Mcv

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what they're looking for in out-of-state applicants when screening before handing out secondaries? i didn't realize that they only give secondaries to ~half of out-of-state applicants! :( any insight? :(

Members don't see this ad.

...as you are. i don't anticipate getting a secondary now that i realize that though.... my darn MCAT scores are the only thing holding me back! :( makes me sad :(

yeah....i don't even know what numbers they're looking for. do you? i *think* i'll be able to get by a screen if it's reasonable, but if it's like, say, the way UMiami is for out of state, then i'm screwed! i was counting on explaining that i have family both in the area and at the college to make me seem like a legitimate candidate (not just someone who thought the numbers at MCV look comfy). :scared:

second thing-- since most people refer to this school by its acronym, how can i search threads for it? (three letter words are apparently too short to search for..it keeps saying MCV is under the minimum word length). thanks! +pissed+

i hate that schools screen secondaries, but i guess there's no better way to do it. i have great ECs and experience, but if they 'plug and chug' a formula, i'm dead meat! :) don't know how to search for MCV although some people post it the same time as EVMS...you could try that.

good luck on making past the screen! :)