MD/PhD: WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microgliaiba1

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd probably take a gap year or two - 450 hours is probably on the lower side of things. Don't worry too much about having publications, they're nice but only Stanford will really knock you for not having any. If you're thinking neuroscience why not Columbia, NYU, or UCSD? Or WashU if you like microglia?

Put everything into research and you'll do fine. Rest of stuff honestly doesn't matter that much.

I'd probably take a gap year or two - 450 hours is probably on the lower side of things. Don't worry too much about having publications, they're nice but only Stanford will really knock you for not having any. If you're thinking neuroscience why not Columbia, NYU, or UCSD? Or WashU if you like microglia?

Put everything into research and you'll do fine. Rest of stuff honestly doesn't matter that much.
Thanks for the input. Those are on my list, I was just trying to get an idea if I'm competitive at schools at the top of the list. I have no bias to pursuing microglial research, that's just what my research is currently focused on, although I definitely want to have a research focus on cellular/molecular rather than behavioral or cognitive. Would it be worth my time to apply to only the schools I would definitely want to go to and if I don't get in then reapply after a gap year to those same schools again but with some back ups?