You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MCW Pharmacy Class of 2021
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi, I submitted my app but haven't heard anything yet.
What were your stats/wait-time for an interview and before they accepted you? I am so nervous!
What were your stats/wait-time for an interview and before they accepted you? I am so nervous!
Hi, I submitted my app but haven't heard anything yet.
What were your stats/wait-time for an interview and before they accepted you? I am so nervous!
I applied December 22nd. My application was verified Jan 11th. I received an email for an interview Jan. 15th. The interview was Jan. 18th and I recievd my acceptance letter on Jan 25th.
When did your application get verified?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just interviewed on Friday, and the whole experience was really laid back. By far the most impressive program I have learned about so far. They told us we'd hear back from them the following Thursday (2 days from today) so I'm super nervous/excited!
hey thanks for your reply! Hope you get some good news today!!I just interviewed on Friday, and the whole experience was really laid back. By far the most impressive program I have learned about so far. They told us we'd hear back from them the following Thursday (2 days from today) so I'm super nervous/excited!
The Pharmacy School is just starting its second year, but Medical College of Wisconsin is an amazing institution. They've been around in some form or other for well over a century. The Dean previously founded the Roosevelt University 3 year program a few years ago, and they have become a very successful program, so the resources and leadership are there for the program to succeed.Hey guys. Is MCW a good school? I saw that they are only in pre-candidate status?
Still waiting to hear back - no news today, hopefully tomorrow??
Confused about 1 thing though, what does it mean to be "pre-candidate" status?The Pharmacy School is just starting its second year, but Medical College of Wisconsin is an amazing institution. They've been around in some form or other for well over a century. The Dean previously founded the Roosevelt University 3 year program a few years ago, and they have become a very successful program, so the resources and leadership are there for the program to succeed.
Still waiting to hear back - no news today, hopefully tomorrow??
What happens once the first group of students graduates from the school? Can they practice just like any other pharmacist?
Confused about 1 thing though, what does it mean to be "pre-candidate" status?
What happens once the first group of students graduates from the school? Can they practice just like any other pharmacist?
Because it is a 3 year program, and they need to become accredited before the first class graduates, the accreditation process is sped up from the typical 4 year process for new schools. The Dean said that their candidacy review will be this April, when they will advance to "candidate" status. Then, the next review will give them full accreditation before the final class graduates. At least that's how I understood it.
Got my acceptance email today! Super excited to start this summer!!
The Pharmacy School is just starting its second year, but Medical College of Wisconsin is an amazing institution. They've been around in some form or other for well over a century. The Dean previously founded the Roosevelt University 3 year program a few years ago, and they have become a very successful program, so the resources and leadership are there for the program to succeed.
Still waiting to hear back - no news today, hopefully tomorrow??
Are you guys worried that it’s not accredited yet? What’s your take on that? Jw because I got accepted to a school in pre-candidate heading into candidate this summer. Debating if it’s worth it
Hey unoriginalavatar, or anyone reading this, please help.I just interviewed on Friday, and the whole experience was really laid back. By far the most impressive program I have learned about so far. They told us we'd hear back from them the following Thursday (2 days from today) so I'm super nervous/excited!
I just got my interview invite, and I was wondering if you could share some tips about the interview day. This is my first time interviewing for any kind of health profession school so any tips would be appreciated!!! Could you explain what kind of questions they could ask?
Thank you
I'm not worried about it at all, because MCW has the resources to ensure that the accreditation process is smooth and successful, and the Dean has success in this area as well. I think it would depend on the school though. If it were a brand new pharmacy program without the support of an already established health professions education program to rely on, I might be more hesitant.Are you guys worried that it’s not accredited yet? What’s your take on that? Jw because I got accepted to a school in pre-candidate heading into candidate this summer. Debating if it’s worth it
First of all, congrats and good luck! You'll be fine, don't worry.Hey unoriginalavatar, or anyone reading this, please help.
I just got my interview invite, and I was wondering if you could share some tips about the interview day. This is my first time interviewing for any kind of health profession school so any tips would be appreciated!!! Could you explain what kind of questions they could ask?
Thank you
The interviews themselves (two interviews, 1 on 1) are SUPER laid back. They'll probably ask you the basic questions like "why pharmacy?" and "where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?" Other than that, it's more like a conversation than anything, and every single faculty member I met was incredibly nice.
The writing section is pretty basic - they'll ask you an ethics type question and how you would approach it to try and fix it. The questions are all different, and they rotate them throughout the interview process, so I can't tell you what your particular question will be, but think of the writing section of the PCAT and you've got a pretty good idea of what to expect. It's all done on a computer, and you have like 30 minutes or so. Nothing to worry about!
The biggest thing to remember - RELAX. Just be yourself. I know that's what everyone says, but that's because it's true! They just need to attach a personality to your résumé - you're already qualified on paper!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not worried about it at all, because MCW has the resources to ensure that the accreditation process is smooth and successful, and the Dean has success in this area as well. I think it would depend on the school though. If it were a brand new pharmacy program without the support of an already established health professions education program to rely on, I might be more hesitant.
I'm not worried about it at all, because MCW has the resources to ensure that the accreditation process is smooth and successful, and the Dean has success in this area as well. I think it would depend on the school though. If it were a brand new pharmacy program without the support of an already established health professions education program to rely on, I might be more hesitant.
Gotcha. Yeah the school I got into has an established optometry school since 1904 and PA school for 5 ish years now and the dean opened Hawaii and Arizona as well. So what you think? The school is Marshall B Ketchum
Thank you!! I'll do my best, and I hope I'll see some if not all of you in a couple months!!!
Looks like it’s well established with the proper support system around it, but other than what I’ve gathered from the site I have absolutely no idea. Gotta go with your gut! But good luck regardless of your choice!Gotcha. Yeah the school I got into has an established optometry school since 1904 and PA school for 5 ish years now and the dean opened Hawaii and Arizona as well. So what you think? The school is Marshall B Ketchum
Any tips for what they say is "group activity" during the interview day?Looks like it’s well established with the proper support system around it, but other than what I’ve gathered from the site I have absolutely no idea. Gotta go with your gut! But good luck regardless of your choice!
Jolyne T
New Member
I just interviewed on Friday, and the whole experience was really laid back. By far the most impressive program I have learned about so far. They told us we'd hear back from them the following Thursday (2 days from today) so I'm super nervous/excited!
I got interview last Friday, and today is Thursday, I still not hear anything from them yet. I’m too worried if I couldn’t be accepted 🙁
D
deleted798281
I agree with you!this school has the worst reputation in all of the midwest, definitely would not be a smart decision to attend this school
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K