MD Schools with specific requirements/pre-requisites before applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonder88

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had Carle Illnois on my school list, until I recently stumbled upon a post where students need 9 out of 11 course competencies (mostly math like linear algebra, etc) and I don't have those requirements met. Are there any other schools like Carle Illnois that might have specific math requirements or "more extra" requirements that you've stumbled upon? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I had Carle Illnois on my school list, until I recently stumbled upon a post where students need 9 out of 11 course competencies (mostly math like linear algebra, etc) and I don't have those requirements met. Are there any other schools like Carle Illnois that might have specific math requirements or "more extra" requirements that you've stumbled upon? Thanks!
The University of Arizona schools require physiology and some other, specific upper division sciences. They also want a physician or clinical LOR too. Usually, only AZ residents should be applying there though.

Carle has a specific engineering focus, hence the long math requirements.

Reactions: 1 user
Strongly suggest that you invest in MSAR online

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Instead of spending time on hoping to stumble on specific school requirements visit the school websites and review them well. Also do as @Goro said. Buy the MSAR online.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
why lin alg for med school?
Carle Illinois is highly specific in seeking only premeds with engineering majors and higher level math/physics/ engineering skills.
They want their students to be interested in medical device innovations, invention, and such.
So it's just really important to read a school's focus and mission when making your school list.

Reactions: 4 users