MD/PhD interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacGyver

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

How many of you have gotten MD/PhD interviews thusfar?

It seems like they wait longer to start interviewing than regular MD programs. I've heard from Yale, but they are the only one so far.

Washington Univ. sent me a letter stating my app had passed the first screen, was being considered by the MD/PhD committee, who would come to a decision soon on who to interview. They wanted me to pick out 10 faculty members whose research interests me just in case they want an interview. Anybody else get this?

Anybody gotten MD/PhD interviews at other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I have not gotten a single one. I keep checking my mail apprehensively and repeatedly come up with nothing. This however has'nt deterred me from doing my interview preps. When are you scheduled for Yale? Congratulations. I like that place.

Thanks, it is a great program. My interview there is on 9/25. I think baylor21 may have gotten a couple of MD/PhD interviews at Pitt and Johns Hopkins, but other than him I dont know of any other schools giving out MD/PhD interviews yet. Some of them like UNC dont interview until December or January.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I have also tried to apply to combined degree programs. When did you apply to Wash U mCGyver and how high are your stats? Thanks

Originally posted by GregiG:
•Hey,

I have also tried to apply to combined degree programs. When did you apply to Wash U mCGyver and how high are your stats? Thanks•

3.8 GPA, 38 MCAT.

My application has been complete at WUSTL now for about 3 weeks.