MCPHS Worcester or Northeastern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmDnewb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi SDN community. First of all I want to thank everyone here for posting very useful information. I've been lurking the forums since last year but haven't joined SDN until today.

Second, I was accepted to both MCPHS-W's accelerated pharmD and Northeastern's graduate pharmD program (with a lot of help from SDN). I was wondering if anyone could help me choose or give me pro's/con's for both schools. The biggest problem I have with choosing a school is MCP's 3 year program vs. NEU's 4 year program but with an awesome co-op. A smaller problem will be that if I choose NEU, I'll be in the same year/class as my brother who is taking the 0-6 year pharmD route. I'll have to take a few more electives than he does and I have to have a 3.0 rather than a 2.0 GPA (me = jealous)

Thanks again guys!
 
Well I guess I will start. I don't know anything about Northeastern other than that it is pretty and that it has a co-op system, so I will just say some facts off the top of my head about MCPHS-Worcester. These were obtained from current students, past students, and at my interview.

MCPHS, Worcester campus:
- Class of 2007 NAPLEX pass rate = 97+%
- % of class entering residency = ~20%; national average = 11%
- % of class graduating within the 2 years 10 month period = 120-130/150
- Average age of class = 28 years old
- Rotations = http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=6379496&postcount=7
 
Anyone else have opinions?

BTW, I asked my MCPHS interviewer how difficult the workload is compared to other 4 year pharmacy schools. He told me that MCPHS teaches at the same pace as other schools except that the studying never stops (because there are no summer breaks). I was wondering if anyone could comment on this.

Thanks!