chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
good question.... ;)
Status (Visible)
does anyone know what they're looking for in out-of-state applicants when screening before handing out secondaries? i didn't realize that they only give secondaries to ~half of out-of-state applicants! :( any insight? :(

smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2002
New Jersey
Status (Visible)
...as you are. i don't anticipate getting a secondary now that i realize that though.... my darn MCAT scores are the only thing holding me back! :( makes me sad :(

chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
good question.... ;)
Status (Visible)
yeah....i don't even know what numbers they're looking for. do you? i *think* i'll be able to get by a screen if it's reasonable, but if it's like, say, the way UMiami is for out of state, then i'm screwed! i was counting on explaining that i have family both in the area and at the college to make me seem like a legitimate candidate (not just someone who thought the numbers at MCV look comfy). :scared:

second thing-- since most people refer to this school by its acronym, how can i search threads for it? (three letter words are apparently too short to search for..it keeps saying MCV is under the minimum word length). thanks! +pissed+

smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2002
New Jersey
Status (Visible)
i hate that schools screen secondaries, but i guess there's no better way to do it. i have great ECs and experience, but if they 'plug and chug' a formula, i'm dead meat! :) don't know how to search for MCV although some people post it the same time as EVMS...you could try that.

good luck on making past the screen! :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.