MCPHS (Worcester)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tomorrow is my interview, today i am at Hilton hotel. i am enjoying. i hope everything goes well tmrw, pray for me yall. i love this school, the area. still first choice LECOM- B and second is MCPHS. give me any tips necessary guys, it will help me.

Members don't see this ad.

Tomorrow is my interview, today i am at Hilton hotel. i am enjoying. i hope everything goes well tmrw, pray for me yall. i love this school, the area. still first choice LECOM- B and second is MCPHS. give me any tips necessary guys, it will help me.

Be yourself. Be sure to know your PharmCAS file because I remember my interviewer asked me about my extracurricular activities and my essay. The interview is pretty easy. Make sure to ask questions to your interviewer so they know you are interested.

Good luck!

Be yourself. Be sure to know your PharmCAS file because I remember my interviewer asked me about my extracurricular activities and my essay. The interview is pretty easy. Make sure to ask questions to your interviewer so they know you are interested.

Good luck!

Ok, thnx for the info. Can you tell me this if the interview was open file or close file? also what was some topics of the essay questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know of a good place to find roommates for housing. I was told the MCPHS main site in the off campus housing section is a good place to look but I don't really see anyone on there looking..

Hi everyone,
I just received the decision letter from MCPHS worcester and being waitlisted. In the letter, it said that there is currently no seat available and my name has been placed on the waitlist; and, they will monitor the enrollment in coming months to see if any spot available to offer me an admission.
The weird thing is they never invited me for an interview. As far as i know, schools make decisions only after we get thru the "interview" part. Is it correct? Does anyone have any ideas about this? or shall i call them and inquire about the situation.:confused:
And another thing is that my application has been placed on hold for a while because of some requirements and clarification. After clearing up those stuffs, I received their decision letter this week. So, my application process is a bit late. I'm so nervous about this since it is one of my top choices.
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,
I just received the decision letter from MCPHS worcester and being waitlisted. In the letter, it said that there is currently no seat available and my name has been placed on the waitlist; and, they will monitor the enrollment in coming months to see if any spot available to offer me an admission.
The weird thing is they never invited me for an interview. As far as i know, schools make decisions only after we get thru the "interview" part. Is it correct? Does anyone have any ideas about this? or shall i call them and inquire about the situation.:confused:
And another thing is that my application has been placed on hold for a while because of some requirements and clarification. After clearing up those stuffs, I received their decision letter this week. So, my application process is a bit late. I'm so nervous about this since it is one of my top choices.
Thanks in advance.

I would just call them and ask about it so you don't think about it when you are sleeping or something.
Not to be a downer, but if this is your first choice, you should've applied way sooner.

How long does it take for the Admission committee to make a decision after interviewing a candidate? i live in Florida, i beleive my interview went somewhat well. i want to know, how long does it take to get either Accepted, Rejected or waitlisted letter? do you have any ideas? do you think there is still seats available? please let me know? thankxx

All on campus housing is full!!!! I need to live off campus now I guess ugh lol. Anyone know of any good places around MCPHS. Looking for a roommate as well, preferably someone with a vehicle so we could take turns car pooling to and from school. I'm assuming off campus housing is not within walking distance..

Worcester campus? I'm going to start in Fall 2012. I'm planning to live on campus but I was told all rooms are full. Have to live off campus now. I'm looking for a roommate. I have a car, don't smoke.

GOOD LUCK ON INTERVIEWS EVERYONE! relaxx!!

also for those accepted--females-- are you looking for off campus..if so let me know im thinking about it and am in search for possible roommies? :)

I'm in if you still need one. Please PM me.

I have few questions: when we file fafsa, there is an option, " r u going to be bachelors, graduate, post graduate, college level, etc? wht should we choose?

2nd, i have shown that i am qualified for $20,500 loan, but in order to attend MCPHS, the tuition is like $41 or $42 K. how do i ge the rest? where should i apply for more loan?

any ideas?

Good luck to those who are waitlisted! I know the feeling. I got accepted to UCSD yesterday and will be attending. I already contacted Bryan and now one more seat is available. GOOD LUCK!

Good luck to those who are waitlisted! I know the feeling. I got accepted to UCSD yesterday and will be attending. I already contacted Bryan and now one more seat is available. GOOD LUCK!

I am on alternate list. i just got the letter. i am so heart broken. i dont know what should i do? i am totally broken into half. what should i do? any suggestion? how many are on waitlisted, PM me plz. thnxx

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefully, you didn't put all of your eggs into one basket. i did that last year and got waitlisted at UOP. never got off the waitlist but, that's okay cuz now i get to go back to SoCal.

if any one still looking for a roommate, please let me know by sending private message.
By the way, congrats to your acceptance.

why do people apply to the worchester campus instead of the boston campus? although it is a 3 year program vs. a 4 year program, the tuition is essentially the same . 40,000/yr for worchester and 30,000 yr for boston. don't people enjoy having summers off?

The Boston campus is a 0+4 program which means that if you didn't apply straight out of high school there are very limited spots to transfer into. This means only like 10 spots to transfer into. Where the Worcester/Manchester campuses are designed for transfer students specifically.

I would say that working in a pharmacy is not necessarily an advantage of being accepted into the school. Most students never had any experience before. I would say that once excepted that this becomes a tremendous asset and a leg up on everyone else.

Did any alternate list Candidate heard anything back from MCPHS- Worcester campus? The last day of their interview was 5/4/2012. they should already know, how many seats are left and how many seats they can offer? I am tired of waiting, I have been waiting for a lot of school but none of them responding fast enough.:mad::mad:

Did any alternate list Candidate heard anything back from MCPHS- Worcester campus? The last day of their interview was 5/4/2012. they should already know, how many seats are left and how many seats they can offer? I am tired of waiting, I have been waiting for a lot of school but none of them responding fast enough.:mad::mad:

hey guys I got a letter from MCPHS saying that I am on wait list (pre-interview). what does that mean? did i apply too late? or it has to do with grades? does anybody know what my chances are? anybody got an interview after being placed on wait list?

Hi, I am on wait list too mostly cuz I was missing 7 classes. I will be done with everything by July 10. Did u get an interview?

Hello everyone, I have been accepted to MCPHS and was wondering if there are current students that goes to this school that can give me a feedback regarding bancroft. If you could also include how much one is paying for electricity and heat each month, an estimate at least. I am trying to figure out how much loans I have to borrow and all. Thanks for any feedback.

Hello everyone, I have been accepted to MCPHS and was wondering if there are current students that goes to this school that can give me a feedback regarding bancroft. If you could also include how much one is paying for electricity and heat each month, an estimate at least. I am trying to figure out how much loans I have to borrow and all. Thanks for any feedback.

Congratz, I was wondering, were you alternate listed or just got accepted? when did u got accepted?

I've been on the waitlist at mcphs for a few months now without an interview. I just sent in my final grades for orgo 2, and physics. Dont know if that will make any difference.

For those who get accepted and will be attending the Worcester campus this coming fall, congrats! Enjoy your break guys because it will be an intense curriculum with multiple exams in 1 week during your 1st semester. Workload is heavy but totally doable, just don't fall behind. I'm currently a P2 and might see some of you guys around.

Is there still any chance for those who are in waiting list.I was interviewed on last Oct.28,2011 and was put in waiting list after that due to my lack of experience in healthcare field.I recently got a job in a pharmaceutical company and sent my updated resume yesterday.Do you guys think there is still chance for me?Thanks.

For those who get accepted and will be attending the Worcester campus this coming fall, congrats! Enjoy your break guys because it will be an intense curriculum with multiple exams in 1 week during your 1st semester. Workload is heavy but totally doable, just don't fall behind. I'm currently a P2 and might see some of you guys around.
Is there still any chance for those who are in waiting list.I was interviewed on last Oct.28,2011 and was put in waiting list after that due to my lack of experience in healthcare field.I recently got a job in a pharmaceutical company and sent my updated resume yesterday.Do you guys think there is still chance for me?Thanks.

I hate to say it but if you still haven't heard anything from them up until now, then the chance of getting in this year is very slim. However, there are a couple of people in my class who received a phone call from them just about 2 weeks before school started, so you never know. Regarding your lack of experience in healthcare field, there is also a good amount of people who got in without any experience. Once you have the interview with this school, it's pretty much a done deal. Maybe they become stricter this year. Good luck!

Just call them?

Hi guys,

I am looking to apply to Pharmacy school for fall of 2014 (just made my decision that I really want to do Pharmacy School), but I know realistically its a bit too late, so might have to wait until 2015. After reading through the thread, kind of discouraged with my GPA.

Stats:
B.S. Biochemistry
GPA: ~3.42
M.S. Biochemistry (in my last semester)
GPA (currently): 3.61
Volunteer: I have 50 hours of volunteer work at a hospital pharmacy.
Experience: Have a lot of research experience (kind of tired of research now, really want to interact with people and help!!)

Do you guys think my masters degree will help me get into MCPHS? I was looking around schools, and really like MCPHS (especially the accelerated program). Is it too late apply? What are my chances?

Thank You in advance everyone!