MCW Interview for waitlist...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep, I interviewed on February 2nd and received the same e-mail. I talked to Mike Istawan while I was there and he said that the waitlist does move pretty quickly, so everyone is right about that. He said the way the waitlist works is that they have three pools of candidates, "high", "middle", and "low". When they start on the waitlist, they begin choosing candidates from the high pool first, and then when that is exhausted they move onto the next. I would definitely consider interviewing there, even if it is only for the waitlist.

He said it moves quickly? The year I was on it, it sure didn't. There were like 15 people taken off the list, compared to the 200, 49, and 92 the 3 years before my class. I don't know about last years stats. There'd be a week or 2 without any movement, and I'm sure the office got annoyed with me calling every M, W, F (then I started calling every day as I got more anxious because I didn't want to go to my state school). The people up in admin at least knew who I was when I introduced myself.

Good luck to you guys! It is a good school, but I hate beyond cold weather better measured in K than F with a passion that words cannot describe.

Members don't see this ad.

He said it moves quickly? The year I was on it, it sure didn't. There were like 15 people taken off the list, compared to the 200, 49, and 92 the 3 years before my class. I don't know about last years stats. There'd be a week or 2 without any movement, and I'm sure the office got annoyed with me calling every M, W, F (then I started calling every day as I got more anxious because I didn't want to go to my state school). The people up in admin at least knew who I was when I introduced myself.

Good luck to you guys! It is a good school, but I hate beyond cold weather better measured in K than F with a passion that words cannot describe.

Wow, that's interesting to know. Thanks! Maybe Mike was talking about the other years.

Haha... I'm a little concerned about the weather too. But it's only 4 years, right? :rolleyes:

Wow, that's interesting to know. Thanks! Maybe Mike was talking about the other years.

Haha... I'm a little concerned about the weather too. But it's only 4 years, right? :rolleyes:

No worries... that's what I keep telling myself. Well, now it's more like 2.5 more winters (less if I do away rotations 4th year).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing on Feb. 2nd and got the same email. It seems like those that interviewed on Jan. 19th and those that will interview on Feb. 2nd are in the same boat for the final spots. Hope this helps with any confusion.

How come some got the e-mail and others did not? delivery error? less important applicants? can someone pls explain.

just curious...for those of you interviewing 2/16 or interviewed 2/2, when were you complete?