Mcphs-worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im a happy person today!
my interview invitation letter is right here in my hands
currently calling to find out what dates are open for interview...

good luck everyone!

im a happy person today!
my interview invitation letter is right here in my hands
currently calling to find out what dates are open for interview...

good luck everyone!
hey did u get any email/mail from them before interview invitation?
Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I had interview last week but did not hear anything yet...does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from them.?

My letter was post marked two days after my interview but I received it exactly a week after. I'm sure your letter will come soon. Good luck! :)

I had interview last week but did not hear anything yet...does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from them.?

I've heard anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks, I got mine exactly a week later. Don't forget it's snail mail and keep your head up!!

I've heard anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks, I got mine exactly a week later. Don't forget it's snail mail and keep your head up!!

I hope I will hear a good news, I haven't heard anyone that did not get in after the interview... MCPHS is the school that I really want to go....

:D WOOHOO!

i had my interview tuesday morning/afternoon and got my acceptance package today in the mail!!! it was written yesterday, and i live about 1.5 hours from worcester, so i'm assuming that's why i got mine so fast.

good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting. and to those of you waiting for your interview...go into it relaxed and confident. everyone at the school is incredibly nice, there's nothing to worry about.

Congrats Wilson21!! See you on the flat screen from Manchester

i called them and was told that i need to send my canadian high school transcript to one of the agencies who evaluate international course work!!:eek:
Has anybody done this before?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i called them and was told that i need to send my canadian high school transcript to one of the agencies who evaluate international course work!!:eek:
Has anybody done this before?

Yes you need to do that, i have done it my self , go to the internet and type in CED , and you have to send them all your trancripts, i am from north Africa and did not study in USA, i am a little nervous about the interview, it is an amazing school, my uncle and aunt studied in MCPHS Boston, and now they're very succesful pharmacist, anyone knows if there is any advantage if family memebers have attendted the university?
Thanks, good luck to everyone!:)

Yes you need to do that, i have done it my self , go to the internet and type in CED , and you have to send them all your trancripts, i am from north Africa and did not study in USA, i am a little nervous about the interview, it is an amazing school, my uncle and aunt studied in MCPHS Boston, and now they're very succesful pharmacist, anyone knows if there is any advantage if family memebers have attendted the university?
Thanks, good luck to everyone!:)

how long does it take for them to evaluate and send it to the school after i send my transcript? I have only high school work outside USA, still i have to do this?

how long does it take for them to evaluate and send it to the school after i send my transcript? I have only high school work outside USA, still i have to do this?

oh really? why do they need your "high school" transcript? The only time I mentioned which & where I attended high school was on PharmCAS...I can't really see why they're asking for that, since you've done (I'm assuming) a majority of your pre-requisites for pharmacy school.

Well you are considered an international student, since the grading system is different in high school outside of USA you have to get your HS transcripts evaluated, that's what i have done, i sent mine from the school from north africa right into the evaluation CED then they send it to them. It takes about a week or so it depends on when you send it, and i believe it is around 150$
so do it as soon as you can because they actually require it. I dont know if you are American or not, but it is an advantage to be a minority, so do it and they will consider it in your application.
A question: is it an advatage usually to have family memebers who have attended MCPHS before?
thx good luck :)

Well you are considered an international student, since the grading system is different in high school outside of USA you have to get your HS transcripts evaluated, that's what i have done, i sent mine from the school from north africa right into the evaluation CED then they send it to them. It takes about a week or so it depends on when you send it, and i believe it is around 150$
so do it as soon as you can because they actually require it. I dont know if you are American or not, but it is an advantage to be a minority, so do it and they will consider it in your application.
A question: is it an advatage usually to have family members who have attended MCPHS before?
thx good luck :)

i have my high school work from Toronto, Canada. then my all post secondary work is in USA..i was told that they will still review my application without that..but i need to do that at some point.

good luck!

Sarra

i have my high school work from Toronto, Canada. then my all post secondary work is in USA..i was told that they will still review my application without that..but i need to do that at some point.

how long does it take to hear back from mcphs after the interview date? also, will i receive the acceptance or rejection letter through mail? thanks guys

how long does it take to hear back from mcphs after the interview date? also, will i receive the acceptance or rejection letter through mail? thanks guys

it takes approximately a week after the interview date. and you will receive the decision through regular mail :) good luck! :xf:

For those who have had the interview, how did it go?
Is it a tense atmosphere? Were they nice?
please leave feed back, it helps everyone who is going to get interviewed! thank you

it takes approximately a week after the interview date. and you will receive the decision through regular mail :) good luck! :xf:

i think a lot of people have already mentioned how friendly the staff were and the atmosphere was not tense at all! just be yourself in the interview.. i think that's what matters most. :luck:

For those who have had the interview, how did it go?
Is it a tense atmosphere? Were they nice?
please leave feed back, it helps everyone who is going to get interviewed! thank you

i think a lot of people have already mentioned how friendly the staff were and the atmosphere was not tense at all! just be yourself in the interview.. i think that's what matters most. :luck:

Thank you, i just haven't read the previous posts ..
good luck to everyone!!

SO does anybody know the answer to this question. Has anybody been interviewed and not been accepted? In my opinion it is very unlikely, but I'm not certain. They interviewed me last Friday, and I live out of state. I still haven't heard back from them but I'm expecting a letter in the mail no later than a week from my interview date.

I interviewed on Monday of this week, please let me know what happens. How did you feel the interview went?

i interviewed about a week ago. i am curious too. is there anybody who didnt not get in that interviewed? mcphs is a great school.

phar2013, Did you get a good vibe from the interview, how do you feel you did?

For those of you that got in, what does the letter look like? Is it a blue packet or due you get a letter and a packet.

My interview is on Feb 18th. What do you all think I have chances for acceptance since many of u are already in.
I guess i applied late this year, bcz all my interviews are late.
MCPHS-worcester Feb. 18th
Purdue Feb 24th
USN March
Science gpa 3.7
overall- 3.6
B. pharm degree

For those of you that got in, what does the letter look like? Is it a blue packet or due you get a letter and a packet.

I interviewed last Wednesday and haven't received anything yet, but from what I here it is a large manila envelope. But I interviewed Manchester.

Acceptance letter is a large envelope (8x11) with a blue folder inside.

SO does anybody know the answer to this question. Has anybody been interviewed and not been accepted? In my opinion it is very unlikely, but I'm not certain. They interviewed me last Friday, and I live out of state. I still haven't heard back from them but I'm expecting a letter in the mail no later than a week from my interview date.

Hi everyone,
My interview is on February 19th, and i am very optimistic, since the school has accepted about 60 people at most, and the total number of seats available for Worcester campus are about 170 , i feel optimistic about it. I good luck everyone! :luck:

where did you hear that they've only accepted 60 people so far?

Yeah, I am really curious about how many people have been accepted so far since I have an interview on the 23rd. Keep in mind also that they are going to send acceptance packages to more people then they have seats for knowing that the most qualified applicants are probably going to recieve multiple acceptances and may choose to attend pharm school elsewhere.

where did you hear that they've only accepted 60 people so far?
I would say it is just common sense , since they interview people up to june, it can be less then 60 who knows! Be

i guess i would just be cautious throwing around numbers like that. you actually have no idea how many people have been accepted...you are assuming that there have only been about 30-35% of the seats "filled". but just because they may interview up until june doesn't mean that they accept students in any certain fashion. they may have 150 seats filled, and are looking for the last 30 up thru june. or maybe they only have 30 seats filled and are looking for 150 up thru june.

i'm not saying you're wrong by any means. i'm just saying be careful what you hypothesize on here. some people will read your statement as gospel and that's not always good.

again, the best way to look at it is solely based on YOU. do the best you can, and hopefully you'll get what you want. you cannot control how others did, or what the school is doing, so just keep your head up and wait to see what happens.

Where did you hear that they are accepting 170 students this year? I was told, during my interview, that the freshman class in Worcester this year would be 200.

exactly my point. no one knows the exact numbers except for the people at mcphs. i was also told closer to 200, due to the new building and expanded classroom sizes. but who knows?

don't get too fixated on numbers that no one is sure of.

I'm in! It's Manchester but we are the same class.
I'm a happy man today!

I interviewed about 2 weeks ago and I still have not heard anything yet. I AM GETTING WORRIED! It seem that everyone I know that interviewed got their acceptance a week later. Well not me. I really want to attend this school. I have family that live near this school. Does this mean I am going to be declined!!! Worried....

Who knows. My letter came over a week later. The cruel truth is you just don't know anything until it shows up. You could call and ask them if a decision has been made yet. They won't tell you what their decision was but they will tell you if they have decided yet. Then at least you'll have some kind of input. I don't know if that helps, but that's my end of it.

i guess i would just be cautious throwing around numbers like that. you actually have no idea how many people have been accepted...you are assuming that there have only been about 30-35% of the seats "filled". but just because they may interview up until june doesn't mean that they accept students in any certain fashion. they may have 150 seats filled, and are looking for the last 30 up thru june. or maybe they only have 30 seats filled and are looking for 150 up thru june.

i'm not saying you're wrong by any means. i'm just saying be careful what you hypothesize on here. some people will read your statement as gospel and that's not always good.

again, the best way to look at it is solely based on YOU. do the best you can, and hopefully you'll get what you want. you cannot control how others did, or what the school is doing, so just keep your head up and wait to see what happens.

Hey hey,
Dont get to analytical right there!!
It was not a statement, nor a statistic, i precised that it was common sense for me, it does not have to be right, and i am not basing anything on numbers, although i know it works in many cases, i am not trying to influence anybody, nor give wrong information, infact i believe on my self and on every qualified student! And that is a fact!
Again good luck to everyone!

Hey people,
The class size in Worcester is 200 students. 90% of the students who are interviewed will be accepted. I recieved me acceptance letter 5 days after my interview. I will make my deposit in a couple of day. I am goin there for sure!
I am so glad i am accepted.
Can't wait to move to Worcester and settle down, rent an appt, get to know the area a little bit better, and get to know my fellow class mates. Does any one know hows the public transportaion in Worcester, can u take the bus or train where ever u wanna go?? Is a car a must? Hows life there?

Hey people,
The class size in Worcester is 200 students. 90% of the students who are interviewed will be accepted. I recieved me acceptance letter 5 days after my interview. I will make my deposit in a couple of day. I am goin there for sure!
I am so glad i am accepted.
Can't wait to move to Worcester and settle down, rent an appt, get to know the area a little bit better, and get to know my fellow class mates. Does any one know hows the public transportaion in Worcester, can u take the bus or train where ever u wanna go?? Is a car a must? Hows life there?

That's what i thought too, thx for the stats!
congrats!!