anxiousmed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2002
IL
Visit site
Status
for all of you SDNer's that completed/working on the MCV/VCU secondary, How long was your "future vision statement"...i know they said a few sentences but sine I applied last year, I have a whole paragraph of the Practice Vision statement from AMCAS..i don't know if i should cut it down or just use the same thing.
Also, what did you guys write on the handwritten essay? Thanks a lot,
anxious

Wahoo07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
Visit site
Status
Mine was about two paragraphs long. The handwritten one I did was about why I was interested in the school. Don't sweat it. ;)

Joe Joe on da Radio

Gissepi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
wow...i guess i wrote something way out in leftfield for the handwritten essay...i wonder how an essay on post-communist feminist thought in poland will go over with the adcom? oh well. they did say ANY topic.

About the Ads
OP
A

anxiousmed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2002
IL
Visit site
Status
wahoo/joe joe or anyone else......what about the practice vision essay? thanks...i want to get this one done by sunday....you guys are awesome
anxious

Jet915

Shi*ter's Rule
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2002
Jacksonville, NC
www.naturesamerica.com
Status
For the VCU one, I decided to write about the unique qualities I thought I could bring to the class.

Jetson

Joe Joe on da Radio

Gissepi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by anxiousmed
wahoo/joe joe or anyone else......what about the practice vision essay? thanks...i want to get this one done by sunday....you guys are awesome
anxious
they asked for a "few sentences," so i wrote a total of 4 sentences. something like, "i have a strong desire to practice in an urban, public hospital setting in the future...(insert reasons why, how my background has prepared me for it, etc.). hope that helps!

--joe joe

Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2002
Visit site
Status
i wrote like 3 paragraphs for the vision statement...& a little more than the recommended words for the handwritten essay.

OP
A

anxiousmed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2002
IL
Visit site
Status
have any of you out of staters that completed the secondary receive an interview yet?
thanks

chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
good question.... ;)
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by anxiousmed
have any of you out of staters that completed the secondary receive an interview yet?
thanks
I haven't yet :(

OP
A

anxiousmed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2002
IL
Visit site
Status
any one that does interview, if you don't mind. please post your stats..in/out of state as well...thanks

secretstang19

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
Status
I'm an in-stater who's been offered an interview. My file was complete since 9/9, and I just found out about the interview this week. If you want stats, PM me.

Good luck to everyone!

OP
A

anxiousmed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2002
IL
Visit site
Status
thanks.....any more? bump

OP