MCPHS (Worcester)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ayuka001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is anyone applying here and started on the supplemental app ? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i'm applying here, what do u mean by secondary? supplemental??

^oops yeh I meant the supplemental lol. Do you know the link to it by any chance?

thanks !

Members don't see this ad :)
i know it's kind of early, but I wanted to know the people who already applied, have they heard anything from MCPHS yet?
I have submitted my pharmCAS on 08/15/11, and they still haven't gotten all my transcripts together, and am still checking in everyday for them to send it to the schools already.

i know it's kind of early, but I wanted to know the people who already applied, have they heard anything from MCPHS yet?
I have submitted my pharmCAS on 08/15/11, and they still haven't gotten all my transcripts together, and am still checking in everyday for them to send it to the schools already.[/QUOTE

My pharmCAS was mailed 8/22 and everything is complete, but I haven't received any confirmation that they got my application. I'm still working on the supplemental.

I have submitted my pharmCAS on 08/15/11, and they still haven't gotten all my transcripts together, and am still checking in everyday for them to send it to the schools already.

I finished my supplemental and submitted it already.

I sent my PharmCas on Aug 24 but one school's transcript is still not there yet? Do you guys know how long it take Pharm Cas to put in that transcript? Cuz the school it to Pharm Cas and another pharmacy school non Pharmcas at the same time. The non pharmacas school already recieved it.

i submitted my PharmCAS on 08/09/11, and there is still one school transcript pending too. I have no idea why it's taking soooooo long for PharmCAS to put it up and calculate my GPA.

It says on the PharmCAS website that it can take 5 weeks for your GPA to be calculated. Then they send out your completed application. I've been told though that MCPHS doesn't start reviewing applications until the middle/end of September and then in the beginning of October they start to send out the first round of interview invitations. I will be obsessively checking my application status until then.

Does anyone know what MCPHS's timeline goes? My application has been complete for 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything so far. I confirmed complete by calling the admissions office btw.

Does anyone know what MCPHS's timeline goes? My application has been complete for 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything so far. I confirmed complete by calling the admissions office btw.

I received a letter from them and they said that my application was complete and they say they start interviews in november (I think, I'm not 100% sure because its been a few days since i read the letter)

Good luck to all of us! =]

I received a letter from them and they said that my application was complete and they say they start interviews in november (I think, I'm not 100% sure because its been a few days since i read the letter)

Good luck to all of us! =]

You received an actual letter in the mail? Hmmm I didn't receive any physical notice like that, just a confirmation when speaking to counselor on the phone.

Should I double check?

You received an actual letter in the mail? Hmmm I didn't receive any physical notice like that, just a confirmation when speaking to counselor on the phone.

Should I double check?

I'm not sure if you should double check or not. I say wait for a bit more then you can double check. i just read the letter and it says they start notifying people oct 1! =]

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if you should double check or not. I say wait for a bit more then you can double check. i just read the letter and it says they start notifying people oct 1! =]

Notifying october 1 for interviews? I guess that's the day we are all looking forward to, thanks!

so i submitted my supp app two week ago, and my pharmcas finally calculated my GPA after a whole month of e-submiting it, they haven't sent it out yet. PharmCAS calculated my science GPA lower than what it was =/, before it was 3.0 and they calculated it as 2.8, and now i'm worried. my non science GPA came out to be 3.5, and my overall GPA came out to be 3.1.
How worried should i be to hear a response back from MCPHS?

Last edited:
so i submitted my supp app two week ago, and my pharmcas finally calculated my GPA after a whole month of e-submiting it, they haven't sent it out yet. PharmCAS calculated my science GPA lower than what it was =/, before it was 3.0 and they calculated it as 2.8, and now i'm worried. my non science GPA came out to be 3.5, and my overall GPA came out to be 3.1.
How worried should i be to hear a response back from MCPHS?

I think PharmCAS sends out applications every Monday, so it should go out soon. I know that MCPHS really emphasizes having a degree before matriculation, so if you will have one, that is a good sign. Also if you have pharmacy experience that will help you be a better candidate.

We need a login username and pw to fill out the supplemental... so I guess I'll have to receive an invitation to submit it.
I submitted my PharmCAS in early August and haven't heard anything... Weird.

Wondering if I should apply here....
What class counts toward the Behavorial science requirement? Also is there any essays on the supp?

Thanks guys!

Wondering if I should apply here....
What class counts toward the Behavorial science requirement? Also is there any essays on the supp?

Thanks guys!

I used psychology and human development classes for the behavioral sciences electives. If you look at the supplemental, they have detailed descriptions on what counts for the requirements.

The only essay-like questions are what you think of the school and if there is anything additional that you want them to consider.

Good luck with your decision!

Just got an email from Brian saying that my app is being reviewed by the committee and I should hear from them regarding an interview within two weeks. :)

Anyone have other information? Any interview invites yet?

Just got an email from Brian saying that my app is being reviewed by the committee and I should hear from them regarding an interview within two weeks. :)

whooaa congrats!!
i didnt hear anything yet :(

This school doesn't require the pcats right?
If I add this school now will pharmcas still send it out like normal even tho I've already esubmit my pharmcas? Also do we need an invite to do the supp?

Sorry for the many questions, thanks guys! :)

This school doesn't require the pcats right?
If I add this school now will pharmcas still send it out like normal even tho I've already esubmit my pharmcas? Also do we need an invite to do the supp?

Sorry for the many questions, thanks guys! :)

No they don't require the PCAT. Just add them to PharmCAS and it should be mailed to the school on Monday. The supplemental is already available on mcphs.edu and you don't need an invite. . . just make an account.

Hey guys quick question...I am applying tomorrow to MCPHS Worcester Pharmacy school. I have a BA in Chemistry with a 3.2 overall gpa, and a 2.99 science math gap through pharmcas. I am a PTCB Pharmacy Technician and volunteered for 5 months at a compounding pharmacy, and i also work at a Pharmaceutical Lab as an Associate Scientist. The only C's i have gotten were in Drawing(lame, i know), speech, and calculus 2. All other sciences were B's and Physics was A's. I did get a C in Physical Chemistry 2 (quantum mechanics). What do you all think my chances are of getting admitted? Thanks!! :confused:

Does anyone know if there is a word limitation to the supp questions??

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member. I already submitted my application and waiting for them to respond. But I am still asking myself the question that did I made a right choice since I didn't know should I apply to the one in Boston or Worcester. I met the advisor for admission in Boston campus (Brian) and he said this year they receive very limited number of transfer, (include graduated students from MCPHS). But what I heard about Worcester that this campus is not that good since I have couple friends dropped out of the program even though they studied like crazy, very depressed and intensive. I'm excited to get into the program but when I think about the money I may lost (who knows) I can't sleep at night. I could either gain or lose everything if I can't handle the workload they assign. Is there anyone studying in Worcester can let me know the truth, what's really happening and is it that horrible. I'm not writing this to scare people who are applying since I am one of them too. :confused:

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member. I already submitted my application and waiting for them to respond. But I am still asking myself the question that did I made a right choice since I didn't know should I apply to the one in Boston or Worcester. I met the advisor for admission in Boston campus (Brian) and he said this year they receive very limited number of transfer, (include graduated students from MCPHS). But what I heard about Worcester that this campus is not that good since I have couple friends dropped out of the program even though they studied like crazy, very depressed and intensive. I'm excited to get into the program but when I think about the money I may lost (who knows) I can't sleep at night. I could either gain or lose everything if I can't handle the workload they assign. Is there anyone studying in Worcester can let me know the truth, what's really happening and is it that horrible. I'm not writing this to scare people who are applying since I am one of them too. :confused:

I've read stories also, but you probably have a better understanding since you have friends that went there and dropped out. Have you spoken to them about the actual detail events that lead to their departure? Are these close friends of yours that you are fully aware of their study habits?

I feel that every pharmacy school is challenge and some schools may be more competitive than others. If you studied the right method and with the right amount of devotion, any program is manageable.

my 2 cents.

I've read stories also, but you probably have a better understanding since you have friends that went there and dropped out. Have you spoken to them about the actual detail events that lead to their departure? Are these close friends of yours that you are fully aware of their study habits?

I feel that every pharmacy school is challenge and some schools may be more competitive than others. If you studied the right method and with the right amount of devotion, any program is manageable.

my 2 cents.

I agree with what you said and thanks for it. I feel more confident now.

on the supplemental it says we can submit a resume to the office of admissions, so do we just email them the resume?

I actually did the supplemental before the PharmCAS application since it was already available at the time (June/July) . Essay questions were allright (the expected standard questions). All I have from them so far is just confirmation of receipt of my application and supplemental.

If I do get an interview invite from them, hopefully it will be around Oct 28 so that I can knock out 2 interviews in one trip (commute between Worcester, MA and Colchester, VT) and save a lot of money!:cool:

I actually did the supplemental before the PharmCAS application since it was already available at the time (June/July) . Essay questions were allright (the expected standard questions). All I have from them so far is just confirmation of receipt of my application and supplemental.

If I do get an interview invite from them, hopefully it will be around Oct 28 so that I can knock out 2 interviews in one trip (commute between Worcester, MA and Colchester, VT) and save a lot of money!:cool:

Received an interview invite in the mail today. They don't assign you a date in the letter, but they say they are first come first serve. So hopefully you would be able to schedule one around the 28th
smile.gif

Anyone else get an invite?

Received an interview invite in the mail today. They don't assign you a date in the letter, but they say they are first come first serve. So hopefully you would be able to schedule one around the 28th
smile.gif

I scheduled mine October 7th because that is the only friday I can do...

Anyone else that day?

Did you receive the invitation by snail mail? And if so, do you live in the East or West coast?

Did you receive the invitation by snail mail? And if so, do you live in the East or West coast?

Assuming youre asking me?

I live on the West Coast and I received the snail mail.
I am 1 of the 2 interviewing on Oct 7th so for those of you still waiting, dont worry!

Assuming youre asking me?

I live on the West Coast and I received the snail mail.
I am 1 of the 2 interviewing on Oct 7th so for those of you still waiting, dont worry!

what are your stats if you dont mine?

I scheduled mine October 7th because that is the only friday I can do...

Anyone else that day?

what is snail mail? I haven't received anything yet, even the confirmation email that they received my pharmcas application. I received my GPA on 9/13, but nothing moves on yet. Congratulation and let us know your interview. good luck too.

snail mail is regular postal service mail, not sure where that phrase comes from lol maybe because it's so slow.

Thank you sir, I shall keep you guys updated on the interview.

good for you!!!i am still waiting for that!!!:thumbup: good luck!!!
smile.gif

snail mail is regular postal service mail, not sure where that phrase comes from lol maybe because it's so slow.

hehe, that's a good explaination. but anyway, I'm a girl. thanks

hehe, that's a good explaination. but anyway, I'm a girl. thanks

opps, sorry lol

i must say, MCPHS Worcester admissions office lady is the nicest admissions I've ever talked to. Pretty interesting to talk to an admissions person so helpful and commodating lol

Anyone heard anything about how the interview is from previous cycles?

Last edited:

when did you summite your pharmcas and suppl.?:D

hihi, you got the interview with them right?

when did you summite your pharmcas and suppl.?:D

I submitted my PharmCAS the first week of August and my supplemental the first week of September (I really procrastinated!)

good for you!!!i am still waiting for that!!!:thumbup: good luck!!!

Thanks, they just started sending them, so you should hear soon!

I live on the East Coast (PA). I got an email from Brian about a week ago saying that I should hear within 2 weeks and got the letter by postal mail on 9/22.