Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCV/VCU secondary.....please help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by anxiousmed, Sep 27, 2002.

1. anxiousmed

anxiousmed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

for all of you SDNer's that completed/working on the MCV/VCU secondary, How long was your "future vision statement"...i know they said a few sentences but sine I applied last year, I have a whole paragraph of the Practice Vision statement from AMCAS..i don't know if i should cut it down or just use the same thing.
    Also, what did you guys write on the handwritten essay? Thanks a lot,
    anxious

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wahoo07

Wahoo07 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Mine was about two paragraphs long. The handwritten one I did was about why I was interested in the school. Don't sweat it. ;)

3. Joe Joe on da Radio

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    wow...i guess i wrote something way out in leftfield for the handwritten essay...i wonder how an essay on post-communist feminist thought in poland will go over with the adcom? oh well. they did say ANY topic.

4. OP
    OP
    anxiousmed

anxiousmed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

wahoo/joe joe or anyone else......what about the practice vision essay? thanks...i want to get this one done by sunday....you guys are awesome
    anxious

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jet915

Jet915 Shi*ter's Rule
    10+ Year Member

For the VCU one, I decided to write about the unique qualities I thought I could bring to the class.

Jetson

6. Joe Joe on da Radio

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    they asked for a "few sentences," so i wrote a total of 4 sentences. something like, "i have a strong desire to practice in an urban, public hospital setting in the future...(insert reasons why, how my background has prepared me for it, etc.). hope that helps!

--joe joe

7. Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member

i wrote like 3 paragraphs for the vision statement...& a little more than the recommended words for the handwritten essay.

8. OP
    OP
    anxiousmed

anxiousmed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

have any of you out of staters that completed the secondary receive an interview yet?
    thanks

9. chopsuey

chopsuey miss independent
    7+ Year Member

I haven't yet :(

10. OP
    OP
    anxiousmed

anxiousmed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

any one that does interview, if you don't mind. please post your stats..in/out of state as well...thanks

11. secretstang19

secretstang19 Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm an in-stater who's been offered an interview. My file was complete since 9/9, and I just found out about the interview this week. If you want stats, PM me.

Good luck to everyone!

12. OP
    OP
    anxiousmed

anxiousmed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks.....any more? bump

13. OP
    OP
    anxiousmed

anxiousmed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

bump