MCPHS Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just gave up my interview spot as i was accepted to the program of my choice. good luck to those still waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

If you look at the price list attached to the emails, the new residences are listed there and they are as expensive (if not more) as 25 Foster. I googled the location and they're about a mile and a half from the school. You also have to pay for gas, cable and Internet. No real deal there. But they are kitchen equipped.

I don't think the school handles housing too well, even down to good photos and marketing material. For students to not know all their options and not be able to choose where they live for three years is ridic.

So did you guys (who received emails from Rachel) already know where you will be living ? What was the email about if you dont mind to share ?

Thanks

So did you guys (who received emails from Rachel) already know where you will be living ? What was the email about if you dont mind to share ?

Thanks
No. It was just an informative email stating that we would be receiving a letter via snail mail with all the details of our assignment. Here it is:

Good morning,

Congratulations on your decision to attend MCPHS. We are pleased to inform you that you have been placed in University-sponsored housing. We are glad you will be joining us in housing for Fall 2013.

Your housing assignment will be sent out this week via mail and you should receive it shortly. When you receive your mailing from MCPHS, it will include a letter with a specific room assignment within one of our two on-campus residence halls, the Lincoln Square Academic and Student Center or the Borysek Living and Learning Center as well as a housing contract. You should fill out and sign the top portion of the housing contract and return both portions by Monday May 13, 2013 to ensure your place in housing.

I have attached a copy of the prices for the 2013-2014 academic year. Once you return your signed housing contract, you are committed to housing for the full academic year (Fall 2013, Spring 2014 and Summer 2014).

We will send you details about move-in much later in the summer, but you should plan to move-in on Tuesday August 27, 2013

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got the email for other options that don't look appealing at all except maybe the micro lofts. Those are $1000 more expensive than Lincoln square and you have to pay for cable/Internet out of your own pocket. All other new options they're offering require a roommate, so for those who can't concentrate with others around-you're out of luck unless you pick the micro loft locations. From the look of that email they've already filled up Lincoln square :( this sucks and kinda unfair that we don't have a choice where to live. I hope I'm wrong. Here's the email I received today:

I do apologize for a second e-mail. The price list was not attached to my previous e-mail. Please find the price list attached.

Sincerely,
Rachel

Congratulations on your decision to attend MCPHS University and your interest in University-sponsoring housing. At this time, you will have a space in University-sponsored housing this fall. This e-mail serves to inform you of the new housing opportunities MCPHS has acquired over the last few months. Please carefully read this e-mail as you are expected to respond by Monday April 29, 2013. Details about the new units are listed below and the prices are attached.

Micro-Lofts:
· 26 brand-new units in a Micro-lofts building on Main Street. Located approximately 1 block from the Foster Street end of campus
· Single occupancy, furnished units
· Twin-sized beds, desk and chair, a soft chair, two burner cook top, refrigerator with freezer and convention microwave oven
· Building features common areas ideal for study groups featuring table, chairs and sofas
· On-site laundry

Lancaster Street:
· 3 buildings currently under renovation. Located within a 10 minute walk from the Lincoln Square end of campus
· Completely renovated apartments include two single occupancy (gender-specific) bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and single bath
· Central air and heat, new windows

72 Salisbury Street:
· 6 apartments with a homey charm. Located within a 10 minute walk from the Lincoln Square end of campus
· Single bedroom and two bedroom (each bedroom single occupancy) gender-specific apartments with kitchen, living room and bathroom
· Hardwood floors

50 & 60 Salisbury Street:
· Approximately 30 apartments in 2 buildings. Located within a 10 minute walk from the Lincoln Square end of campus
· Single bedroom and two bedroom (each bedroom single occupancy) gender-specific apartments including minimally kitchen, living room and bathroom (mainly have 1.5 or 2 full bathrooms)
· Extremely spacious units. Many feature master bedrooms measuring over twenty feet long with an en suite bathroom
· Other apartments feature second floors, patios, large kitchen areas, and great living space

MCPHS housing has many benefits. Community is important here. The Residence Life staff includes professionals and paraprofessionals (student Resident Assistant –RAs).

Some other benefits of University-sponsored housing include:
· Working with classmates for study groups
· Interacting with students in other academic disciplines
· Programs and activities sponsored by Residence Life like study breaks and stress relievers
· MCPHS Facilities staff completes work orders
· Public Safety assistance available 24 hours a day
· Preference for parking assignments (assigned over the summer by the Operations Manager (Karen Cook)'s office
· Adding (directly through the utility companies) cable channels, DVRs, Internet, telephone or other amenities based on your needs
· Avoiding a monthly rent payment and first and last month's rent to a landlord through billing once a semester by MCPHS

In order to indicate your housing preference, please fill out the this google document by Monday April 29, 2013.

Last edited:
wow. So if you look at the email I posted earlier, it seems there are mulitple versions, depending on when your deposit was received. The new options sound great, but the extras in utilities and overall cost make them a much more expensive option.

Anyone know if there's a place to workout at the school?
ya they're not super clear with their marketing: theres 1 gym for mcp: at a hospital, i forget which one, i think its saint ..something.
theres no gym at either of the housing locations, even though the online housing pdf's say different.

I am very sad and mad to get an email from housing department. I didn't get in 10 Lincoln, and now they placed me in one of their university-sponsored housings which are much more expensive. I rather share apt with the classmates so I can save some money. I am very disappointed with their housing process.

Last edited:
I am very sad and mad to get an email from housing department. I didn't get in 10 Lincoln, and now they placed me in one of their university-sponsored housings which are much more expensive. I rather share apt with the classmates so I can save some money. I am very disappointed with their housing process.

hey did you get the letter or are you talking about the email?
if you look at pharmacopeadia's post, it says "university sponsered housing" and then it goes on to say you'll be at lincoln / foster.
idk why they changed their housing procedure this year.

Does anyone know if we can transfer Biochemistry and Immunology credit hours? So that we dont have to do it twice.

We better do it soon. Check your message.

No. It was just an informative email stating that we would be receiving a letter via snail mail with all the details of our assignment. Here it is:

Good morning,

Congratulations on your decision to attend MCPHS. We are pleased to inform you that you have been placed in University-sponsored housing. We are glad you will be joining us in housing for Fall 2013.

Your housing assignment will be sent out this week via mail and you should receive it shortly. When you receive your mailing from MCPHS, it will include a letter with a specific room assignment within one of our two on-campus residence halls, the Lincoln Square Academic and Student Center or the Borysek Living and Learning Center as well as a housing contract. You should fill out and sign the top portion of the housing contract and return both portions by Monday May 13, 2013 to ensure your place in housing.

I have attached a copy of the prices for the 2013-2014 academic year. Once you return your signed housing contract, you are committed to housing for the full academic year (Fall 2013, Spring 2014 and Summer 2014).

We will send you details about move-in much later in the summer, but you should plan to move-in on Tuesday August 27, 2013

So does that mean you got accepted into lincoln / foster yet thats why you will get room assignnents very soon? I had similar email as arvinRX which i didnt have any of lincoln/ foster options except very expensive housing.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow. So if you look at the email I posted earlier, it seems there are mulitple versions, depending on when your deposit was received. The new options sound great, but the extras in utilities and overall cost make them a much more expensive option.

agreed.

Does anyone know if we can transfer Biochemistry and Immunology credit hours? So that we dont have to do it twice.

no. the curriculum is set. its not like undergrad where we can transfer over credits from other schools.

I think their housing options are horrible and misleading. They take our deposit without guaranteeing us a choice where to live. I'm considering forfeiting my $250 housing deposit and finding a place on my own. Anyone have any opinions of skymark tower? It costs the same as the schools' "micro loft" that's 300 square feet. This place includes utilities and has furnished units available with much larger square footage than a measly 300 sq ft including a full kitchen with appliances and a separate living room unlike what this school offers.

I think their housing options are horrible and misleading. They take our deposit without guaranteeing us a choice where to live. I'm considering forfeiting my $250 housing deposit and finding a place on my own. Anyone have any opinions of skymark tower? It costs the same as the schools' "micro loft" that's 300 square feet. This place includes utilities and has furnished units available with much larger square footage than a measly 300 sq ft including a full kitchen with appliances and a separate living room unlike what this school offers.
I agree. I think the issue arises for those of you that were recently accepted. Because it is first come, first served it leaves newly accepted students with very limited choices. You may need to tolerate it for a year, then participate in the lottery to get into whatever building you really wanted, or you can just go off campus. The process sucks, though.

I agree. I think the issue arises for those of you that were recently accepted. Because it is first come, first served it leaves newly accepted students with very limited choices. You may need to tolerate it for a year, then participate in the lottery to get into whatever building you really wanted, or you can just go off campus. The process sucks, though.
I was accepted awhile ago, but they still don't let me live where I wanted it to. Now I have to choose to live from one of those expensive places. I think I probably rent an apt to share. Yes, the process sucks. I expected alot, and can't wait to live at 10 Lincoln, now it turns out like this :(

hey did you get the letter or are you talking about the email?
if you look at pharmacopeadia's post, it says "university sponsered housing" and then it goes on to say you'll be at lincoln / foster.
idk why they changed their housing procedure this year.

I got an email but not the same one as pharmacopeadia's post. They told me that both on campus housings are already filled up, and that I have to choose from one of university sponsoring housing. I'm not happy about that at all. If that was the case, they should let us know earlier.

I received a letter with my roommates and where I will be staying.. I will be at 25 Foster!!

anybody know if they have lockers for people that are staying off campus?

Yes. They are in 19 or 25 Foster in the basement. You just have to provide your own lock.

Foster 6-men suite here! SWEET! Any of you named chiedozie ayika, christopher goncalo, matthew rogan, robert voigt, or jerick san mateo?

Aww, happy for those of you that got 25 foster! Sadly, I didn't receive foster nor lincoln! I am so disappointed with the new housing options they provided us! I originally put a $250 deposit for on-campus housing because I wanted to be close to the school. However I searched up these new housing-options and they are not that close.. 16 minutes of walking or more! I might just resort to off campus housing.. :/ Any advices/opinions about housing for new comers?

Hey I this is Matt Rogan. Weird I checked this today haha.
Hey Matt. Same here. I haven't been on this website in 2 months. Happened to go on this morning and saw my name pop up. Where are all you guys from? (chiedozie ayika, christopher goncalo, matthew rogan, jerick san mateo)

Hey Matt. Same here. I haven't been on this website in 2 months. Happened to go on this morning and saw my name pop up. Where are all you guys from? (chiedozie ayika, christopher goncalo, matthew rogan, jerick san mateo)

Los Angeles

NEW YORK CITY!! Queens, actually...

Fall River, MA...boring city

So what does everything think about the on-campus housing?? Which one will you guys be choosing??

Hi everyone,
I didnt apply this year, but I have a question for all of you who got the acceptance this year. Is there any of you who apply for Worcester campus without BS/BA degree? I just try to complete the requirement list. what is the chance to get in if I don't have 4 years degree? anyone know? appreciated it !:)

Hi everyone,
I didnt apply this year, but I have a question for all of you who got the acceptance this year. Is there any of you who apply for Worcester campus without BS/BA degree? I just try to complete the requirement list. what is the chance to get in if I don't have 4 years degree? anyone know? appreciated it !:)

if you have good grades, some form of pharmacy experience, and apply early. i dont see why you wouldnt get an interview. just keep in mind that your prereq list without a BS/BA is a lot more than with a degree so you will have more classes that factor in to your mcphs gpa. that can be a good or bad thing!

My understanding is that Boston campus takes more transfer students, but not sure.

Thanks for your response! I'm doing what the lady who works at admission office told me to do. My overall GPA now is 3.73, science and math:3.94, pre-pharm: 3.83. After this semester, I have 6 more courses left, but I think that I can maintain my GPA (At least not under 3.5). I hope I still have chance to get in. I'm sooooo stressful tho.

if you have good grades, some form of pharmacy experience, and apply early. i dont see why you wouldnt get an interview. just keep in mind that your prereq list without a BS/BA is a lot more than with a degree so you will have more classes that factor in to your mcphs gpa. that can be a good or bad thing!

Thanks for your response! I'm doing what the lady who works at admission office told me to do. My overall GPA now is 3.73, science and math:3.94, pre-pharm: 3.83. After this semester, I have 6 more courses left, but I think that I can maintain my GPA (At least not under 3.5). I hope I still have chance to get in. I'm sooooo stressful tho.

My understanding is that Boston campus takes more transfer students, but not sure.

I heard so too, but the lady works at Worcester campus told me it's the same. plus it's 3 years program for Worcester instead of 4. This is the reason why I choose Worcester. I just want to finish school asap and live my life :)

pretty sure you will get in because of grades alone

pretty sure you will get in because of grades alone

Awww thanks! I hope so too, but I'm too scare to give it too much hope :scared: One more thing, I need to take the TOEFL test because English isn't my first language. I've been in the US for only almost 4 years :)

You said I should apply early. Do you know when the school start receiving the application?

You said I should apply early. Do you know when the school start receiving the application?

pharmcas opens in june, first mailout date first week of august, and supplemental is available on mcphs website.