MCPHS WORCESTER PharmD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
there is no supplemental application, correct? just wanted to make sure :) thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lemme know how ur interview goes pharm dream! Good luck friday!!!!

The interview was ok I think. I just did my best and hope for the best. Now I'm waiting for their decision. I was nervous at the beginning but then it then it get better. They are really really nice. They make you feel really comfortable. My advise is be yourself and you will be fine. They just want to know more about you in person. Good luck to everyone!

The interview was ok I think. I just did my best and hope for the best. Now I'm waiting for their decision. I was nervous at the beginning but then it then it get better. They are really really nice. They make you feel really comfortable. My advise is be yourself and you will be fine. They just want to know more about you in person. Good luck to everyone!

What type of questions did they ask you?

How long is the interview? I heard their was a short essay to write first then the interview rhen they give u a quick tour of the school. How was the entire process? Were there any questions that u had difficulties with?

How long is the interview? I heard their was a short essay to write first then the interview rhen they give u a quick tour of the school. How was the entire process? Were there any questions that u had difficulties with?

Yup.. short essay, 30 mins interview, then a tour. No difficulties question. I'm not really sure how i did. I'm kidda worry now :(

Yup.. short essay, 30 mins interview, then a tour. No difficulties question. I'm not really sure how i did. I'm kidda worry now :(

Was it easy to find the interview place? I didn't get the email with information on my interview, just something in the mail saying the day of my interview. Do we have to bring anything?

Was it easy to find the interview place? I didn't get the email with information on my interview, just something in the mail saying the day of my interview. Do we have to bring anything?
There should be address of admission office in the mail. You don't have to bring anything!

Hey guys, I was wondering MCPHS has multiple campuses. Can you apply to both the Boston and the Worcester one? Or does your application counts for both campuses?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Edit: Nevermind, got the answer I need :)

Hello,
I have received an interview invitation in the mail today along with a prerequisite worksheet. On the worksheet, it says I still need microbiology. Do I have to take micro if I got accepted ( even though I have a BS and I have taken tons of upper level bio and chm courses) ??
Also PharmCAS counted one of my Biochemistry coursers as Microbiology. Should I call MCPHS and let them know?
Has anyone been in a similar situation?
feedback please....

Members don't see this ad :)
If micro is a prereq you have to take it even though you have a 4yr degree. You should contact them aboit course equivalencies.

Did anyone get accepted yet? I'm so nervous now since I read on the forum from last year, people got accepted 2 or 3 days after the interview. Mine was last week and I haven't hear anything yet. :-(

Did anyone get accepted yet? I'm so nervous now since I read on the forum from last year, people got accepted 2 or 3 days after the interview. Mine was last week and I haven't hear anything yet. :-(
When is the starting date for on-campus interview? Oct.1? Mine is next Wednesday, so nervous right now, specially for essay part. PharmDream309, would you please share your interview experience?

I think that was for later interviews, like January on or something. They snail-mail out your acceptances so it might take a little while :) Don't worry, I'm sure you did fine

i have done 2 years university anyone know how much the application costs to apply for pharmacy? thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
I think that was for later interviews, like January on or something. They snail-mail out your acceptances so it might take a little while :) Don't worry, I'm sure you did fine

I saw some people had the interview early and got the acceptance 1 day after....I leave next to school, so I expect it to come a little early... maybe they dont really want me....praying!

I saw some people had the interview early and got the acceptance 1 day after....I leave next to school, so I expect it to come a little early... maybe they dont really want me....praying!
Don't worry. I read your posts from last year. I think you were well prepared for the interview. Just wait and pray

I got the acceptance letter in mail today! :)
I had my interview on Oct 4th, the mail date was Oct 7th. They response really fast!
My interviewer was really nice. They asked me tell me about yourself, why pharmacy, why the school. They want to know that you are ready for the program so make sure to let them know. Don't stress too much about the interview. Practice!
Good luck to everyone who has interview coming up!

I had my interview on Oct 4th, the mail date was Oct 7th. They response really fast!
My interviewer was really nice. They asked me tell me about yourself, why pharmacy, why the school. They want to know that you are ready for the program so make sure to let them know. Don't stress too much about the interview. Practice!

Congratulations! my interview was on Oct 4th and it was good too, but didnt get any mail yet.

Congratulations! :thumbup:
Do you know the deposit amount to reserve your seat for the school?

I just had my interview today. It was a lot quicker than I thought it was going to be. When it was over, in my head I was like..."uhhh so that's it?" lol

I believe the deposit amount is $750 and you have a month to do that. I interviewed on Oct. 4th and I know the mail is going to take longer for me because I live in CA! Nervous :laugh:

I live in CA too and I got the mail today. You will probably get yours soon! :)

waiting is so painful. My interview was last week too but I didnt receive anything yet even though I live in Mass... maybe they dont want me. I think if they want you, they send out the decision really fast. I lose hope :(

i have done 2 years university anyone know how much the application costs to apply for pharmacy? thanks!

I just received my interview invitation yesterday in the mail! I am extremely excited the campus looks great! Congrats on everyone accepted so far

Accepted woot woot! The interview was super chill...I came in super nervous and came out feeling confident lol...Good luck everyone!

Has anybody interviewed at both here and Midwestern- Glendale?

I am trying to see how the campuses/city feel differs in comparison of the two, to see if it is worth it (financially) to fly out to MCPHS - Worcester.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

... and congrats to all those that have been accepted :) :thumbup::love:

Anybody know if the deposit is refundable? I am assuming it's not, but I just want to make sure. Is $750 worth it to reserve a seat?

Anybody know if the deposit is refundable? I am assuming it's not, but I just want to make sure. Is $750 worth it to reserve a seat?
Accepted already? when was your interview? the $750 worth it I guess :)

I got my packet, it said $750 (nonrefundable) to save a seat and an additional $250 if you want to deposit for campus housing. My friend graduated from that school and she recommended to live on campus for the first year.

For those who have been accepted or have received an interview invite. Would you mind sharing your stats? Thank you! and Congrats to you guys! :thumbup:

Here is my stats, I hope it helps

Cumm.GPA 3.82
Prerequisite GPA 4.00 (three more left)
3 months pharmacy technician volunteer
Science Tutor
3 excellent good LOR'S
B.S in Biology
One year of Honors research
no PCAT

Good luck all!

Here is my stats, I hope it helps

Cumm.GPA 3.82
Prerequisite GPA 4.00 (three more left)
3 months pharmacy technician volunteer
Science Tutor
3 excellent good LOR'S
B.S in Biology
One year of Honors research
no PCAT

Good luck all!

Wow your stats are impressive!!!
To make other students feel better, I got accepted with:
B.S. in Kinesiology
Cumm GPA-3.55
Science GPA-3.31
Math-4.0
Pharmacy Technician for about 6 months

Hey guys looking to seek some clarification about the school. On my PharmCas I selected MCPHS-Boston. Does the Boston branch have a pharmacy school as well? I already finished undergrad and have a degree so 0-6 is not a option for me, is the Worcester branch the only one with the 3 year program? Does applying to the Boston branch mean you apply to the school in general? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys looking to seek some clarification about the school. On my PharmCas I selected MCPHS-Boston. Does the Boston branch have a pharmacy school as well? I already finished undergrad and have a degree so 0-6 is not a option for me, is the Worcester branch the only one with the 3 year program? Does applying to the Boston branch mean you apply to the school in general? Thanks in advance.

No for boston n worc the options r different

I believe both schools are different and you are only allowed to apply to one of their campuses only. But i know MCPHS-Boston, accepts a less amount of students compared to the Worcester branch.

Mailed apps on 8/23/13
invitation for interview 9/17/13
interviewed 9/30/13
Accepted 10/1/13 ...received mail 10/7/13

NO Degree
3years of undergraduate
7 months pharmacy volunteer
Science GPA 3.6
Pre-Pharm GPA 3.49
Overall 3.3