MCV/VCU secondary.....please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anxiousmed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for all of you SDNer's that completed/working on the MCV/VCU secondary, How long was your "future vision statement"...i know they said a few sentences but sine I applied last year, I have a whole paragraph of the Practice Vision statement from AMCAS..i don't know if i should cut it down or just use the same thing.
Also, what did you guys write on the handwritten essay? Thanks a lot,
anxious

Members don't see this ad.

Mine was about two paragraphs long. The handwritten one I did was about why I was interested in the school. Don't sweat it. ;)

wow...i guess i wrote something way out in leftfield for the handwritten essay...i wonder how an essay on post-communist feminist thought in poland will go over with the adcom? oh well. they did say ANY topic.

Members don't see this ad :)
wahoo/joe joe or anyone else......what about the practice vision essay? thanks...i want to get this one done by sunday....you guys are awesome
anxious

For the VCU one, I decided to write about the unique qualities I thought I could bring to the class.

Jetson

Originally posted by anxiousmed
wahoo/joe joe or anyone else......what about the practice vision essay? thanks...i want to get this one done by sunday....you guys are awesome
anxious

they asked for a "few sentences," so i wrote a total of 4 sentences. something like, "i have a strong desire to practice in an urban, public hospital setting in the future...(insert reasons why, how my background has prepared me for it, etc.). hope that helps!

--joe joe

i wrote like 3 paragraphs for the vision statement...& a little more than the recommended words for the handwritten essay.

have any of you out of staters that completed the secondary receive an interview yet?
thanks

Originally posted by anxiousmed
have any of you out of staters that completed the secondary receive an interview yet?
thanks

I haven't yet :(

any one that does interview, if you don't mind. please post your stats..in/out of state as well...thanks

I'm an in-stater who's been offered an interview. My file was complete since 9/9, and I just found out about the interview this week. If you want stats, PM me.

Good luck to everyone!

thanks.....any more? bump