Mcphs-worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard from the admission director that for the Fall'09 entering class, 192 people already sent in their deposits for 200 seats in Worcester. So, hopefully the other 8 includes you, then :)

I don't know when they told you this, but when I was there, they told me 266 were accepted for the Class of 2011. I dont know why they would cut it to 200 now?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know when they told you this, but when I was there, they told me 266 were accepted for the Class of 2011. I dont know why they would cut it to 200 now?

Hm.. 266 is a bit high actually, but maybe that's including the Manchester program.
In previous years, the Worcester campus only accepted about 165 students. But this year, pharmacy students will have lecture in the new building across the street, and the rooms can now accommodate 200 students.

I believe it's also very common for pharmacy schools to over-accept students because they know some will withdraw before the program starts.

yes, the 266 we started with included both the worcester and manchester campuses. we've lost a few already, so that number is down slightly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received acceptance letter from MCPHS recently?

Last edited:
Are there anyone still on the waitlist before an interview? I called about over a week ago and I heard they still haven't looked at our files yet. They said we might hear from them within a month from now.

Not yet.. They told me 2-3 weeks 2 weeks ago. lol So I hope soon! when was your interview?

Hope we both get good news soon. It is getting harder to wait.

Last edited:
Has anyone from Worcester recieved the housing/dorm info yet??

Has anyone from Worcester recieved the housing/dorm info yet??

I think we're supposed to get it late this month.

Anyway, is anyone looking for a male roommate off campus? I think I'm gonna try my luck with apartments around campus. PM me, please.

I guess its good to hear that others are still waiting...I am still waiting to hear back as well. I was supposed to hear a week ago, but nothing yet! This is killing me. MCP isn't the only one I'm waiting on either!

Has anyone received a decision this month?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I called them because i was told that this week they would send their decision, but so far i did not get any. Today they said, it will take one more week!!! my so many other decisions are pending on this one..

I called them because i was told that this week they would send their decision, but so far i did not get any. Today they said, it will take one more week!!! my so many other decisions are pending on this one..

ahhh i don't wanna wait another week :oops:(

welll, I got accepted like several months back

I just called in to say that I withdraw my acceptance

Better chance for one of you

Good luck

If you dont mind me asking.. where are you going to be going instead?

Good luck

Good luck

Aww. Well, best of luck to you in whatever you are going to do instead! Hopefully I get your spot! Haha.

Did any of you guys get any acceptance in April!!!!!?????

Last edited:
I just got accepted!!!!!!! (yeeeeahhhhh boyyyyyy!)

I have a lot of catching up to do in meeting everyone/finding a place to live... who needs an awesome roommate?? I'm gonna be in Boston for the summer if anyone wants to get together before we begin our first year of pharmacy!

Is school still interviewing?

Last edited:
Congratulations for those who got their acceptance recently!

If you guys have facebook accounts, you should join the c/o 2012 group. We could get to know each other a bit before the school starts!

I am accepted too, but I have to seriously think over attending 3 years program. I am not sure if I can handle it, kinda scared..I have also heard some bad student experience like most professor's grading is unfair. How many classes do we have to take in first and second semester? Anyone knows?

Last edited:
To those of you with facebook account:
You can join the "MCPHS Worcester PharmD Class Of 2012" Group.;)
So that we get to know each other before classes start.

I am accepted too, but I have to seriously think over attending 3 years program. I am not sure if I can handle it, kinda scared..I have also heard some bad student experience like most professor's grading is unfair. How many classes do we have to take in first and second semester? Anyone knows?

It's 18 credits pretty much every semester.. If you go to the MCPHS.EDU website, go to Worcester PharmD program, and you can see the curriculum

Hello all,

Congrats to the people who got accepted into MCPHS!

I have a question about admissions if anybody can answer it. I am finishing up my B.S. degree this June and want to apply there but it seems they are a 0-6 yr. program (out of HS)? I can't seem to find the right web page that allows students with B.S. degree to apply. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello all,

Congrats to the people who got accepted into MCPHS!

I have a question about admissions if anybody can answer it. I am finishing up my B.S. degree this June and want to apply there but it seems they are a 0-6 yr. program (out of HS)? I can't seem to find the right web page that allows students with B.S. degree to apply. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.mcphs.edu/academics/programs/pharmaceutical_sciences/accelerated_pharmd/

There you go, hopefully the link works.
Look at either the Worcester or the Manchester accelerated program. You can still apply to the Boston campus if you want to, so you'll start at the 3rd year in their 0-6 program.

Hey Everyone,

Im on the waitlist for mcp and i was wondering if anyone else who'd been placed on the waitlist had gotten an answer yet? They said they evaluate the list sometime in April, but i havent heard any news yet.

Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

Im on the waitlist for mcp and i was wondering if anyone else who'd been placed on the waitlist had gotten an answer yet? They said they evaluate the list sometime in April, but i havent heard any news yet.

Thanks!

Hopefully anytime soon because I called them at the beginning of April and they said we'll find out within a month from that time. I really want a chance to get interviewed there.

I read on many posts and forums that it's really not a horrible work load. Yeah, it's "intense", but it's not impossible, of course!

I also heard that the professors' grading is completely fair, but students just expect it to be a cake-walk similar to college and expect the professors to spoon feed them information like a college lecture instead of doing actual studying and work outside the classroom. We'll see if this is all correct!

Don't worry...we're all in this together, and if you need help, we will help! Screw the competitive medical school junk. We're a team. :p

hi you all,
is anybody else interested in off campus housing? seems like there's a lot of options but i'm gonna be needing roommate(s). please contact me if you are.

thanks!

Would you recommend living on campus? Or off-campus? Also, how are the 6 bedroom apartments are like on-campus?

Would you recommend living on campus? Or off-campus? Also, how are the 6 bedroom apartments are like on-campus?

Well I guess that depends on your own preference, no?
Living on campus is definitely more convenient (and it's furnished already!) but it's more expensive compared to the off campus places of similar size.

Did you see the 6 rooms apartment when you toured the school? I dunno about you but I don't think I can live with 5 other people with just one small kitchen and 2 baths.

Well I guess that depends on your own preference, no?
Living on campus is definitely more convenient (and it's furnished already!) but it's more expensive compared to the off campus places of similar size.

Did you see the 6 rooms apartment when you toured the school? I dunno about you but I don't think I can live with 5 other people with just one small kitchen and 2 baths.

I think it all depends on your character. Some people who are in 6-people P1 year kept their room P2 year with the same roommates, so it's not "that" bad.. it all depends on who you are and who u're going to live with.

Does anyone know of any good off-campus housing options?
....anyone looking for a female roommate??

Does anyone know of any good off-campus housing options?
....anyone looking for a female roommate??

are you on the facebook group for the class of 2012?
they have a thread specific for off campus housing. I suggest you join and connect with others who are in the same situation.

Hi,
I was currently accepted into the Massachusetts college of pharmacy in Manchester, with just two outstanding classes left to finish this summer. One of them is the computer science elective. I just realized that the class I signed up for is only one credit and I believe it should be three. The class has already been approved by the school but I don't think they realized it was only one credit. Does anyone know how strict the school would be on this, is this something that will keep from attending pharmacy school this fall. As you can imagine it is pretty frustrating to be so close to a goal and have something that seems so small hold you back. Feedback would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi,
I was currently accepted into the Massachusetts college of pharmacy in Manchester, with just two outstanding classes left to finish this summer. One of them is the computer science elective. I just realized that the class I signed up for is only one credit and I believe it should be three. The class has already been approved by the school but I don't think they realized it was only one credit. Does anyone know how strict the school would be on this, is this something that will keep from attending pharmacy school this fall. As you can imagine it is pretty frustrating to be so close to a goal and have something that seems so small hold you back. Feedback would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks.

Talk to the MCPHS advisor who reviewed and approved your transfer credits the sooner the better

I just graduated from mcp-worcester.

If you got accepted to another pharmacy, go to that school.

It is strange how people would disregard all the posts about this school on SDN and enroll. A lot of the discussions are true. A lot of people fail a class and have to wait a year. My class had lots of people who failed a class and were dropped back into my class. Theres even people who fail twice.

It is accelerated so you would think you would have to study a lot. But actually you will be studying a lot because the school won't teach you anything.

so how's everyone doing now?

so how's everyone doing now?

I am enjoying my intermediate rotations. I'm very relaxed with lots of spare time. We go back for the begining of therapeutics in 6 more weeks. 1st year wasn't bad at all. I was stressed at certain times, but made it through just fine :)

I just graduated from mcp-worcester.

If you got accepted to another pharmacy, go to that school.

It is strange how people would disregard all the posts about this school on SDN and enroll. A lot of the discussions are true. A lot of people fail a class and have to wait a year. My class had lots of people who failed a class and were dropped back into my class. Theres even people who fail twice.

It is accelerated so you would think you would have to study a lot. But actually you will be studying a lot because the school won't teach you anything.

That's funny, because I'm pretty sure during ORIENTATION, they told us that they don't spoon feed and we have to make sure we learn on our own. This isn't undergrad, people! Don't expect it to be.

I have a room for rent in my condo starting Oct. 1st 2009. I am sure everyone already has housing so I am not going to go into detail. But if anyone is interested please email me at [email protected]