Mcphs-worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed yesterday, people were friendly and very nice.
I am nervous, dont know if I will get accepted or not, but really this is my first choice of school.
:xf:

I interviewed yesterday, people were friendly and very nice.
I am nervous, dont know if I will get accepted or not, but really this is my first choice of school.
:xf:
I interviewed yesterday also, people were extremely nice, the school was really promissing! The faculty members knew every single student, and small space makes the community very close, and makes learning very enjoyable!
I hope i get in, because this is the kind of school i am looking for!

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a question,
Has anyone transferred an online class to MCPHS? Are online classes transferable to MCPHS? any ideas

what do you mean by transfer an online class? as in use it for a pre-req? if that's the case, then they definitely accept them. they determined that i needed to retake microbiology with lab, and actually suggested that i take it online thru the university of new england.

I have around 7-8 online classes in my pre pharmacy, the didn' tell me anything about it, so I dont think that's the problem.
I just need an seat in this college, best choice.:xf:

hey i just received an invite for MCPHS-W. My first pharmacy interview. And no, I don't have a degree.
but they sent the letters to my permanent address, instead of my current mailing address!!
What kind of questions are there in interview? Plz help me...how should i practice it for essay question?

maybe you haven't read this elsewhere, but when you interview at MCPHS-Worcester, you actually have to sign a paper stating that you will not share any info about the interview process. so sorry, we can't tell you what to expect, other than some really nice people and nice conversation. relax, be yourself, and answer questions truthfully. that's the best thing you can do for any interview anywhere.

as for the essay, you can't do anything to prepare, other than what i just said. it's not an exam. they just want to see how you write.

and you gotta admit, why would someone want to help you for the interview? no offense, but i didn't have inside knowledge when i went for my interview, so why should you, right?

Actually people get a lot of insight and help from sdn. I did and don't mind giving back. Wilson is right about the essay question. If you don't know how to write by now there is nothing anyone can help you with.
As for the interview the best help I can give you is make sure you know EXACTLY why you want to be a pharmacist. You should leave no doubt in their mind as to why it is that you want to be a pharmacist. You should also know a significant amount about the school. It simply shows how interested you are in their school. The more interested you are the more likely you will choose them over other schools given separate offers. There wasn't any off the wall questions to shock you with, at least for me, and I haven't heard a single horror story about that type of thing from anyone interviewing at any of the MCPHS campuses.

Good luck.

Thanks. How long is the actual interview? (answering questions/conversation)

nelson, i totally agree that these forums can offer a ton of help and insight in certain situations, and i too enjoy helping others feel more at ease and believe in themselves. that said, this person was asking about specifics, and to me that is unfair and unneccesary. it's almost like cheating on an exam. none of us that went for interviews had any specifics going in because that would mean that you could prepare your answers ahead of time which is NOT what an interview is testing. an interview is an opportunity (!) for you to show off what you've got and impress someone. yes, an opportunity, not a test. not an exam. not something to figure out in advance.

that's why i've continually tried to emphasize going into an interview and being yourself.

I personally don't respond to someone asking for the specifics unless of course I am permitted to by the school(s). However, I do advocate the principle that someone should find out on their own and use resources around them, either by contacting the school office (most preferred method) or academic counselor/advisor or SDN (should really be the last resort although some of us make it priority - in my opinion, SDN is like the "gossip column" - credibility isn't as high as those who actually have a job in advising students in the direction they are wanting to go in). It's fine to ask and it's fine to respond. However, the way you respond to people using a tone of "chastisement" will not and does not work on those who asked the particular question that may annoy or bother you (it's graduate school for gosh sakes! we're all old enough to absorb & understand our own shame, right? lol). It is common curteousy to just simply ignore it unless you are put on the spot (and even then you can duck the question by saying "I cannot make a response to it"). Anyway, this post is not an attack on anyone, it's just to help ease the situation that has boiled up in here.

Bottomline: Don't be afraid to ask any questions, but then again don't expect people to be warm & friendly when you ask. And usually when that happens, it's better to confront the source for the specifics. Never dwell on the "gossip". Things change faster than we all think, so it's better if you aren't dependent on what people generally say about this particular school.

Anyway, good luck to all and I hope to see everyone in the Fall of 2009.

Members don't see this ad :)
nelson, i totally agree that these forums can offer a ton of help and insight in certain situations, and i too enjoy helping others feel more at ease and believe in themselves. that said, this person was asking about specifics, and to me that is unfair and unneccesary. it's almost like cheating on an exam. none of us that went for interviews had any specifics going in because that would mean that you could prepare your answers ahead of time which is NOT what an interview is testing. an interview is an opportunity (!) for you to show off what you've got and impress someone. yes, an opportunity, not a test. not an exam. not something to figure out in advance.

that's why i've continually tried to emphasize going into an interview and being yourself.

Hey no problem man, I actually didn't give any specifics anyway. Nothing people shouldn't already know I was just trying to be supportive. You know how it is going in to these things, it's a stressful experience and sometimes just a little support can go a long way for people. That's all.

Thanks. How long is the actual interview? (answering questions/conversation)

Including the tour and everything, I think mine was about an hour and a half or less. The interview itself was about 20 minutes I think. Now mind you, I'm a talker. And my interviewer was a talker (don't get me wrong, she was a very interesting one, but still, like me, a talker :D). So a 20 minute interview with two chatty people really isn't bad.

It'll fly!

Thanks Blacjaguar. can anyone tell me ways to get to worcester from springfield, MA?
also what web sites offer cheapest air fares? i have never flown in years!!!

The quickest way to get from Springfield to Worcester is to take I-291 east to I-90 (the Mass Pike) east to I-290 east. Its like an hour drive.

As far as airfair goes, it depends on where you are coming from. I'd check Southwest's direct website first if they are located in your starting city. Then check Kayak.com and Orbitz.com to see what airlines have the cheapest fares and go to the actual airlines website to book (not through orbitz. etc) because you get a better deal if you book directly from the airline.

Good Luck!

I have around 7-8 online classes in my pre pharmacy, the didn' tell me anything about it, so I dont think that's the problem.
I just need an seat in this college, best choice.:xf:

I don't think they care about the type of classes particularly much. When I asked them if I could take a prereq online from my community college, they told me that as long as i get a letter grade and 3 points, it's good. Talk to Bryan W. about prereqs.

He also told me about the CLEP, which is a standardized subject test you can take in place of actually taking a class. Look that up, for people who still need to fulfill stuff.

:mad:my first rejection letter!!!!!!!!!!

why did you get a rejection? was your gpa low (not that i dwell on statistics)?

good luck with the other schools though. keep your head up. keep tryin'.

why did you get a rejection? was your gpa low (not that i dwell on statistics)?

good luck with the other schools though. keep your head up. keep tryin'.

Gpa is 3.67
Science 3.75
Pcas 3.8
B. Pharmacy degree
but had a class left from Prerequisites, which I am taking right now.

:mad:my first rejection letter!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear the bad news:( So it was a rejection letter and not a waitlist letter? I'm sure there will be better news down the road as you await replies from your other schools!

Gpa is 3.67
Science 3.75
Pcas 3.8
B. Pharmacy degree

Interesting...Guess they were looking for something other than grades, which seems to be on point in your case. Good luck.

Gpa is 3.67
Science 3.75
Pcas 3.8
B. Pharmacy degree
Have you workes in a hospital before, or had any kind of experience with patients? That would be a plus for your application, but you have a B.S in pharmacy !! you should have done a lot of hospital work!
Man!! I wish you the best of luck with the other schools. Hang on there!:luck:

i AM INN!!!!! WOUHOUUU
gOOD LUCK FOR EVERYONE, IF YOU NEED ANY ADVICE, I WILL SURE RESPOND TO YOU. aND BY THE WAY, THE ENVELOPPE IS WHITE JUST LIKE THE INTERVIEW ONE BUT WAY BIGGER ;)
HEADS UP, AGAIN GOOD LUCK!
fOR THOSE ACCEPTED , SEE YOU NEXT fALL :)

I have an interview at Worcester in a couple of days and I'm super excited yet nervous at the same time. I wonder how long it usually takes for them to reply whether or not you've been accepted. And what are the chances of you actually getting accepted if you were invited for an interview.

I have an interview at Worcester in a couple of days and I'm super excited yet nervous at the same time. I wonder how long it usually takes for them to reply whether or not you've been accepted. And what are the chances of you actually getting accepted if you were invited for an interview.
i have an interview too this month...Kate said it takes 2 weeks to notify you after the interview...i dont know about ur 2nd question...actually i wanna know it too

i have an interview too this month...Kate said it takes 2 weeks to notify you after the interview...i dont know about ur 2nd question...actually i wanna know it too

they sent me a response letter dated 3 days after my interview. dont know if this will be consistent throughout all the interviews.

they sent me a response letter dated 3 days after my interview. dont know if this will be consistent throughout all the interviews.

I am just curious what day did you interview on?

I am just curious what day did you interview on?

my interview was on jan 12th, monday morning. i just turned down the acceptance like a week ago. they give the longest time for you do make a decision. they also gave me an extension on it since i told them it was so early in my batch of interviews.

It usually doesnt even take 2 weeks. Thats like the maximum really. For most its a week to a week and a half.

As far as chances of getting in if you have an interview...they are much higher then of getting an interview in the first place. Chances of getting accepted after an interview are somewhere in the range of 4 or 5 out of 6 where the chance of getting an intervew off of your application were more like 1 out of 6 or so. So if you have an interview put your nerves at ease a bit, but dont drop the ball completely... I'm sure everyone has read of the posts on here from people that interviewed and didnt get in.

Good luck to all...

Gpa is 3.67
Science 3.75
Pcas 3.8
B. Pharmacy degree

sorry to hear that, but if you have a BS pharm already, u got more options out there like U of florida online pharmD accelerated program?

Does anyone know how much an average grad owes after completing the accelerated program at MCPHS Worcester? If you could you please reply thanks

Sorry to hear the bad news:( So it was a rejection letter and not a waitlist letter? I'm sure there will be better news down the road as you await replies from your other schools!
Thanks, hope you get in. Good luck.

Have you workes in a hospital before, or had any kind of experience with patients? That would be a plus for your application, but you have a B.S in pharmacy !! you should have done a lot of hospital work!
Man!! I wish you the best of luck with the other schools. Hang on there!:luck:
I am a pharmacy tech for four yrs now, have lots of hospital and retail experience, but oh well I got rejected that is more heartbreaking.
But truely wish you best luck for it.:love:

Hi you all,
I'm a new member of SDN, but I have referred to this site countless of times.

I got accepted to this school, but I still have another interview at Touro-CA late this month, so I'm kinda weighing my options (well, assuming I get in to Touro) about which school to choose. Especially since the housing stuff will be mailed out soon, so I think the sooner I decide the better.

I guess I'm just kinda curious whether people have already decided to go here for sure. If you have, what kind of things did you consider for your decision?

If you don't mind sharing, it'd be super!
Thanks!

Does anyone know how much an average grad owes after completing the accelerated program at MCPHS Worcester? If you could you please reply thanks

Financial services told us about $120,000. Get ready for mac 'n' cheese and Ramen for the next 10 years!

The percentage of me getting an interview invitation is getting lower! I just called and they haven't review my application yet. :(

Thanks, hope you get in. Good luck.

Thanks for the well wishes prayosha! I am actually in the Boston program already with one more academic year remaining til graduation. But nonetheless, keep us updated on your situation!

Has anyone heard back after interviewing recently?

i interviewed march 20th and received my acceptance letter March 27th:)

I interviewed March 23rd and still haven't heard. I called them last week to see if a letter was sent out, and they said they are unsure how many spots there are left, so they are waiting for everyone who has been accepted to decline or accept the spot. They told me it would take an extra 2-3 weeks :(. But I guess thats good, because thats more spots for us! haha. It's also better than saying we only have a few spots and you are not qualified and denying us..ya know? At least theres still chance!

I interviewed March 23rd and still haven't heard. I called them last week to see if a letter was sent out, and they said they are unsure how many spots there are left, so they are waiting for everyone who has been accepted to decline or accept the spot. They told me it would take an extra 2-3 weeks :(. But I guess thats good, because thats more spots for us! haha. It's also better than saying we only have a few spots and you are not qualified and denying us..ya know? At least theres still chance!

I heard from the admission director that for the Fall'09 entering class, 192 people already sent in their deposits for 200 seats in Worcester. So, hopefully the other 8 includes you, then :)

Hi, everyone! I heard there are still interviews in April. Is anyone out there that is going or had gone for interview this month?
Also, has anyone gotten any acceptance letter in April so far?
Good Luck to all of you that are awaiting a decision.:xf:

I am waitlisted at MCPHS, anyone have any idea about how many people are on the waitlist or any idea about your chances of getting in after being waitlisted?

Thanks.........

I am waitlisted at MCPHS, anyone have any idea about how many people are on the waitlist or any idea about your chances of getting in after being waitlisted?

Thanks.........

when did you get your letter? I still haven't heard.. My interview was March 23.