MCPHS (Worcester)--Fall 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received my immunization forms and deposit confirmation today. :D I mailed the check less than a week ago.

See everyone in the fall, I hope!

Members don't see this ad.

What were your dates of pharmcas submission?
" " supp. app.?
" " interview invite?
" " acceptance letters, denials, wait list?

BEEN OVER A MONTH NOW :( AND WAITING ANXIOUSLY-ONLY APPLIED TO A HAND FULL OF SCHOOLS (what a mistake)

I recieved my acceptance letter today! :love::love::love:
I'm so excited. I'll see all of those accepted in the fall.
I went for my interview on March 1.
My letter was mailed March 2.
And I received it today.

hey whats ur stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 3.0 gpa and a 3.3 science and math gpa.
I have worked for a pharmacy for 4 years fulltime.
I have a BS in Biology.

Received my acceptance letter today :thumbup:

I got my acceptance letter today:love::love::love::love::love: I am so happy since this school is my first choice.

I also got the acceptance letter today. Congrats to everyone who got accepted, and good luck to those on waitlist.
My stats:
3.78 cummulative GPA, 3.51 science and math
1 year volunteering at hospital
3 months volunteering at community pharmacy
BS in Business Administration

Last edited:
Hi I submitted my application on 2/1, I know it's very last minute. But I haven't heard from them. It's been over a month! I tried to call the admission, but the call never went through. So I left a message to check on my status or to see if I am missing anything. But no response. I was wondering if any one has any ideas what I should do. and are they still reviewing applications or inviting anyone to the interview at this point? Thanks!!!

-pinktea

Hi I submitted my application on 2/1, I know it's very last minute. But I haven't heard from them. It's been over a month! I tried to call the admission, but the call never went through. So I left a message to check on my status or to see if I am missing anything. But no response. I was wondering if any one has any ideas what I should do. and are they still reviewing applications or inviting anyone to the interview at this point? Thanks!!!

-pinktea

When I went for my interview on march 1st Brian told me that they will me inviting and interviewing until the end of April. After that they will be looking at the waitlisted students. They will continue to accept applicanst until they have 225 studunts for the incomming class. So I would try calling. They are hard to get a hold of but if you talk to someone they will be able to give you a deffinate answer as to what step in the process your application is in.
Best of luck.

pinktea -- have to tried emailing them also? it is kinda hard to get through when calling... I went on a emailing spree.. I emailed them alot because you know.. they check their email everyday and every email i sent they have replied to me.. so maybe you should try that also? and continue to keep on calling.. =) i did.. lol

-pinktea

Hey, I just received an interview invitation from MCPHS Worcester today. Since English is not my first language, they required me to send in my TOEFL score (but I was exempt from it). They marked my application as completed on February 23, and I saw on the interview invitation that the letter was sent out March 1...so they are definitely inviting more people still! Good luck :)

The lady told me about a week ago she received my fall grades. She told me everything I needed to know. I have a C+ in Orgo 2 that they are concerned about and also they think I might not be able to handle 18 credit semesters. She told me that they will be doing interviews till May/June. I know its late as heck but I think your winter grades will do something. I truly dont care much since Ill just go to grad school. I have been dined everywhere else and VCU doesn't have nerves to just tell me No. These schools are swear, we all go through a lot and they dont tell us. But I know someone that goes to the school and I remember he got a really late interview. He had like a 4.0 GPA and did a lot of pharmacy volunteering and work. You know when they accepted him? The weekend before school started.

-pinktea

To be honest I did the same thing last year, I sent my app very late thanks to Pharmcas screwing it up so I had an extension as well. But I was dined right off the bat. They can accept students till the weekend before school starts or a week before something like that. If you have good credentials I think you should be ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm declining my acceptance so hopefully that gets someone off the waitlist! Worcester is too cold for me :(

Does anyone know if they make admission decisions on spring break or should I consider waiting for 1 more week??:confused:

Does anyone know if they make admission decisions on spring break or should I consider waiting for 1 more week??:confused:

Just wait, I mean you waited this long, what is another week?

do any of the ucrrent students know how early we need to apply for the dorm housing?

Hello everyone. I have recently been accepted to MCPHS in worcester. I am looking to find a roommate. I am 24 years old, non-smoker, non-drinker, easy to get along with and neat. I am looking for a roommate for the skymark towers which is within walking distance of school. It is a two bedroom apartment. If anyone wants any more information please feel free to contact me via pm or email me at [email protected]

Hello everyone. I have recently been accepted to MCPHS in worcester. I am looking to find a roommate. I am 24 years old, non-smoker, non-drinker, easy to get along with and neat. I am looking for a roommate for the skymark towers which is within walking distance of school. It is a two bedroom apartment. If anyone wants any more information please feel free to contact me via pm or email me at [email protected]

This would have been a good fit; unfortunately I am most likely going to decline my acceptance :(

Well I really recommend that you apply asap after you get the application packet (which will be sent out a couple months from now, I think), especially if you know you're gonna live there for sure and you want the non-6 bedroom suites. If you're fine with living with 5 other people then you should have no problem getting a room there.
I applied a few days after I got the letter and all that was left was the 6 bedroom place, and I just cannot picture myself living with 5 other people. So yea, I ended up renting off campus, haha..

do any of the ucrrent students know how early we need to apply for the dorm housing?

Since there is no meal plan or a cafeteria on campus. Are most people just going to cook their food everyday or are they going to eat out everyday. I can't cook anything so I'm probably going to eat out a lot. I'm probably going to gain like 50 lbs eating out everyday. What is everyone else going to do?

I'm a 21 yr. old , non-smoker, and cleanly female. I'm looking for a room mate for next year. I don't know yet, what apartments exactly. But if you're interested, please feel free to PM me. Also, I'm a night study person and will probably cook once in a while.

I got wait listed without an interview. Is that a mistake?

I am a new member and just got interviewed a few days ago here. It sounds like if you survive the first year, you can relax a bit. I finished my supp on Feb 22 and got an interview invite two week to three weeks later by mail. I know I will be accepted from the interview and my visit since I felt I did the best for the entire day. If you have any questions about the campus or anything, I can probably answer them!

I am a new member and just got interviewed a few days ago here. It sounds like if you survive the first year, you can relax a bit. I finished my supp on Feb 22 and got an interview invite two week to three weeks later by mail. I know I will be accepted from the interview and my visit since I felt I did the best for the entire day. If you have any questions about the campus or anything, I can probably answer them!

I also interviewed a couple of days ago (4/1/10 to be exact) I feel like everything went well but I'm kinda discouraged that the class WILL BE full. Do you think you will be waitlisted? Keep me updated on your status and I will do the same!

GOODLUCK

Last edited:
I interviewed on the same day and got to walk in to see the classroom when a test was going on in the afternoon! I thought getting interviewed in a teacher's office was great and the key to the interview was "How would you handle the 3 year program?" I gave him the right answers and he even told me that's exactly what you should do! Strange, they didn't tell me that the class was full. With 200+ accepted, I am think at least 20 drop. Good luck on receiving your letter :thumbup:

I also interviewed a couple of days ago (4/1/10 to be exact) I feel like everything went well but I'm kinda discouraged that the class is full. Do you think you will be waitlisted? Keep me updated on your status and I will do the same!

GOODLUCK

I don't think the class is full yet! I was interviewed on March 25, and just received my acceptance letter a couple of hours ago! I definitely think there are more seats :) From what Brian told me, if you got the interview, you have a 75% chance of getting in since 300 students are interviewed and 225 seats available.

I'm still deciding between MCPHS or an in-state school!

Good news, then! I did hear they purchased a building to accommodate the 200+ students for next year. If I were you, I would go with the in-state college because you can visit your friends and family a lot more. From what was inferred and stressed by my interviewer, it will be a stressful first year with multiple test a week and a test every day on finals week, but the entire college is accelerated and you will be there to study hard.

i am just curious how likely for someone to get accepted off the waitlist if they did not even get an interview?

I don't think the class is full yet! I was interviewed on March 25, and just received my acceptance letter a couple of hours ago! I definitely think there are more seats :) From what Brian told me, if you got the interview, you have a 75% chance of getting in since 300 students are interviewed and 225 seats available.

I'm still deciding between MCPHS or an in-state school!

So, you received your acceptance letter on the 3rd? Congrats...Have you decided on whether you are going to attend or not? There is a 30-day deadline for you to respond to your acceptance correct?

So, you received your acceptance letter on the 3rd? Congrats...Have you decided on whether you are going to attend or not? There is a 30-day deadline for you to respond to your acceptance correct?

Yep, both my bf and I received our acceptance letters on the 3rd. & Yes, the deadline to submit the deposit is within 30 days. Both of us are planning to decline our acceptance and go to an in-state school though, so you guys will have two more seats available! Good luck! :)

I interviewed on the same day and got to walk in to see the classroom when a test was going on in the afternoon! I thought getting interviewed in a teacher's office was great and the key to the interview was "How would you handle the 3 year program?" I gave him the right answers and he even told me that's exactly what you should do! Strange, they didn't tell me that the class was full. With 200+ accepted, I am think at least 20 drop. Good luck on receiving your letter :thumbup:

What state are you living in right now? Have you heard anything yet? I check my mailbox everyday! LOL!

I live in Missouri right now, but I have my mail sent to South Dakota since I am finishing my degree at a different college this semester and didn't update them on my new address. I have been in the dark for the past nine days! I will call my roommate tomorrow and see if he received the good news, but for now I am confused :confused: and confident :rolleyes: to receive my first acceptance letter!

Good news, then! I did hear they purchased a building to accommodate the 200+ students for next year. If I were you, I would go with the in-state college because you can visit your friends and family a lot more. From what was inferred and stressed by my interviewer, it will be a stressful first year with multiple test a week and a test every day on finals week, but the entire college is accelerated and you will be there to study hard.

I attended UMASS and graduated early in 3 years with my BA. I prefer a 3 year pharmD program because i accomplish best under pressure and wouldn't want to spend an extra year in pharmacy school when i can finish in 3!!!! Plus, MCPHS is one of the few schools along with Univ. of Pacific that offers a 3-year PharmD program.:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Hello everyone, I got my acceptance letter yesterday:soexcited:
My stats: GPA 3.6
science/math 3.4
BA- Business Administration
1 year of pharmacy experience

science/math 3.4

Congrats!

When was your interview? Are you going to attend?

My jeopardy music is still playing in the background! When will it end?! :confused:

My jeopardy music is still playing in the background! When will it end?! :confused:

I interviewed in march. Don't worry since it's still early for you. Give them a bit more time to reply.

science/math 3.4

What makes you want do pharmacy? Just wondering since you have a BA in Business Administration. Seems like a 180 move.

And you guys who haven't been accepted yet have nothing to worry about. Even if you are put on hold, it is still early and there will be a lot of movement within the waitlist in next few months. People will get accepted to other schools and will be giving up their spot. I have a friend who was accepted in August.

I can't wait to see all of you in the fall though! Good luck :luck:

What makes you want do pharmacy? Just wondering since you have a BA in Business Administration. Seems like a 180 move.

And you guys who haven't been accepted yet have nothing to worry about. Even if you are put on hold, it is still early and there will be a lot of movement within the waitlist in next few months. People will get accepted to other schools and will be giving up their spot. I have a friend who was accepted in August.

I can't wait to see all of you in the fall though! Good luck :luck:

All I can tell you is that everyone is at a different angle.

Last edited:
So the rumor is true, they are at near capacity of the accepted students and are reviewing the number of spots that are declined. This means I won't hear from them for another week and a half or two :scared: However, good news I have gathered from them is my faculty member HIGHLY recommended me after the interview process :rolleyes:

So the rumor is true, they are at near capacity of the accepted students and are reviewing the number of spots that are declined. This means I won't hear from them for another week and a half or two :scared: However, good news I have gathered from them is my faculty member HIGHLY recommended me after the interview process :rolleyes:

Did you call or email them? How'd you find out some info?

Everyone!!! This is my third year in a row applying to pharmacy school. My advice is to never give up on what you really have a desire to do.

I believe I received my acceptance letter today! Its a big white envelope...with red writing (MCPHS)...Im just afraid to open it b/c I may just have a heart attack!

Im estatic!

:love::love::love:

Everyone!!! This is my third year in a row applying to pharmacy school. My advice is to never give up on what you really have a desire to do.

I believe I received my acceptance letter today! Its a big white envelope...with red writing (MCPHS)...Im just afraid to open it b/c I may just have a heart attack!

Im estatic!

CONGRATULATIONS! Go celebrate! ;)

Im estatic!

Good job, you don't have to wait anymore! I can wait since I am a little bit younger and my stats aren't up to par as you people, but I might have to interview again :( since I have to wait for acceptance letters for two colleges still.