MCW Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patch_o

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone filled out MCW's secondary? I didn't see any essays or anything but a few questions and please give us 60$. Is it really that simple???

Members don't see this ad.

patch_o said:
Hey guys, has anyone filled out MCW's secondary? I didn't see any essays or anything but a few questions and please give us 60$. Is it really that simple???

Yup

patch_o said:

yup, it's just that simple.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what it was like last year--just send them the $$ ASAP, if you've got it, and get your LORs in pronto! They take date of completed file into account when giving out interviews, and their class fills up relatively early. Good luck! :luck:

Thanks!

Talk about a fundraiser. Is the secondary all that necessary??

I actually had some problems with the online form, as it didn't capture some the information I entered. I emailed them and they said they have taken down the form due to some errors. So I am waiting for them to fix it.

silkworm said:
I actually had some problems with the online form, as it didn't capture some the information I entered. I emailed them and they said they have taken down the form due to some errors. So I am waiting for them to fix it.

It's up again. :luck:

the brown note said:
That's what it was like last year--just send them the $$ ASAP, if you've got it, and get your LORs in pronto! They take date of completed file into account when giving out interviews, and their class fills up relatively early. Good luck! :luck:

Agreed! Once your file gets past the preliminary screening for stats, AMCAS essay, and ECs, application completion date determines how soon you get an interview. Due to late letters of recommendation, I completed my secondary in late August but wasn't considered complete until September 21st...consequently, I didn't get an interview until January.

I initially liked the secondaries that did not require an essay because they took no time to complete. However, as I wrote essays for schools that required them, I realized that it was nice to have another opportunity to talk about myself. But, as it turns out, things worked out well for me at MCW. Good luck, and maybe I'll see you around campus during your interview!

Since all of my letters are coming in a packet from my school, do I still need to list the research/physician letters in the "optional letters" category? If so, I wasn't sure what they mean by the personal vs professional thing. I think the letter from my research supervisor is relatively personal, in that I've worked with her for years, often one-on-one, so we are pretty close. But our interactions are always in the context of working on the research, so I guess that's professional? Yeah, I managed to be confused by the easy application. :rolleyes:

HelenaP said:
Since all of my letters are coming in a packet from my school, do I still need to list the research/physician letters in the "optional letters" category? If so, I wasn't sure what they mean by the personal vs professional thing. I think the letter from my research supervisor is relatively personal, in that I've worked with her for years, often one-on-one, so we are pretty close. But our interactions are always in the context of working on the research, so I guess that's professional? Yeah, I managed to be confused by the easy application. :rolleyes:

I called them about that whole LOR thing, and they said that if the letters are coming in a packet, then I don't need to add them in with the optional letters.

Did anyone else who is a Wisconsin resident get "not applicable" show up after the Wisconsin Residency form on the status page after you submitted the application? I'm wondering if I should call them to make sure that my application shows that I'm a resident.

shantster said:
Did anyone else who is a Wisconsin resident get "not applicable" show up after the Wisconsin Residency form on the status page after you submitted the application? I'm wondering if I should call them to make sure that my application shows that I'm a resident.

I might have had this too... On one page of the status page it said that my Wisconsin residency was approved and on the other page it said something along the lines of "not applicable." You should have gotten a letter in the mail saying that your Wisconsin Residency form was received. Either way, I'd just call and ask to be sure.

scotttennis said:
I might have had this too... On one page of the status page it said that my Wisconsin residency was approved and on the other page it said something along the lines of "not applicable." You should have gotten a letter in the mail saying that your Wisconsin Residency form was received. Either way, I'd just call and ask to be sure.

I'm still working on that form. Some of those questions on there are completely ridiculus. Hopefully I've have it done and mailed out next week.

Thanks!

I had a dream that someone stole my MCW secondary (of all schools!)