MCPHS WORCESTER PharmD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was interviewed on 11/1 got the letter 11/12.
Those of you guys who is sure of attending MCPHS-Worcester, what helped you decide on this school? I can't seem to make up my mind =(
When was the letter sent?? I can't wait til I get mineeee. People choose to go to mcphs probably because its accelerated program. You get out a year early and can save year worth of tuition..

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, PharmCas mailed my application to this school since 10/23 and I haven't heard back from them till date- not even an acknowledgement that they received my application. It's been 3 weeks now and I don't know if this is usual or if I should call them?

Hey guys, PharmCas mailed my application to this school since 10/23 and I haven't heard back from them till date- not even an acknowledgement that they received my application. It's been 3 weeks now and I don't know if this is usual or if I should call them?
it took about 2 weeks for me but i think they r just being slow these days.. give them one more week u will probably get it by next week..

Members don't see this ad :)

It took about three weeks for me. You can try and give them a call. Kate is really nice!

It took about three weeks for me. You can try and give them a call. Kate is really nice!
did u get accepted yet? if u did how long did it take for u to get the decision letter after interview?

did u get accepted yet? if u did how long did it take for u to get the decision letter after interview?

Nope, I just scheduled the interview, but it should take from 1 to 2 weeks after the interview to hear back from them based on what others have said.

Hey Jalvader,

Just some general questions: how much do you study per day/per week? How is the social scene in Worcester? What do you do for fun outside campus? Is the curriculum so rigorous that you barely get time for social life?

Hey, I apologize for the delayed response. To be honest, it very much depends on the person. We have 2-3 exams most weeks, and not much time to go out really. But there are still some weeks that we have 1 exam, which leaves a lot of time for procrastination lol. But overall, this is a 3-year ACCELERATED program and they really mean it. I worked pretty hard in my undergrad, but it is nothing compared to what they make us go through here. Having said that, I pretty much go out every weekend, but I manage to keep my grades up too! Again, depends entirely on the individual. Our class profile this year is very competitive, so a lot of people manage to have a little bit of fun too. I highly recommend this school if you want to challenge yourself and really learn A LOT in a short amount of time.

I was interviewed on 11/1 got the letter 11/12.
Those of you guys who is sure of attending MCPHS-Worcester, what helped you decide on this school? I can't seem to make up my mind =(

As a current student, I can tell you that this program is definitely not for everyone. But, if you are willing to commit to their rigorous curriculum you will do great guaranteed. Also, it is a very established school. They have a fantastic team of professors and faculty and they really give you the tools to succeed, but it depends on you whether you choose to succeed or not. Also, they just had a job fair at the school and pretty much every 3rd-yr student that I knew received multiple job offers on spot! Again, I highly recommend the program if you have been exposed to a rigorous science curriculum already. Otherwise, it will be one hell of a ride! I majored in Biochemistry at UC Davis, and from what I know majority of people in our class were science majors in undergrad.

Just call and ask. It seems like most schools will give a 2 week extension
I called, left a voicemail, and e-mailed. I haven't gotten a response in days. It's really hard for me to contact anyone in this school for some reason.

I called, left a voicemail, and e-mailed. I haven't gotten a response in days. It's really hard for me to contact anyone in this school for some reason.

Has anyone who interviewed on Nov 8 or later heard back post interview from MCPHS? Thanks

i was interviewed on nov 4th and still no response... it probably will take few more days... :(

I called 8:30 local time. I live next to school, so I got the mail in 1 day after they sent out :) they told me they will start interviewing on Oct 1st. Just want to let you know so you can plan your day before calling them . Good luck!
Do they email or mail ppl for an interview ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, anyone interviewed yet? If so how was it and what kind of questions did they ask?

How was the interview process and what type of questions did they ask?
the interview was actually very easy. u will either do interview first or the essay. u get to choose the prompt out of like 3 or 5 i forgot and all of them r easy. i did mine about positive/negative influence of healthcare professional. interview was basically about yourself, why mcphs why pharmacy .. nothing hard and very conversational. prepare lots of questions. then u will take a tour and meet w a counselor. then u r done in like 2 hrs :)

I found today that I was waitlisted. I have 3.75 pre pharm Gpa with some volunteer hours from local hospitals. What are my chances of getting an interview?

I found today that I was waitlisted. I have 3.75 pre pharm Gpa with some volunteer hours from local hospitals. What are my chances of getting an interview?
they put u on the waiting list before the intervieww?? thats weird..

the interview was actually very easy. u will either do interview first or the essay. u get to choose the prompt out of like 3 or 5 i forgot and all of them r easy. i did mine about positive/negative influence of healthcare professional. interview was basically about yourself, why mcphs why pharmacy .. nothing hard and very conversational. prepare lots of questions. then u will take a tour and meet w a counselor. then u r done in like 2 hrs :)
So did the whole process take about two hours? I am looking for a flight out there and wanted to know what time I should schedule my plane to fly back. Do you think it will be fine to schedule a 3pm flight out of boston? What time were you done with everything?

So did the whole process take about two hours? I am looking for a flight out there and wanted to know what time I should schedule my plane to fly back. Do you think it will be fine to schedule a 3pm flight out of boston? What time were you done with everything?
you might have to wait a little when u get there before ur interview. including the waiting time you will be out in 2hr 30min. so dont make ur schedule too tight.

my stat. 3.3 overall gpa 3.4 science gpa 2 yrsof retail pharmacy experience with tech license

Thanks for sharing damagedx29.

How long after your e-submission date were you all granted interviews? Was anyone granted an interview before their application was officially mailed?

Thanks for sharing damagedx29.

How long after your e-submission date were you all granted interviews? Was anyone granted an interview before their application was officially mailed?
My app was mailed over 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything from MCPHS.

For the students that mailed in their deposit, did the school withdraw money from your bank? I received an email a long time ago that they got my deposit, but the money is still in my bank.

First off congratulations! Do you mind sharing the stats that got u this interview invite? And I would call after their lunch break just because from personal experience thats when they've always picked up. So 1-2 pm
I called 8:30 local time. I live next to school, so I got the mail in 1 day after they sent out :) they told me they will start interviewing on Oct 1st. Just want to let you know so you can plan your day before calling them . Good luck!

So they just mail out the letter for an invitation? I'm confused is it mailing or email?

you might have to wait a little when u get there before ur interview. including the waiting time you will be out in 2hr 30min. so dont make ur schedule too tight.

my stat. 3.3 overall gpa 3.4 science gpa 2 yrsof retail pharmacy experience with tech license

Hey .. just wanted to let you know that my fiance heard back from MCPHS today as well!!!! The acceptance letter was dated Nov 20th and we are located about 350 miles away from MCPHS Worcester.

Good luck .. hope you get some good news as well :)

Hey .. just wanted to let you know that my fiance heard back from MCPHS today as well!!!! The acceptance letter was dated Nov 20th and we are located about 350 miles away from MCPHS Worcester.

Good luck .. hope you get some good news as well :)
wow congratz!!! i checked my mail today but nope :( im in cali so ill be waiting for trmws mail!! hope i get the same letter!

wow congratz!!! i checked my mail today but nope :( im in cali so ill be waiting for trmws mail!! hope i get the same letter!

Congrats .. Me I'm waiting on interview letter .. I submitted it since 11/9 n haven't heard anything from them...... I wanna knw if they mail or email interview letter

Congrats .. Me I'm waiting on interview letter .. I submitted it since 11/9 n haven't heard anything from them...... I wanna knw if they mail or email interview letter
i got it by mail but it looks like some ppl got it through email.

Reactions: 1 user
You get both mail and email. I've got an email saying I got an interview invitation and I got a mail with all my pre-req calculated with invitation

Just withdrew my application ; one more
Seat out there for u folks :)

Congrats to those who received and interview invite and got accepted! :) How was the whole interview experience like? What kind of questions did they ask, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks in advance! and congrats again!!!

What days do they interview on? I know some schools only interview on Fridays. I received a letter in the mail today about the interview and to call and schedule one. I called and left a voicemail but haven't heard back yet. Just wondering what available dates they would have

What days do they interview on? I know some schools only interview on Fridays. I received a letter in the mail today about the interview and to call and schedule one. I called and left a voicemail but haven't heard back yet. Just wondering what available dates they would have

They are pretty flexible and you can choose basically any day, with some exceptions for Saturdays. I suggest call around the morning time.

Hi everyone!
I just got accepted!!

*I applied 10/16
*PharmCAS verified and sent my application 10/23
*I was mailed an interview invite ~11/13
*Interviewed 11/19
*Accepted today (USPS).

For anyone who needs directions from Logan airport:
From the airport go downstairs and ask for the silver line. This is a free bus ride that will take you to south station. From south station you can purchase a $10 ticket to Worcester. This will be the last stop. The school is about 1/2 to 1 mile away (~8 minute walk) from the train station.

Hopefully this helps somebody!!! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I just got accepted!!

*I applied 10/16
*PharmCAS verified and sent my application 10/23
*I was mailed an interview invite ~11/13
*Interviewed 11/19
*Accepted today (USPS).

For anyone who needs directions from Logan airport:
From the airport go downstairs and ask for the silver line. This is a free bus ride that will take you to south station. From south station you can purchase a $10 ticket to Worcester. This will be the last stop. The school is about 1/2 to 1 mile away (~8 minute walk) from the train station.

Hopefully this helps somebody!!! Good luck to everyone!

Congrats Iridium!!! Those directions are really helpful, If I get an interview I'll follow them to a T while taking the T LOL! Those from boston will catch my drift. Do you mind sharing your stats and experience?