MCPHS WORCESTER PharmD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did your GPA calculation go up or down when submitted to pharmcas??

Nope because I didn't retake any class.

Members don't see this ad.

did you guys get an email confirmation that the school received your application from PharmCAS? or did you guys just directly get a call for an interview invite? I sent my app in a a few weeks ago, but no confirmation.

Hey I havent applied yet but i do know it'll take a few months before u hear back about an interview invite. I think u should have gotten a letter from pharmcas saying ur application has been submitted but i might be wrong about that part. Let us know what happens... and can u please share ur stats if u dont mind. It'll serve as motivation/ encouragement to the rest of us

Members don't see this ad :)
did you guys get an email confirmation that the school received your application from PharmCAS? or did you guys just directly get a call for an interview invite? I sent my app in a a few weeks ago, but no confirmation.

I submitted my application 6/24. Pharmcas sent it to school on 8/7( the first mailing day). I received the letter from school for the interview on 8/29. I didn't receive any email from school to confirm that they already receive my application. You should check your PharmCas online to see if they calculate your GPA yet. If everything is done, they send you an email and said your application will be mail to school on next PharmCas mailing. They calculate my GPA early(7/16) because I sent my transcript early (6/12). From what I know, it takes them 5 weeks after you submit your application to calculate your GPA since they are super busy at this time. Hope this help!
P/s: I'm talking about MCPHS Worcester. I don't know about other schools. This is the only school that I'm applying for. :scared:

Last edited:
Congrats Pharmdream! You're half way there. I'm also applying to the worcester campus I'm waiting on my last two LOR's and then I can submit to pharmcas. What are your stats??

Thank you =) From what I know, you can submit it before they receive your LOR's. Good luck!

Thank you Pharmgirl can anyone confirm this information. Can we really submit our application before LOR's and transcripts have been received? These two are all I am awaiting if this is the case my app will be submitted ASAP!

Stats are posted what do you guys think as far as admission is concerned??

Cumm. GPA 3.2
Science GPA 3.6
No pcat
3 months Pharmacy technician experience ( almost board certified)
Good extracurriculars including a competitive summer enrichment program
3 excellent Good LOR's
Almost complete with B.S although may not have it by the time pharm schools starts undergrad fin aid max.
Still need micro and A&P

Thank you Pharmgirl can anyone confirm this information. Can we really submit our application before LOR's and transcripts have been received? These two are all I am awaiting if this is the case my app will be submitted ASAP!

Stats are posted what do you guys think as far as admission is concerned??

Cumm. GPA 3.2
Science GPA 3.6
No pcat
3 months Pharmacy technician experience ( almost board certified)
Good extracurriculars including a competitive summer enrichment program
3 excellent Good LOR's
Almost complete with B.S although may not have it by the time pharm schools starts undergrad fin aid max.
Still need micro and A&P

"PharmCAS Mailing of References
PharmCAS will begin to forward your references to your designated pharmacy schools once your file is complete. PharmCAS will NOT hold your application for missing references."
http://www.pharmcas.org/applicants/eval.htm

Hey guys! I'm a current P1 and can answer questions for you about the application process as well as anything you'd like to know about the program. SDN was key for me during this phase and I want to pay it forward to the new applicants!

Hey guys! I'm a current P1 and can answer questions for you about the application process as well as anything you'd like to know about the program. SDN was key for me during this phase and I want to pay it forward to the new applicants!

What's the lowest you have heard of that got in to mcp Worcester?

What's the lowest you have heard of that got in to mcp Worcester?
Probably just below a 3.0, but they had tremendous experience as a tech and the low grades were from previous undergrad. Their current pre-reqs were really good as well.

The good news is, grades aren't everything. The school really does look at the whole applicant and experience weighs really heavily where low grades are concerned.

Are you in that situation?

Probably just below a 3.0, but they had tremendous experience as a tech and the low grades were from previous undergrad. Their current pre-reqs were really good as well.

The good news is, grades aren't everything. The school really does look at the whole applicant and experience weighs really heavily where low grades are concerned.

Are you in that situation?

Yeah i will be applying with a 2.83 cumulative gpa but I have a bachelors degree and I have over a thousand volunteer work hours... many of those hours include assisting pharmacists during a missionary work trip... but i have yet to work as a tech here in the us. Honestly, I am relying heavily on the fact that I suffered a life changing injury towards the end of my freshman year. My gpa would def be over a 3.0 if it wasnt for that but idk if they will still invite me for an interview since my gpa is way below the 3.0 cutoff... im confident but a lil worried at the same time tbh

Members don't see this ad :)
Not specifically....I do know of someone who has transferred from Rutgers that has not completed her Bachelor's Degree, but had completed the majority of the course work required and, obviously, all of the pre-requisites. Your essay and interview (should you be granted one) must be very strong in order to demonstrate your drive and determination to do what's necessary to succeed in the program given your lack of pharmacy experience/ volunteer time. I think it is possible for you to be accepted if your app is strong in the areas I mentioned.

Last edited:
Yeah i will be applying with a 2.83 cumulative gpa but I have a bachelors degree and I have over a thousand volunteer work hours... many of those hours include assisting pharmacists during a missionary work trip... but i have yet to work as a tech here in the us. Honestly, I am relying heavily on the fact that I suffered a life changing injury towards the end of my freshman year. My gpa would def be over a 3.0 if it wasnt for that but idk if they will still invite me for an interview since my gpa is way below the 3.0 cutoff... im confident but a lil worried at the same time tbh
That's not so bad...and the life event will definitely count toward their decision. They may ask you directly what happened, so be prepared to give a brief description of the issue and how you plan to overcome any challenges posed by it. They may also ask what you learned from it and how you will handle something like that if it occurred during the program. Your volunteering is great and they'll love that. You're not out just based on the grades - unless the applicant pool is averaging way over that. Wish I could be more definitive for you. Good luck!!

That's not so bad...and the life event will definitely count toward their decision. They may ask you directly what happened, so be prepared to give a brief description of the issue and how you plan to overcome any challenges posed by it. They may also ask what you learned from it and how you will handle something like that if it occurred during the program. Your volunteering is great and they'll love that. You're not out just based on the grades - unless the applicant pool is averaging way over that. Wish I could be more definitive for you. Good luck!!

Thanks! I heard the avg gpa of accepted students is a 3.3 and i go to mcp boston so the admission counselors have told me theres a 3.0 cutoff to guarantee an interview. So basically since im under it i have a very small window, I just hope they dont reject my application right away bc of my gpa... the lowest i have personally heard who got in was a 3.2 and on this forum i found a 2.7 which is the min gpa but the dude had twelve years of pharmacy experience and a few degrees... haha i cant compete with that!

Thanks! I heard the avg gpa of accepted students is a 3.3 and i go to mcp boston so the admission counselors have told me theres a 3.0 cutoff to guarantee an interview. So basically since im under it i have a very small window, I just hope they dont reject my application right away bc of my gpa... the lowest i have personally heard who got in was a 3.2 and on this forum i found a 2.7 which is the min gpa but the dude had twelve years of pharmacy experience and a few degrees... haha i cant compete with that!
The average GPA is probably about right, but remember its an average. That means some higher, some lower. Have confidence in yourself and the school will too! They recognize that life happens and a lower GPA from undergrad isn't always indicative of what you can do now. It isn't over until you get a rejection letter. Hang in there!

does this school require supplementary app?? I cannot find it anywhere

Anyone applied in August receives the interview letter?

No supplementary app required

Last edited:
Does anyone know what we should expect in the interview, such as the procedure, structure, or what kind of questions they will ask?

First off congratulations! Do you mind sharing the stats that got u this interview invite? And I would call after their lunch break just because from personal experience thats when they've always picked up. So 1-2 pm

Thanks! :) They calculated my GPA as 3.2 cumulative. I have a couple volunteer positions, couple clubs, board position, and did research. I called at 5:30am because I live in PST time. :scared:

Last edited:
I just received a letter from MCPHS today. It said that they need "additional grade" before going on and my application is 'ON HOLD". Actually, I still miss 7 classes among which are Microbiology, Physics, Organic chemistry 2. At the end of this fall, I will have grades for them. The other 4 are Sociology, Economics, Social science elective, Behavioral science I will fulfil in the next Spring.
I have 2 questions:
Do I still have hopes? My GPA is 3.910 total, science and math 4.0
I have 2 class Government 1 and 2. Why are they not accepted? I am from Texas.
Thank you.

I just received a letter from MCPHS today. It said that they need "additional grade" before going on and my application is 'ON HOLD". Actually, I still miss 7 classes among which are Microbiology, Physics, Organic chemistry 2. At the end of this fall, I will have grades for them. The other 4 are Sociology, Economics, Social science elective, Behavioral science I will fulfil in the next Spring.
I have 2 questions:
Thank you.

Mcphs is very strict when it comes to transfer credits... ur government 1 n 2 classes don't meet the quota for any electives required. (Beh,ssc, or humanities) and if ur on hold does that mean ur waitlisted? U didnt get an interview invite but u didnt get rejected either right?

the letter just say " Your application is on hold until we receive additional grade". No rejection. And can you tell me what classes is Behavioral class to match their requirement?

the letter just say " Your application is on hold until we receive additional grade". No rejection. And can you tell me what classes is Behavioral class to match their requirement?

Behavioral is any psychology class... sociology works too. Lemme know if u have any other questions about that. Im currently going to school at the boston campus for mcphs so i can point u in the right direction... i wouldn't worry about the prereqs bc u can take most of them in the summer. As long as u get them done by then ur golden... my only concern is they didnt send u an interview invite so what did they say when u asked them for the following step?

I just received this evening. I will call them tomorrow. I have 67 credits now, but many of them are not accepted. Btw, I took Calculus 1 already, but in the prequisite list they send me back does not have it, so still ask me to study it. I will confirm with them tomorrow. The prequisite somehow confuse me, because, I already took psychology and it is counted, I am taking philosophy this fall, can u let me know if it is Social science or sociology. Do you know if anyone receive similar letter?

Does anyone know what we should expect in the interview, such as the procedure, structure, or what kind of questions they will ask?

Thanks! :) They calculated my GPA as 3.2 cumulative. I have a couple volunteer positions, couple clubs, board position, and did research. I called at 5:30am because I live in PST time. :scared:

When is your interview day?

I have 2 questions:
Thank you.

It's not bad at all as long as it is not a rejection letter. You should just be patient. I know many people who got the same letter and got accepted. Just focus and do well on the other 7 courses, I'm sure you will be fine. Let us know what they say if you are going to call them tomorrow. Good luck!

Behavioral Science Elective: A 3 credit upper level psychology or sociology course. Example titles: Human Growth and Development, Personality Psychology, Health Psychology, Sociology of Medicine, Abnormal Psychology, Personality Psychology, Gender Sociology, Human Sexuality, Family Sociology, and Child Psychology.

Philosophy is considered a humanities elective. Social sciences are the trickiest. I woud suggest googling cross registration college of the fenway and look at all the courses MCPHS offers. Usually music history or some culture classes fall into the ssc category.

Hey guys do u have updates on those interviews or has anyone else received interview invites?

Hey guys do u have updates on those interviews or has anyone else received interview invites?
Hello!

I received an interview invitation by mail - I submitted August 29, 2013 PharmCas and received snail mail on 09/12/2013, so I think it takes about 3 weeks or so for turnaround (maybe longer now...)

Hope you hear soon! :)

Congratulation! When is your interview day?
Thank you!! :)

I scheduled mine on 10/30/2013, since that was the cheaper flight by... over $200 (coming from CA). Very surprised at how flexible they are - my friend is a P1 and says their interview is very chill!

When is yours? :D

Hello!

I received an interview invitation by mail - I submitted August 29, 2013 PharmCas and received snail mail on 09/12/2013, so I think it takes about 3 weeks or so for turnaround (maybe longer now...)

Hope you hear soon! :)

Congratulations! Can u please share ur stats that got u the interview invite please? Just to encourage those still waiting :)

Congratulations! Can u please share ur stats that got u the interview invite please? Just to encourage those still waiting :)
Sure! :)

For the school, I had a pre-req GPA of ~3.46 or so - I couldn't find the mail they sent me anymore. But overall, PharmCas calculated my GPA as 3.22 overall, 3.06 science, and 3.40 non-science. I had 206 credit hours.

I graduated with a B.A double-major from my undergrad in Political Econ and MCB. I don't know if MCPHS took account my PCAT or not, but I got a 93 composite (90+ in sciences, 68 in Verbal, 58 in RC ._.).

It took a while to hear anything! And MCPHS doesn't seem to really like e-mailing...

Hope you guys hear soon!! :D

For the school, I had a pre-req GPA of ~3.46 or so - I couldn't find the mail they sent me anymore. But overall, PharmCas calculated my GPA as 3.22 overall, 3.06 science, and 3.40 non-science. I had 206 credit hours.

I graduated with a B.A double-major from my undergrad in Political Econ and MCB. I don't know if MCPHS took account my PCAT or not, but I got a 93 composite (90+ in sciences, 68 in Verbal, 58 in RC ._.).

It took a while to hear anything! And MCPHS doesn't seem to really like e-mailing...

That is impressive! Congrats again and thank u for sharing. Did u get in elsewhere or is this ur top choice?

Any idea why PharmCas calculated a lower score than ur actual gpa? Did u have resits?

PharmCas accounts for all grades, even the retakes.
Haha I actually did not retake any courses. MCPHS just calculated the prerequisites they required, as listed on PharmCas, whereas PharmCas calculates all credit hours to give you an overall GPA... which for me happened to be quite lower than my pre-reqs :c

Haha I actually did not retake any courses. MCPHS just calculated the prerequisites they required, as listed on PharmCas, whereas PharmCas calculates all credit hours to give you an overall GPA... which for me happened to be quite lower than my pre-reqs :c

Let us know how ur interview goes :)

Did anyone have the interview yet? If yes, please let us know how was it. Thanks! Good luck to everyone!

Hey guys what are the interview date options? Just got my interview invite and before I call in, I just want to know the dates available so I can pick one and let them know right away :)

Thanks y'all!

When I got the email, it was pretty much any day oct-dec, m-f! With an additional saturday choice of 11.23.2013!

Awesome! Thanks so much :) Goodluck on your interview!