MCPHS WORCESTER PharmD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! Like kjbeat has mentioned, you still have time to apply. The school deadline is Feb. 3rd.

I also applied late for Fall 2014, so let's see what is going to happen.

Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

They put me on the waiting list without interview! Got an email today again saying that the monitor their registration and then contact me if they going to offer me an admission..

Who else is in waiting list without interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys i know i'm SUPER late to the party but i'm looking into applying to this school and i was wondering about the differences between worcester and manchester since we can only choose one campus. is one easier to get into than the other? thanks in advance!

Hey everyone! I'm a current P1 student at MCPHS-Worcester, just finishing up my first semester. If you guys have any questions about what to expect from the program or about prepping for interviews or anything, just let me know!

Hey,
I have an interview next week ! So excited but at the same time nervous..
Can you please explain what MCPHS program focuses most on? What do they emphasize? (ex like public health, or etc)
Also I am super nervous about the writing sample that will be given on the interview day. Can you give me some examples of possible topics so I can at least have an idea what to write..?

Hey,
Can you please explain what MCPHS program focuses most on? What do they emphasize? (ex like public health, or etc)
Also I am super nervous about the writing sample that will be given on the interview day. Can you give me some examples of possible topics so I can at least have an idea what to write..?
when is your interview, mine is on Jan 21st,

Hey,
when is your interview, mine is on Jan 21st,

Good luck on your interview!
How long did it take to hear from mcphs worcester after pharmcas submitted your application? Pharmcas submitted my application to the school on Monday, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Starting to get nervous! :(

about 2 weeks. I submitted on 12/31 and received their interview invitation in mail on 1/15.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what topics to expect for writing sample on interview day? Please share...!!

on 22nd. Do you mind sharing your stat?
3.3 overall
3.2 science
B.S. in Pharmacology
a lot of work experience plus few month retail pharmacy experience

Members don't see this ad :)
3.3 overall
3.2 science
B.S. in Pharmacology
a lot of work experience plus few month retail pharmacy experience

Thanks! I also have similar stat. Overall 3.4 Science 3.1 and B.S. in Art history
Have an exp of running own business and currently working at CVS as certified tech (for 6months) and about 200hrs hospital pharmacy volunteer exp. and some other extracurricular stuffs

The interview isn't bad. They just want to emphasize how rigorous their program is and make sure you're up for it.

Hello all! I just submitted my application through PharmCAS; I know I'm late to the game haha! Looks like I have about two to three weeks before I hear anything based on all of the previous posts.

does upcoming class have a fb page yet?

I did interview on the 17th of January & got acceptance letter on the 24th ,,, it's super fast at MCPHS .

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

I got acceptance letter from MCPHS which is pretty fast . I did interview the 17th of Jan & got the acceptance letter on the 24th of Jan . I have BSC in biology & my GPA is 3:8 , no pharmacy related experience .

Sent from sami iPad using SDN Mobile

I got acceptance letter from MCPHS which is pretty fast . I did interview the 17th of Jan & got the acceptance letter on the 24th of Jan . I have BSC in biology & my GPA is 3:8 , no pharmacy related experience .

Congrats!

When did you get your letter ? Do you live in Massachusetts ? I had my interview on same day but still waiting for my letter !

When did you get your letter ? Do you live in Massachusetts ? I had my interview on same day but still waiting for my letter !

I got my acceptance letter at 24th of January . I live in Washington DC . You will be ok ,, any way good luck

I had my interview on Jan 21st and got my acceptance on Jan 26th in California, wow pretty fast :soexcited:

Do they only send acceptance letter or they also send letter of rejection after interview ? Has anyone got letter of rejection after interview ?

Hi guys, I just joined. I applied to this school. Really hope I get in. I submitted my pharmcas on 01/15. Pharmcas mailed my application on 1/21. Still waiting to hear back from them. My stats are:
Overall gpa: 3.0
Science and math: 3.14
Bs degree in Respiratory care.
Over 200 clinical hours
No pharmacy experience.
No pcat.
What are my chances of getting an interview.
Also does mcphs calculate pre reqs gpa or do they go by pharmcas gpa?

Can anyone tell me what days they will conduct the interviews in coming future??? I am from CA and I am waiting to hear from some schools. I'm kinda in a financial situation right now so I have to consider what day works best for me and spend $400+ to get there. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me what days they will conduct the interviews in coming future??? I am from CA and I am waiting to hear from some schools. I'm kinda in a financial situation right now so I have to consider what day works best for me and spend $400+ to get there. Thanks.

They basically conduct interviews everyday with some exceptions on Saturday I believe. They are pretty flexible.

How long does it usually take to hear from them once you submit your application through PharmCAS? I'm starting to get anxious :)

How long does it usually take to hear from them once you submit your application through PharmCAS? I'm starting to get anxious :)

It takes about 2 weeks. Pharmcas submitted my application on Jan 13th and I got an interview letter on Jan 24th. You will hear from them soon!

I had my interview on Jan 21st and got my acceptance on Jan 26th in California, wow pretty fast :soexcited:
Congrats! Wow... pretty fast! And you are the only person I know who receives mail on a Sunday, maybe you meant Jan 29th. :)

Congrats! Wow... pretty fast! And you are the only person I know who receives mail on a Sunday, maybe you meant Jan 29th. :)
no it was jan 27th I had flight to Touro NY at that day

I'm so excited! I received an interview invite :) woot woot!

It takes about 2 weeks. Pharmcas submitted my application on Jan 13th and I got an interview letter on Jan 24th. You will hear from them soon!
Thanks! I had to call to make sure they sent info to the right house, since I recently moved. Of course they had the wrong address, but I was told I have an interview invite. Yay!

I gave up my seat yesterday, prefer to stay in California, good luck everybody.

hey I got accepted!! I am going to go to this school because of the 3 year accelerated program, yes!!

i got accepted but i am so nervous from all the negative reviews i read online

[quote="lummy077, post: 14902261, member: 5976don't]i got accepted but i am so nervous from all the negative reviews i read online[/quote]
I hear you! Have you talked to some of the P1s? They say the program is intense, but doable. I'm also thinking about giving up my seat, but I have other concerns. I am an older student (29), married, and not eligible for fafsa because of my hubby's w2. Not sure if I am able to "give up" my life to handle the intensity of the program. I believe Creighton or lecom's distance pathway better fits my lifestyle.
Good luck on your decision, and talk to some p1s on this thread, they are very helpful! :)

[quote="lummy077, post: 14902261, member: 5976don't]i got accepted but i am so nervous from all the negative reviews i read online
I hear you! Have you talked to some of the P1s? They say the program is intense, but doable. I'm also thinking about giving up my seat, but I have other concerns. I am an older student (29), married, and not eligible for fafsa because of my hubby's w2. Not sure if I am able to "give up" my life to handle the intensity of the program. I believe Creighton or lecom's distance pathway better fits my lifestyle.
Good luck on your decision, and talk to some p1s on this thread, they are very helpful! :)[/quote]
I hear ya, about giving up your life for the intensity of the program. I'm in the same situation as you. I'm an older student 26, married, have a son.... I know this is what I want, but when I have my interview soon I'll see if this school is what fits me. I've applied to Creighton and am an alternate, but I really like their program. I'm hoping MCPHS blows me out of the water :)

Good luck on your decision, and talk to some p1s on this thread, they are very helpful! :)
How cool! So, we are pretty much inthe same situation. I also have two little ones. :)
Anyways, I heard Creighton has a great program, I hope you get in! I just found out about them on Monday, and am a bit late to apply for this season. Is the alternate list a waiting list?
Mcphs is a great school as well. People there are extremely nice and the buildings are brand new. The impression I got was, if you study hard and only study, you will pass your classes. My love for pharmacy goes far back and I am sure I can handle mcphs workload, not sure though if I can give up 34 months of quality time with my family because the intensity of their program. I am sure you will get in to mcphs as well and good luck on choosing the program that better fits your lifestyle.

i am single with no children, but i can can understand both your dilemmas... this would be the most convenient school for me because it is in my state, but i have not heard many good things.... can any of the current students tell us a bit about their experience so far???

They put me on the waiting list without interview! Got an email today again saying that the monitor their registration and then contact me if they going to offer me an admission..

I am in the same situation as urs, I submitted my pharmcas on Jan 7, when did u submit ur pharmcas ?

Does anyone know if there is a chance for waiting list candidates?

How cool! So, we are pretty much inthe same situation. I also have two little ones. :)
Anyways, I heard Creighton has a great program, I hope you get in! I just found out about them on Monday, and am a bit late to apply for this season. Is the alternate list a waiting list?
Mcphs is a great school as well. People there are extremely nice and the buildings are brand new. The impression I got was, if you study hard and only study, you will pass your classes. My love for pharmacy goes far back and I am sure I can handle mcphs workload, not sure though if I can give up 34 months of quality time with my family because the intensity of their program. I am sure you will get in to mcphs as well and good luck on choosing the program that better fits your lifestyle.
Yes the alternate list is a waiting list. I decided to not go through with the interview at MCPHS, I really like the program but i would have to complete three more pre-reqs to even start this fall. I am not willing to complete any more classes. I have two degrees and seven years of college courses. Good luck to everyone!!

Hi, I am currently a P1 at MCPHS Worcester and from my experience so far, I'd say the school is doable. The first semester was a bit rough but if you but a lot of time and dedication to each of the class than you should be fine. The second semester so far is much "easier" than the first semester and from I heard from P2's and P3's, the first semester is usually one of the hardest semester (Spring of P2 year is the second hardest). For the first semester, you will have about 20 exams throughout the semester and about 6 finals in 5 days. Make sure not to be behind in any subject because you REALLY do not want to be behind in this school. Each subject has their lectures recorded but that doesn't mean you can skip and watch the videos because they have clickers that counts for overall participation grade. Let me know if you guys have any other questions.

Hi, I am currently a P1 at MCPHS Worcester and from my experience so far, I'd say the school is doable. The first semester was a bit rough but if you but a lot of time and dedication to each of the class than you should be fine. The second semester so far is much "easier" than the first semester and from I heard from P2's and P3's, the first semester is usually one of the hardest semester (Spring of P2 year is the second hardest). For the first semester, you will have about 20 exams throughout the semester and about 6 finals in 5 days. Make sure not to be behind in any subject because you REALLY do not want to be behind in this school. Each subject has their lectures recorded but that doesn't mean you can skip and watch the videos because they have clickers that counts for overall participation grade. Let me know if you guys have any other questions.
Thanks Rx9467! If you don't mind, I will pm you with a few questions!