MCPHS Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pharmcas opens in june, first mailout date first week of august, and supplemental is available on mcphs website.
Do you know if I can apply when I still have some courses left? I think I will finish all the major science courses by the end of this Fall, then I will have intro Psychology, intro Sociology, and History. I plan to take them on the Spring. I hope these courses won't held back my application.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know if I can apply when I still have some courses left? I think I will finish all the major science courses by the end of this Fall, then I will have intro Psychology, intro Sociology, and History. I plan to take them on the Spring. I hope these courses won't held back my application.
They wont hold u back. Just go ahead and apply and u will get in. I dont have a BA/BS and am starting this Fall 2013. I left from a community college with Associate in Pre- Pharmacy and a good GPA. So u r better placed and u hv a good GPA too. Just keep up w that GPA and u will find urself in come Fall 2014. WIsh u Luck!!!

They wont hold u back. Just go ahead and apply and u will get in. I dont have a BA/BS and am starting this Fall 2013. I left from a community college with Associate in Pre- Pharmacy and a good GPA. So u r better placed and u hv a good GPA too. Just keep up w that GPA and u will find urself in come Fall 2014. WIsh u Luck!!!

Do you mind telling me your gpa? I'm worry that my gpa will drop a little by the time I apply. What is your difinition about "good gpa"?

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks a lot for your response. I feel a little more confident now. But I'm Not in a better place compare to you. I took most of my courses in community college too. My major isn't Pre-pharm. I have Associate in Science( business), then I changed my mind. I'm taking some more courses to complete the requirement list and plan to apply for the Fall 2014. I don't have any experience, just an ok gpa.

Thanks a lot for your response. I feel a little more confident now. But I'm Not in a better place compare to you. I took most of my courses in community college too. My major isn't Pre-pharm. I have Associate in Science( business), then I changed my mind. I'm taking some more courses to complete the requirement list and plan to apply for the Fall 2014. I don't have any experience, just an ok gpa.

No worries. My major isnt pre pharm or anything related either. As long as you complete your pre-reqs, good GPA , right reason of "why pharmacy" and passions for pharmacy then you will be good.

No worries. My major isnt pre pharm or anything related either. As long as you complete your pre-reqs, good GPA , right reason of "why pharmacy" and passions for pharmacy then you will be good.

Thank you so much all of you! I'm happy that I found this forum. You guys are soooo awesome! :love:
I live 5 mins from MCPHS Worcester. If you guys need any help, just inbox me. I dont know if i can help much, but At least I know well about Worcester area :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much all of you! I'm happy that I found this forum. You guys are soooo awesome! :love:
I live 5 mins from MCPHS Worcester. If you guys need any help, just inbox me. I dont know if i can help much, but At least I know well about Worcester area :)

No problem ! We are here to help each other reach our professional goals and succeed + make $$$$

Feel free to ask questions and we are trying to help with our understandings

So I guess our whole class moves this gossip forum into Facebook haha :)

No problem ! We are here to help each other reach our professional goals and succeed + make $$$$

Feel free to ask questions and we are trying to help with our understandings

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::love::love::love:
Hope I can get it next year, so i will be in the same school with all great people =)

hey guys! I have an interview coming up next week. I am not sure if the class is full at this time! do you guys think itd be worth the 6 hr flight? any thoughts?

hey guys! I have an interview coming up next week. I am not sure if the class is full at this time! do you guys think itd be worth the 6 hr flight? any thoughts?
I think they called you for the interview mean they need more student. I don't think they gonna make you flight all the way here just to reject. I think if the class are full, they would put you in the waiting list instead of calling you for the interview, so just give it a try. Good luck!:luck: Let us know if you get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they called you for the interview mean they need more student. I don't think they gonna make you flight all the way here just to reject. I think if the class are full, they would put you in the waiting list instead of calling you for the interview, so just give it a try. Good luck!:luck: Let us know if you get in.

You are right! thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Hi everyone... I am a P1 in Manchester. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to try and answer them for you. I do not live on campus and don't know anything about housing in Worcester. Get ready for a busy year ahead!

MCPHS University
Manchester Campus
Class of 2015

yes tell me more! i was just accepted for fall 2013 in manchester..coming from NY and want to know all the details :)

Hey there,
I was wondering which areas in Manchester have good housing options if you have any idea.. Is it better to stay near campus or would it be ok to live like 10 or 15 minutes away..considering school workload, traffic and weather.

I also read in your earlier discussions that there will be a project in US healthcare..can you please further describe what they require in the project..and was it really so tough?I sit like writing a book..or is it a few pages.. I am also kind of scared as I have read many negative reviews about the school..and at the same time I am also excited to move to manchester.I hope its a safe place..

hey did you get an apartment yet? Im also going to Manchester & starting to look for an apartment:thumbup:

hey guys, for those of us still contemplating about attending the school can anyone input on the high drop rate? i know that it's in part due to the accelerated pace of the program, but even for that it seems pretty high

Hello upcoming P1 students!
I'm a current P1 pharmacy student at MCPHSU. My roommate and I have an affordable spacious room of a 3 bedrooms apartment for share. We're both males and we're looking for another male roommate. The apartment is located right in the heart of Worcester. It is 3 minutes walk from MCPHSU and within walking distance from restaurants, banks, and other essential services. It's also within 10 minutes driving distance from Super Walmart and Sam's Club. The apartment is an ideal place for students who need a quiet place to study. The apartment is spacious, bright and are well-maintained. The rent is only $420 per month!!!

What is included in the $420 rent?

Appliances:
- Air Conditioning (Wall Unit)
- Garbage Disposal
- Microwave
- Refrigerator
- Oven

Utilities:
- Gas Included
- Heat Included
- Water Included
- Trash Pick-up Included
- Electricity Included

Common area: Living room, and an island bar where you can have fun after a stressful exam lol
An advice for upcoming P1s from the South, Southwest, or areas where you don't expect to see snow or never drive in the blizzard before: Worcester is the second snowiest city in the United States. We've received a total of 108.9 inches of snow last winter season. It's best to live close to campus so you don't have to worry about all the driving in the Winter!!!
Please email me for contact information or other information. Thank you very much for looking!!!

hey guys, for those of us still contemplating about attending the school can anyone input on the high drop rate? i know that it's in part due to the accelerated pace of the program, but even for that it seems pretty high
Once u make up your mind not to be dropped. U will study hard and pass well. so the advice to us is to study hard. Since others are making it thru it means it is doable.

Last edited:
yes tell me more! i was just accepted for fall 2013 in manchester..coming from NY and want to know all the details :)

Hey there. What would you like to know?

As far as the drop rate question: If you don't take school seriously, you will not do well. It's just like anything else in life. A lot of students aren't mature enough to make this program their full-time job.

As far as the drop rate question: If you don't take school seriously, you will not do well. It's just like anything else in life. A lot of students aren't mature enough to make this program their full-time job.

More like interested enough...

Or healthy enough........................................This does not have to do with the drop rate..........but I want to throw it out there .......... Don't get sick or injured during the semester. Make sure everything that will bog you down during the semester is taken care of beforehand....... But nearly all incoming students know this.........

The program moves at a very fast pace.........Precious time and ~$20,000 should motivate you...........................

babble, babble , babble

Oh, Im very serious about the program there is no doubt about that. Well what I meant is like can you tell me about life in Manchester. Hows the dining and such..supposedly there is a cafeteria we can go too?

More like interested enough...

Or healthy enough........................................This does not have to do with the drop rate..........but I want to throw it out there .......... Don't get sick or injured during the semester. Make sure everything that will bog you down during the semester is taken care of beforehand....... But nearly all incoming students know this.........

The program moves at a very fast pace.........Precious time and ~$20,000 should motivate you...........................

babble, babble , babble
I dont understand the 20, 000 u mentioned above. Are we given 20, 000?

what is the drop rate?

Oh, Im very serious about the program there is no doubt about that. Well what I meant is like can you tell me about life in Manchester. Hows the dining and such..supposedly there is a cafeteria we can go too?

Manchester campus is small and is very much a commuter campus. There is a cafeteria that is shared by the NH Art School but I don't know anyone who has ever gone there. I bring lunch and there are lots of close places to get food. If you have any other questions let me know.

The drop rate was about 10% during and after first semester but it is much less after that. Most people left for personal issues rather than grades.

Once u make up your mind not to be dropped. U will study hard and pass well. so the advice to us is to study hard. Since others are making it thru it means it is doable.
thanks. im contemplating between mcphs worcester and another school that seems to offer more opportunities with rotations and clinical experience. i got the impression that the school is kind of limited in diversity and availability during my interview since we only get to ask questions from one faculty member who couldn't really give us a student's perspective..

what is the drop rate?
its high but apparently a bunch of P1s got caught cheating last year? i think the grad rate is like 69% which is low compared to most schools. does anyone know if lincoln or the other on-campus housing is full yet?

Also.. can current students reply on the teaching style of most of the professors? I know a lot of other schools incorporate a lot of group activities and student presentations but since this is an accelerated program I wonder if there's time for that? Is it just powerpoint lecture and exams?

its high but apparently a bunch of P1s got caught cheating last year? i think the grad rate is like 69% which is low compared to most schools. does anyone know if lincoln or the other on-campus housing is full yet?

what do you mean by P1 cheating?
Did they cheat on the tests and got caught?
Looking at the grad rate, I'm scared even though I am determined to commit my 200% to study :(

Last edited:
what do you been by P1 cheating?
Did they cheat on the tests and got caught?
Looking at the grad rate, I'm scared even though I am determined to commit my 200% to study :(
I don't know how to elaborate more on that.. they were caught cheating (I asked a P2). I don't know the details but my interviewer/a professor mentioned it a little too.

Guys, does anyone know any info regarding Bancroft commons and about their building on Portland street???

Hi everyone, I was recently accepted! I was wondering if anyone knows the estimated cost of books and supplies per year? I couldn't find it on the website and would appreciate any help. :)

Hi everyone,
Is there any of you apply without BS/ BA degree accepted? If yes, did you finish the prerequisite before applying? did anyone get an interview before finishing all the required courses? I'm losing sleep because of this. Please help! I'm really appreciate it!:scared:

Hey guys I just got an invited to an interview and was wondering if anyone knows what the interview is like and what kind of questions they ask.

Thanks

Hey guys I just got an invited to an interview and was wondering if anyone knows what the interview is like and what kind of questions they ask.

Thanks

For what cycle are you entering if you get accepted?

Hello everyone, I will be a P1 student and was wondering if P2, P3 students can give us little hints on what to expect, maybe some methods of approaching a certain subject, any info would be really, really appreciated. Also, if someone knows if Bancroft commons (smaller building on Portland st) is a decent place to live while in school. THANK YOU!

Hey everyone.

I'm going to be applying to MCPHS Worcester soon, but I have some concerns about my strength as an applicant.

I have a B.A. in Biology-Psychology form Tufts University. That is my strongest attribute.

My cumulative GPA is around 3.05, but my GPA in the prerequisite courses is lower (closer to ~2.5). The reason for this is because I got a D, a C-, and a couple of C's. I am retaking the D course next semester.

Do you think MCPHS adcom will overlook my poor grades in those prerequisite courses considering I completed them at a top tier university ? I'm not trying to sound pretentious, but I could have easily gone to a community college and maintained a 4.0.

Thoughts?