly beauty bathes

Yeah I got a phone call before the portal! Julie is so nice and I think they are still doing interviews until February 1st. I didn’t know they didn’t have tubs! I think I probably looked so fast last time at open house. Thanks for letting me know

Yup but the rooms are newer and more updated compare with the others tho, so it’s really a matter of preference... also it’s got a kitchenette in it where as the others are shared I believe.

Yeah I saw just a two people bedroom and I wish I got to see the studios. I would love my own kitchen but I don’t mind sharing. Do you currently attend college?

Yup tryanna get my pre-reqs done, you?

I am in college and about to finish my undergraduates degree! I hope you have a great semester completing your pre-reqs :)

I hope I get accepted first otherwise all these pre-req won’t matter

Would you apply the year after? How did your interview and essay go?

If I don’t get accepted this yr what’s the point of applying next yr though... it’s gonna be same transcripts~
I felt the interview went ok and essay was easy. Did you have pharmacy experience prior to the interview?

I feel that if you don’t get in this year then there is always a great shot to try again. Just keep your head up and don’t let this stop you from achieving what you want to be when you come out to the real world! I did but it was only a month experience.

The only reason I applied to this school is coz it’s an accelerated program...there are not many accelerated programs out there and MCPHS is the closest one from where I live...

I do agree there is not much out there! I hope you get a decision soon

I’ll let u know if I hear anything! Imma go zzz now have an awesome weekend and congrats once again on your acceptance! Night night

I recently got an interview to this school, but I have heard so many mixed reviews. I am a little worried. Has anyone else heard anything?

I recently got an interview to this school, but I have heard so many mixed reviews. I am a little worried. Has anyone else heard anything?

I’ve spoken with few of the current students during the day of my interview. I also got a friend who’s currently attending there. It’s an accelerated program so don’t expect it to be easy. Be prepared not to have a social life for 3 years and been constantly dumped at with massive info that you’ll have to memorize. It’s a graduate level program so don’t expect the professors to tender and babysit you, THEY DONT CARE. It’s going to be all time management, self study and constant test taking. If you don’t pass one class you can’t advance on to the next level..hope this helps!

Omg congrats!!!!!I didn’t know they offer scholarship for housing as well. Did you have to apply for it separately? Or was this part of the merit award that we are automatically enrolled when we apply. I’m sooo happy for you and oh Merry Christmas and have a blissful holidays!

Hey, sorry for the late respond, they just included it. I believe it's because I applied early because someone else I know also received it! Also, I never got a phone call like someone else in this thread mentioned! I just kept checking the portal and eventually got the acceptance package in the mail. Hopefully you hear back soon!

Hey, sorry for the late respond, they just included it. I believe it's because I applied early because someone else I know also received it! Also, I never got a phone call like someone else in this thread mentioned! I just kept checking the portal and eventually got the acceptance package in the mail. Hopefully you hear back soon!

I’m in!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Omg you are lucky

Hi!
I recalled you mentioned you wanted to stay on-campus, have you already submitted the housing interest form as well as signed the housing contract? Which residence housing will you be staying?