MD/PhD in social sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyisland

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm interested in pursuing an MD/PhD in a social science like public health since I want to gain clinical skills and do research as well. It seems that schools do offer programs like this but it seems less popular than an MD/PhD in natural science. I only have the information I can find through google, which is okay but I'm sure there should be some more comprehensive knowledge pools elsewhere. I've talked to the pre-health advisors at my university and it seems like no one has any more information than I do. Does anyone know where I can get more information about these programs like which schools offer it, what makes me competitive for this program, what specific PhD degrees are offered etc? Or better yet, is anyone doing an MD/PhD in a social science on this forum?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

MSTP Medical Scientist peep here ... and I also have an additional doctoral degree in a different field.

I am aware of MSTP programs that allow students to earn both an MD degree and a PhD degree in a non-science field (e.g., social sciences, humanities, JD, MBA,).

Although the list below is NOT all-inclusive (because it needs to be updated with additional MD-PhD programs), you can click on the link below for information that may be useful to you:

https://www.physicianscientists.org/page/SSH

• Love
Reactions: 2 users